Willis gone, Exodus begins! (1 Viewer)

SuperFred

Coventry City skipper Jordan Willis is on the verge of joining Championship strugglers Rotherham United after the Sky Blues accepted a third bid for the home-grown defender.

The Coventry Telegraph understands that the Millers were knocked back twice by City but came back with a final offer that matched the club’s valuation of the 22-year-old Cov Kid.

Willis , who has played over 100 games for his home town club, is locked in contract negotiations over a move to the New York Stadium which will almost certainly host League One football next season given United’s perilous position at the foot of the table where they are 11 points adrift of the safety margin.

Captain Dart

One down at least one more to go.

Captain Dart

Gint11

More bothered about it being another player going than it being Willis. He's shite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

Are we signing one of their players on loan?, that's usually part of the deal these days

no_loyalty

Why did I think you were going to say that!!! Was he out of contract in the summer?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

No he only signed a new deal last season, until 2018 I think?

Bristol sky blue

So our leading goal scorer now is....
Errrm, maybe someone has managed to score 3 goals? (I honestly don't know!)

Anyway, good luck to Willis (if he agrees personal terms with them) - with a decent experienced partner he could develop into a half decent central defender. Showed a lot of promise when he first broke into the side. Understandably his confidence has taken a bit of a battering this year but I think he'll prove to be a shrewd signing for Rotherham.

westofrayne

Why are we bothering to appeal the 3 game ban only to sell him the same day - Strange.

Don't buy tickets to semi if you can play rightback / centrehalf as you might get a game next Tuesday. One less for the squad next Tuesday, just hope his replaced tomorrow.

skybluepm2

Why are we appealing the sending off? Ridiculous. I'm not even the slightest bit surprised these days that a club can be so poorly managed from top to bottom and find it acceptable to let their best players for what will more than likely be peanuts on the final day of the window. How many more tomorrow? Bastards.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Knew from when we seen the Rotherham manager before the last home checkatrade game that he was keen on him. He mentioned he was a fan and was disappointed he wouldn't be seeing him that evening.

I rate Willis, absolutely. But I think it's unfortunate that he's a CB with value, and CB isn't a position we are struggling for since Clarke's arrival more so as he cemented one of the places and then the loan lad rocked up to take the other. Add to that's Turnball, who I don't rate but as a back up is he that bad to have around? Especially with no decent value, it makes Willis the more likely to leave

I was eleven in 87

Why are we appealing the sending off? Ridiculous. I'm not even the slightest bit surprised these days that a club can be so poorly managed from top to bottom and find it acceptable to let their best players for what will more than likely be peanuts on the final day of the window. How many more tomorrow? Bastards.

I assume that Rotherham will have asked City to appeal it so that he is available for them as part of the deal.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
So our leading goal scorer now is....
Errrm, maybe someone has managed to score 3 goals? (I honestly don't know!)

Anyway, good luck to Willis (if he agrees personal terms with them) - with a decent experienced partner he could develop into a half decent central defender. Showed a lot of promise when he first broke into the side. Understandably his confidence has taken a bit of a battering this year but I think he'll prove to be a shrewd signing for Rotherham.

And yet another new captain!

Has any club ever had so many captains in one season?

This season really is becoming a shambles!

Users who are viewing this thread