Will we sign anymore ? (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Having just got Leon Clarke and re-signed Moussa, Adams and Bailey do you think there will be one or two more coming through the door, we know from previous seasons especially this time last season that we talk the talk, well Waggott does but don't deliver, there must be a little bit of loot about having just had a full house at WHL, on TV Thursday, be nice if just a little bit of that was put into the team.Might be the difference between languishing mid-table or a top six spot.

Marty

I would hope so. I think we need at least another forward & a centre back, Wood & Edge don't fill me with confidence.

ashbyjan

If ROD and Cody are going out then we will need another striker as an injury to Clarke would leave us with only Elliott, need some back up. Also like to see Blair Adams brought back.

wingy

Only after we shed a few IMO.If the two strikers go out I can see 1 more added there ,More cover required @ LB,then CT+DB back should have every where covered + hopefully one or two to break through from the youth.

A new Centre-Back and a 2nd if Malaga leaves. We need depth in that position. I would also like to see Keanu Marsh Brown come in to fill the gap on the right wing. Baker isnt fast enough and isnt agile enough. He's better suited to the centre. KMB had the pace and agility needed and he would be a cheap and fine addition to our squad. Another striker wouldnt go a miss either. Mac and ROD are going so get Jake Cassidy or Gary Madine in to bolster the attack. Now that Goldie's gone we need a prolific 25 goal per season striker and i cant see Clarke or Elliott scoring that many goals. They're good but not great

WillieStanley

A new Centre-Back and a 2nd if Malaga leaves. We need depth in that position. I would also like to see Keanu Marsh Brown come in to fill the gap on the right wing. Baker isnt fast enough and isnt agile enough. He's better suited to the centre. KMB had the pace and agility needed and he would be a cheap and fine addition to our squad. Another striker wouldnt go a miss either. Mac and ROD are going so get Jake Cassidy or Gary Madine in to bolster the attack. Now that Goldie's gone we need a prolific 25 goal per season striker and i cant see Clarke or Elliott scoring that many goals. They're good but not great

Clarke was on track with DMG at Scunny before his loan ended. He should come good!! Different type of player so maybe we need to change our game slightly, I've yet to see him play in Sky Blue but I'm looking forward to Thursday!!

Mucca Mad Boys

Why would we need a replacement for someone who doesn't make the bench!? We're trying to get rid of him for a reason!!

Why would Madine come to back to CCFC!? :facepalm:

Who is KMB and are we actually linked to him?

I think Doyle would be a good signing, a new CB to either start or push Wood + Edj, resign Adams, try get a striker, like Baxter. He's available on a free by the end of the month!

That's all we need for now.

covcity4life

IF we get adams i will be happy with the squad although i would like a new RB as christie/clarke have too many off games

i gotta feeling robins has a few signings in mind perhaps and thats why hes getting rid of cody,rod,brown right now

J

Jack Griffin

IF we get adams i will be happy with the squad although i would like a new RB as christie/clarke have too many off games

i gotta feeling robins has a few signings in mind perhaps and thats why hes getting rid of cody,rod,brown right now

Yeah, someone has to go to bring in another, mind you Reece Brown has gone back to Man Utd, so there may be some scope there.

Robins has already publicly stated that he would like to see some new faces in but it is dependent on whether we get some existing players out on loan, e.g. MacDonald, ROD, etc

My guess is at least an additional striker. Can anyone confirm that Adams loan deal has in fact been extended.............we need him Thursday.

Assuming ROD, Malage and Cody out we need;

1 striker : Earnshaw
1 left back: re-sign Adams
1 Centre Back: Not sure who is available

psgm1

Banned
Cov don't need anymore players, because as Robins said when he came here that he went through the current squad and every name said quality to him. So much so that he felt the need to bring in 4 players on loan in his first week.

And cov aren't going to miss DM that much because the manager is letting out on loan the prolific Cody (2 league goals) and ROD (0). After all we still have all the quality strikers Robins saw when he assessed the team.

