Will we reach the playoffs? Yes or no. (Poll) (1 Viewer)

Can we make the playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noggin

Some people think that you need 10 characters in a post or it won't send.

how did you get around it? I assumed you had used white text or something but it doesn't look like it, or does it not apply in certain browsers?

ccfcway

a message has to be at least 10 characters in length.

so if you go to the quick reply section and type no and press quick reply you will get an error message, so people add the words 10 char to a short message to hit the 10 character minimum.

ta .

mds

Of course we will, wtf`s up with you lot :)
Sky Blue glasses and and a positive attitude makes everything doable!

fernandopartridge

I must say I agree with Pressley's philosophy of taking each game as it comes. I don't know whether we'll make the play offs as I can't predict the future.

Grendel

But that would put them in an embargo. Gifting money stops it.

My point was they don't have to sell and you agree.

ccfcway

I must say I agree with Pressley's philosophy of taking each game as it comes. I don't know whether we'll make the play offs as I can't predict the future.

He has to say that, as he cant take some games, as they are called off due to the state of Sixfeilds :D

Noggin

maybe if you actually made your point for once instead of dressing it up in either a vague, cryptic or insulting short comment you'd have to post alot less often.

You are correct they won't have to sell, but he is correct in that the squad will likely be reduced in quality because of it. We all know we are going to lose players in the summer, we have multiple important players who seem to want to run down their contracts, that sucks and hopefully we'll be able to replace them by equally able people, something that is going to be much much harder if we are in a transfer embargo.

H

Huckerby

If we get promoted I will get a tattoo of Steven Pressley on my bum. Real talk

Warwickhunt

Doris Stokes said that we will make the playoffs

Astute

You don't have to sell, but they will know how much you have to spend in transfers and wages. Do you think they would ratify a move if you are already slightly over? And then what happens if you are short in a position like GK or striker? You couldn't even loan one.

Wasn't it Swindon that signed two players and they both went to a tribunal? They had to pay more than they planned.....and got put in an embargo :D

Grendel

You don't have to sell, but they will know how much you have to spend in transfers and wages. Do you think they would ratify a move if you are already slightly over? And then what happens if you are short in a position like GK or striker? You couldn't even loan one.

Wasn't it Swindon that signed two players and they both went to a tribunal? They had to pay more than they planned.....and got put in an embargo :D

I think you'll also find the league will take into account the revenue impact of the move due to the enforced eviction out of the city.

Noggin

I think you'll also find the league will take into account the revenue impact of the move due to the enforced eviction out of the city.

They probably will you are right because as we have seen the league are either clueless or corrupt, we all know there was no enforced eviction yet the league have acted like thats exactly what happened. Admittedly you have also acted like thats what happened, so it's not just the league who are stupid.

ollyservetta

difference between can we and will we ,yes we can ,we have the squad and the manager and the ability ,wether we will will be down to other results and our focus ,also wether we pick up bookings and injurys ,always be positive ,C,MON CITY ;;;;;;

Astute

You will find that the enforced eviction from Coventry by Timothy and Joy won't help us in the way you hope.

skyblueinBaku

Forced eviction? Are you having a laugh?

Grendel

Sky Blue Harry H

Next 7 games will decide it. I think we'll have to have caught Posh/Walsall by then to have a chance.

Colonel Mustard

No. The 10 point deduction is a killer.

Only sixth place is available - the others are out of reach. Historically teams have needed approximately 75 points to hit sixth; Coventry are on pace for 67 points.

The good news is that the sixth placed team, Walsall, are rather weak. They are on pace for 72 points. But for City to match that, they would need to average 1.94 points per game in the remaining fixtures. That is an ocean away from their current average of 1.67, and there is no stretch of 18 games this season where City have come close to that form. And now they would have to excel themselves without their leading goalscorer.

Still, it is a stronger bet for hope than believing Andy Thorn would keep City up.

Tonylinc

"Enforced eviction", By whom? I always thought that you were a bit of a pratt but now see you as a complete idiot.

SkyBlue_Bear83

No. The 10 point deduction is a killer.

Only sixth place is available - the others are out of reach. Historically teams have needed approximately 75 points to hit sixth; Coventry are on pace for 67 points.

The good news is that the sixth placed team, Walsall, are rather weak. They are on pace for 72 points. But for City to match that, they would need to average 1.94 points per game in the remaining fixtures. That is an ocean away from their current average of 1.67, and there is no stretch of 18 games this season where City have come close to that form. And now they would have to excel themselves without their leading goalscorer.

Still, it is a stronger bet for hope than believing Andy Thorn would keep City up.

We picked up 31 points from the first 16 fixtures which is 1.93 games per game which is nearly 18 games, then we had the freak result vs Tranmere and things slowed down.

I don't think we will do it myself but just offering up some hope that we could produce the form necessary

Colonel Mustard

We picked up 31 points from the first 16 fixtures which is 1.93 games per game which is nearly 18 games, then we had the freak result vs Tranmere and things slowed down.

I'm trying to be fair rather than selective. 18 games remain, so I'm looking at 18 game streaks to see if there is any suggestion CCFC could hit the required form.

It was a terrific start, but those two losses (to make it up to 18 games) take the average down to 1.72, which is closer to the team's 1.67 average. The best streak of 18 games (take out the opening game and add on the 19th game) still only comes to a 1.88 average. And this is all based on the idea that the sixth spot will be a few points lower than the historical norm.

I don't think we will do it myself but just offering up some hope that we could produce the form necessary

Sure. It is not inconceivable. Maybe the new signings will work out. I just wouldn't put my money on City, without their top goal scorer, going on an unprecedented and supreme run of form. The shame of it is that the team is producing results good enough for the playoffs, but the ten point deduction is like a pair of cement boots.

jesus-wept

18 games left we need to win 12 and are more than capable of that, had a bit of a wobble after xmas but if injuries are kind and the possibility of replacing Donnelly why not,

Sky Blue Pete

Unfortunately not and my fear is no murphy, baker, Christie, Moussa and god forbid Pressley, what hope next season

That is the football league view. That is why they said "exceptional circumstances" meant they waived their normal rules. That same exception will help the club for FFP rules.

Ok the almighty all knowing Grendel.

Please direct me and the rest of us dummies to where it is documented that the FL believe that CCFC were evicted from the RICOH and that is why they the FL had to act in such a pathetic way.

covcity4life

Ok the almighty all knowing Grendel.

Please direct me and the rest of us dummies to where it is documented that the FL believe that CCFC were evicted from the RICOH and that is why they the FL had to act in such a pathetic way.

thread is about ccfc promotion challenge, stop trying to turn it into a pro council one please.

Users who are viewing this thread