Will you go to Sixfields (1 Viewer)

Will you go to Sixfields

• Total voters

skybluelee

Right, so I'm the one that said yes. I'll see Cov wherever were playing, call me whatever you like but I travel down from Norfolk now to watch every home game so Northampton is actually 45 miles closer for me. Before people start with "its the principal of it" etc. I agree with all that but I will still certainly go to some games regardless of location.

Its supporters like you that will increase the likelihood of sisu remaining at our club. Well done.

I can say with my hand on my heart that if we relocated to Weymouth (stadium half a mile from my house) i would still not step inside it for a game.

To a man we need to starve these bastards out before they completely kill it. If they havent already.

Otis

"The Football League has granted permission to play at Northampton for an INITIAL 3 years", they already know there is no chance of a new stadium in that time if ever. Especially with these pricks who stole CCFC.

We all know that it is going to be more than 3 years if this hair brained new stadium plan comes to fruition.

And we all know that the FL will grant extension after extension. Could be 7 years easily.

Only two things can save us; 1. Sisu and ACL come to an agreement and we come back to the Ricoh or 2. New owners come in.

Sky Blue Pete

We all know that it is going to be more than 3 years if this hair brained new stadium plan comes to fruition.

And we all know that the FL will grant extension after extension. Could be 7 years easily.

Only two things can save us; 1. Sisu and ACL come to an agreement and we come back to the Ricoh or 2. New owners come in.

One other Otis liquidation

Matty_CCFC

Those who do go are heling SISU kill our club

If not one fan would go then the FL would not have made this choice, a few supporters are helping SISU kill our club.

Houdi

Those who do go are heling SISU kill our club

If not one fan would go then the FL would not have made this choice, a few supporters are helping SISU kill our club.
For a long time I shared that view, now I think the exact opposite maybe the best option. The trouble is SISU are expecting a boycott, and all these various protests although well meaning, have hardly resonated nationwide. However there is one chance to get the attention of the whole football world, media outlets, Tim Fisher the players and other clubs.
That is to do the exact opposite and pack out the 1st home game, and then en mass stage a peaceful sit down pitch protest. They can hardly evict 7000 fans,the game would have to abandoned,the FL could hardly ignore that.Would the FL really want the threat of continuing disruption to fixtures on a near weekly basis.Police costs would soar,or games would have to be played behind close doors.

Spionkop

Houdi, it is a more proactive way for sure. For months I've emailed various organisations, along with lots of others I'm sure, Voice of Reason et al, done it more in hope than conviction. It hasn't done a bit of good. They've probably hardly looked at them. I've felt we should have been a lot more direct in our approach, but there hasn't been a figure to lead, no one that could unite the rabble that the fans are at the minute.
Yours is a very good idea. But convincing all of us that have said we won't go is a hurdle we'd have to cross. Getting that first game abandoned would be brilliant. That should be the aim. The Football League would definitely act then. It's got to be peaceful, nobody gets hurt. But you're right, it would grab attention. Cardoza certainly wouldn't like it. Fisher wouldn't like it. When was the last time a Football League game was abandoned in this way?
It might be a way. But I repeat, PEACEFUL.

Spionkop

I got to add, it might just take one brave fan walking out on to the pitch and sitting down on the centre circle for many others to follow.

ericagradus

I live in Northampton, in fact a 15 minute walk from Sixfields. I had decided that if we played in Walsall as originally envisaged that I wouldn't renew my season ticket, but instead try a few more away games and a handful of 'home' games.

With Coventry now playing within walking distance of my home, I will be renewing and I will still be going to a handful of away games.

I don't agree with how the club has been run by the owners, but for me the fundamental problem was the rent on the 'Operation Premiership' stadium. Something had to happen.

But bottom line is that I support CCFC and I cannot watch any other team

Ashdown1

It will start off with a few thousand because the likes of Bristol will bring 1500 but it won't be long until it sinks to below a thousand I'm sure !

Dhinsa's_Millions

It will start off with a few thousand because the likes of Bristol will bring 1500 but it won't be long until it sinks to below a thousand I'm sure !

Possibly will be - the novelty factor initially!

Its a disgrace we will also be playing half our games on a Sunday! The club is dead under this regime.

cloughie

3000 of us will. real supporters

what a twat you are 'real supporter'

you haven't got a clue about other supporters but think your some super special supporter

:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

Otis

what a twat you are 'real supporter'

you haven't got a clue about other supporters but think your some super special supporter

:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

One thing that does concern me.

I turn in to CWR first game of the season and hear the City fans chanting ' Loyal supporters, loyal supporters.'

Hope this isn't the case but I do think it might happen. This whole saga and stance has absolutely nothing to do with fans who travel to Northampton being 'loyal supporters.'

Stay away fans are only doing what they can to bring the team home as quickly as possible.

Hugh Jarse

It's a no from me.

I live the other side of Bedford, so Sixfields is nearer to me then The Ricoh but out of principle, I'm saying a big NO

sky blue john

I would think a figure of 3000 so called loyal / real supporters is a bit ambitious but we will see!

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Attending won't make you more of a fan than those staying away, and vice versa. Using it to try and score points in such a way will make you more of a dickhead though.

Ashdown1

One thing that does concern me.

I turn in to CWR first game of the season and hear the City fans chanting ' Loyal supporters, loyal supporters.'

Hope this isn't the case but I do think it might happen. This whole saga and stance has absolutely nothing to do with fans who travel to Northampton being 'loyal supporters.'

Stay away fans are only doing what they can to bring the team home as quickly as possible.

Totally agree Otis, thing is Sir, I won't even tune in on the radio, I will consider us having been destroyed and made extinct. They will not be representing Coventry City, they will purely be playing for their current contracts.

sky blue john

i would expect our away support will be up by about 50% if not more.
It would be good and send a real message if our away following could be bigger than our home for the season !!!

procdoc

out of everyone who voted on here 21 people will go. You can all get a mini-bus together, make it a jolly boys' outing every other Friday or Sunday :D

Dhinsa's_Millions

Seriously do we think we can attract any decent players to this current sham of a club?! Who's going to want to play at Shitfields all season in front of 1,500 max after the initial novelty has wore off. AND on a Sunday!

Wouldn't be surprised if Baker, Murphy and Clarke all went and we played kids all season! The only way is down!! Bleak but realistic.

SkyBlueM

I'm a no, after 38 years of watching the boys even when I lived in places like Southampton and Cardiff I just feel I cannot go. I am not even slightly enthused about the start of a new season either - the current owners have bled all interest out of me. One thing I will be interested in for those who do decide to go if we have a poor season which with the squad we have available at present looks a distinct possibility will they be able to muster up the will to travel if we are struggling in the lower reaches of the league. Also due to FFP I cannot see how we can avoid at least one relegation in the three years (or more) we will be renting in Northampton.

Sky Blue Pete

We have been accused of being militant on here, are we? I tend to think we are informed-ish and opinionated. 8% of 10000 is 800 home fans. Unlike the professor I can see that being about right

dadgad

Never will I or any of my friends or family watch CCFC "home" games in Northampton.
This is a disgraceful scandal and an insult to the traditions of the club and City.
We think that the FL are also culpable.

Users who are viewing this thread