Will we reach the playoffs? Yes or no. (Poll) (1 Viewer)

Can we make the playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr T - Sukka!

No.

We are CCFC.
We dont do top 6 finishes.
Simple as that.

To get into the playoffs you need to win back to back games. Our longest winning streak is 2 games.

City needs to win 5 games back to back to get into playoffs.
Not happned since Dion Dublin/Noel Whealan were at the club. 97/98.

Not happening guys.

Astute

thread is about ccfc promotion challenge, stop trying to turn it into a pro council one please.

Why not have a word with someone making false claims that we were forced out of the Ricoh? There would be no need to come out with the truth and you won't have to accuse anyone of pro council posts then.

Grendel

Please go and see a doctor... I'm seriously worried you may have dementia or worse Alzheimers.

The football league have provided extra ordinary assistance to the club - they clearly view the club as a victim in the dispute. This shows in a number of actions they have taken;

Allowing the ground move to 35 mile radius for an extended period
A very low points deduction for exiting the CVA involuntarily
Allowing signings under an embargo
Early exit of the embargo

All those decisions demonstrate sympathy to the clubs plight and does not demonstrate a view that they willingly moved - does it?

Hugh Jarse

More importantly, do we want to?

Are we good enough to sustain a Championship place for the forseeable future? I'm not sure so I'm quite happy at the moment to be where we are and winning every now and again.

Astute

The football league have provided extra ordinary assistance to the club - they clearly view the club as a victim in the dispute. This shows in a number of actions they have taken;

All those decisions demonstrate sympathy to the clubs plight and does not demonstrate a view that they willingly moved - does it?

More like the FL don't want to be tied down with court action by SISU if they don't get their way. So they bent the rules a few times for SISU.

covcity4life

More importantly, do we want to?

Are we good enough to sustain a Championship place for the forseeable future? I'm not sure so I'm quite happy at the moment to be where we are and winning every now and again.

always the absolute dumbest shit i read on fan forums

That's bull shit, it does not demonstrate anything of the sort. What it demonstrates is that the FL are incompetent and were afraid to stand up to SISU.

Grendel

Possibly the stupidest comment I've seen on here yet!

They will almost certainly offer dispensation. Foolish to ignore and disturbing to imply you don't want it to happen.

Grendel

We will be offered dispensation through sisu gaurenteed investment and as usual its you that will look stupid.

You keep spouting off. I asked where your evidence was and you just kept on spouting off your fatuous opinion.

Your opinion is worth no more than mine or anyone else on this forum. So again where is your evidence?

Grendel

Doesn't give Evidence remember.

That's for you to find out , It's below him..

Evidence is in the action taken. A club is not allowed to move out if the town unless their are exceptional circumstances. The subsequent support given by the league continues to illustrate their support and sympathy with the club as we will also see when FFP rules apply.

letsallsingtogether

Hope your right for your sake as for all your ranting will have come to nothing.

But it is still only your perception not really evidence is it?

After all they just wanted us to fulfill our fixtures did they get both sides of the story I wonder?

Evidence is in the action taken. A club is not allowed to move out if the town unless their are exceptional circumstances. The subsequent support given by the league continues to illustrate their support and sympathy with the club as we will also see when FFP rules apply.

Grendel

Hope your right for your sake as for all your ranting will have come to nothing.

But it is still only your perception not really evidence is it?

After all they just wanted us to fulfill our fixtures did they get both sides of the story I wonder?

An interesting observation in your first paragraph. "I hope for your sake" - there is an implication there that its not for all our sakes.

As for evidence this can be corcumstamtial. Your statement about fulfilling fixtures would be satisfied merely by the move. However, fewer points deduction and assistance regarding transfers is nothing at all to do with fixture fulfilment is it?

As for hard concrete evidence sometimes that also can be conveniently excused and overlooked by some. Like, when a "supporter" invades the field of play. Lots of hard evidence there means nothing and squealing pathetic mitigation everything.

SkyBlue Giant

As much as I would like to say 'Yes' I have to go with 'No'...but if we less then 10 points adrift come the end of the season I'll be quite annoyed.

letsallsingtogether

So I stuck up for the supporter who ran on the pitch.
Do I know him yes he is an acquaintance of mine
Does he seem normal yes
Should he have ran on the pitch No
Doesn't mean that posters on here who clearly don't know him, should go out and stalk him looking him up on Facebook etc,trying to make out he is some sort of Chavie nazi because he comes from Tile Hill.

All he did was run on the pitch showed off his sisu out tee shirt and waved at the fans, If that makes him a Nazi or a murdering rapist then yes lock him up.

You have a very low opinion of people especially those from from certain areas of our City or who earn less then you. I was brought up in Radford so does that make me a Nazi too.

You really need to have a look at people around you you will find that 99% are actually good people.

An interesting observation in your first paragraph. "I hope for your sake" - there is an implication there that its not for all our sakes.

As for evidence this can be corcumstamtial. Your statement about fulfilling fixtures would be satisfied merely by the move. However, fewer points deduction and assistance regarding transfers is nothing at all to do with fixture fulfilment is it?