These are the "outstanding" strikers Robins saw (league goals only - as ultimately these are the ones that matter for promotion / playoff / relegation)

Sheffers (1)
Elliott (3) - 2 in 1 game
Ball (0)
Jeffers (0)
Wilson (0)
Daniels (0)

Leon Clarke last scored 20 nov - (goals dried up?)

There may well be goals in the rest of the team, but considering so far the rest of the city strikers STILL haven't scored as many goals as DM has on his own they will have to !

Cov have some crucial games coming up. They cannot afford a lot of time for Clarke to refind his shooting boots. Preston are going to up for thurs as much if not more than cov, as they too have a far better away form as do cov (and its a home game). Add to that cov have only won a league game twice all season when DM hasn't scored, the omens aren't good for city.

I hope cov can defy the odds, as I hate to think how deflated everyone will be if they get knocked out of the tin pot cup.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Cov don't need anymore players, because as Robins said when he came here that he went through the current squad and every name said quality to him. So much so that he felt the need to bring in 4 players on loan in his first week.

And cov aren't going to miss DM that much because the manager is letting out on loan the prolific Cody (2 league goals) and ROD (0). After all we still have all the quality strikers Robins saw when he assessed the team.

These are the "outstanding" strikers Robins saw (league goals only - as ultimately these are the ones that matter for promotion / playoff / relegation)

Sheffers (1)
Ball (0)
Jeffers (0)
Wilson (0)
Daniels (0)

There may well be goals in the rest of the team, but considering so far the rest of the city strikers STILL haven't scored as many goals as DM has on his own they will have to !

Cov have some crucial games coming up. They cannot afford a lot of time for Clarke to refind his shooting boots. Preston are going to up for thurs as much if not more than cov, as they too have a far better away form as do cov (and its a home game). Add to that cov have only won a league game twice all season when DM hasn't scored, the omens aren't good for city.

I hope cov can defy the odds, as I hate to think how deflated everyone will be if they get knocked out of the tin pot cup.

You know you say Leon Clarke hasn't scored since 20th November, his last game for Scunthorpe was the very next game on 24th November. He didn't play from 24th November till his debut for us against Shrewsbury

Now bore off you wum :sleep:

Grendel

You know you say Leon Clarke hasn't scored since 20th November, his last game for Sc-unithorpe was the very next game on 24th November. He didn't play from 24th November till his debut for us against Shrewsbury

Now bore off you wum :sleep:

Facts have never been the poor chaps strong points.

georgehudson

is this a sisu stylee thread, in which case the answer is straightforward,
we will only sign a player / players, if it will benefit them financially,
we haven't heard from F & W for a while now,
considering the potential i would have thought we might have some spin,
ah well it's nearly thursday,

CCFC_Charlie

Sheffers (1)
Ball (0)
Jeffers (0)
Wilson (0)
Daniels (0)

wow 237 posts as a failed WUM, how dull for you

skybluegod

your players require a fee so their not going to come.

mark82

your players require a fee so their not going to come.

We can and have paid fees this season. Whether we will or not is a different matter. Robins does seem to like using the loan market so personally I expect a couple of loans (if we are allowed any more).

shmmeee

We can and have paid fees this season. Whether we will or not is a different matter. Robins does seem to like using the loan market so personally I expect a couple of loans (if we are allowed any more).

In the first team squad, we've only got Adams and Bailey as loans and its looking like Adams might become permanent.

Aren't you allowed three on the pitch and five in the squad or something?

I'd like to see a Nimley style player that gets fans on the edge of their seats. We can be a bit pedestrian. Going forward at times.

covcity4life

even vs shrewsbury it was alot of sideways passing we got to the box though..alot of the 21 shots were long rangers

still lets not forget some of the goals we have scored this season

i would love nimely back on loan, he would be ace in this division imo

Users who are viewing this thread