As for hard concrete evidence sometimes that also can be conveniently excused and overlooked by some. Like, when a "supporter" invades the field of play. Lots of hard evidence there means nothing and squealing pathetic mitigation everything.

letsallsingtogether

As for the play offs would like to say yes but then I say that every year and where has it got us so this time I am going to say No.

Noggin

you brought the grief on yourself, instead of saying the league are lenient because they believe we were forcefully evicted which is quite possibly true, you said the league are lenient because we were forcefully evicted which is of course outright false.

Why the league have been lenient I don't know, are they ignorant and ill informed only properly listening to one side?, are they corrupt? or are they scared because they have been threatened by solicitors? I'd love to give them the benefit of the doubt and just assume incompetence as generally you shouldn't attribute to malice something that can equally be attributed to stupidity (who said that?) the fact that acl have offered free rent through the football league seems to rule out simple incompetence from the football league.

Grendel

you brought the grief on yourself, instead of saying the league are lenient because they believe we were forcefully evicted which is quite possibly true, you said the league are lenient because we were forcefully evicted which is of course outright false.

Why the league have been lenient I don't know, are they ignorant and ill informed only properly listening to one side?, are they corrupt? or are they scared because they have been threatened by solicitors? I'd love to give them the benefit of the doubt and just assume incompetence as generally you shouldn't attribute to malice something that can equally be attributed to stupidity (who said that?) the fact that acl have offered free rent through the football league seems to rule out simple incompetence from the football league.

So to summarise - ACL and the Council are the good guys and to go against them and favour the club an organisation that has existed for 125 years has to be stupid, corrupt or ill informed. Why don't you with your famous neutrality inform them?

Noggin

So to summarise - ACL and the Council are the good guys and to go against them and favour the club an organisation that has existed for 125 years has to be stupid, corrupt or ill informed. Why don't you with your famous neutrality inform them?

No to summarize THERE WAS NO ENFORCED EVICTION!! NO ENFORCED EVICTION! if you think there was an enforced eviction you are an idiot, it really is as simple as that, acl have practically begged the club to stay, probably because it's what's best for themselves sure, but there absolutely, positively, 100%, can't really spell it out clearly enough was NO FUCKING ENFORCED EVICTION!!

so that leaves anyone who thinks there was to be stupid, corrupt or ignorant or multiple of the above.

letsallsingtogether

No one said they are good guys you just like putting words into other peoples mouths.
Just saying the main instigators are our owners' who have been here less time then our council and to be fair look like they have cut off our City altogether.

Yes 125 years and nothing is thought of it when they move us away after only 5 years in charge.

That is why we are so bitter towards our owners all the other things that have happened on all sides could have been forgiven but moving us away NEVER

No one said they are good guys you just like putting words into other peoples mouths.
Just saying the main instigators are our owners' who have been here less time then our council and to be fair look like they have cut off our City altogether.

Yes 125 years and nothing is thought of it when they move us away after only 5 years in charge.

That is why we are so bitter towards our owners all the other things that have happened on all sides could have been forgiven but moving us away NEVER

Letsallsingtogether...................................those charlatans will never own true sky blues. Only idiots like Grendauff and RFC

Last edited:

DaleM

I think playoffs is a little bit out of reach this season . Would be great if we went on a great run and made it but just can't see it.

Mr T - Sukka!

Today pretty much killed off any play off ambitions. Now played 29 games same as all top 6.

Still 11 points off. Not happening.

hill83

So I stuck up for the supporter who ran on the pitch.
Do I know him yes he is an acquaintance of mine
Does he seem normal yes
Should he have ran on the pitch No
Doesn't mean that posters on here who clearly don't know him, should go out and stalk him looking him up on Facebook etc,trying to make out he is some sort of Chavie nazi because he comes from Tile Hill.

All he did was run on the pitch showed off his sisu out tee shirt and waved at the fans, If that makes him a Nazi or a murdering rapist then yes lock him up.

You have a very low opinion of people especially those from from certain areas of our City or who earn less then you. I was brought up in Radford so does that make me a Nazi too.

You really need to have a look at people around you you will find that 99% are actually good people.

It was nothing to do with where he lives for fuck sake. I was brought up in Hillfields so wouldn't have a leg to stand on if I went down that route.
It was the picture of saluting ballbags titled 'Tile Hill Skinheads'. Nothing more, nothing less.
It could have said 'Kensington Skinheads' and it would have still got a mention.

Last edited:

jesus-wept

Depends how you look at it , losing 3-0 to a bottom three team isn't very inspiring but then again we won away last Tuesday, lost away yesterday and if we win the next game that would be an average of 2 points a game which is enough to get up to the top six imo. Not going to win them all.

Astute

I have changed my mind. Don't think we will make it. IMHO I think it will be all over before Wilson is back. And it don't look like we will be bringing in a striker before then. Moussa is the nearest we have to one but he is a goal scoring midfielder. That twat from Swansea could have cost us our chance of making it. Would we have got someone else if he would have turned us down?

bigfatronssba

Depends how you look at it , losing 3-0 to a bottom three team isn't very inspiring but then again we won away last Tuesday, lost away yesterday and if we win the next game that would be an average of 2 points a game which is enough to get up to the top six imo. Not going to win them all.

How is 40 points from 30 games 2 points a game?

Users who are viewing this thread