Will we reach the playoffs? Yes or no. (Poll) (1 Viewer)

Can we make the playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paxman II

Simple poll. A yes or a no will do. Can we do it?

Astute

Of course we can. As some of you know I like to have a flutter on good value big odds. I have had 2 bets of £20 at 22/1 on us getting promotion. We are 9 points behind Walsall, a game in hand and we also have to play them. We also have the easiest run in out of all clubs I have looked at.

And we have Wilson due back soon :D

RoboCCFC90

Yes we can #WeAlwaysBelieve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hill83

You know what? I reckon we will. Next few games against teams below us are key. And with Wilson to come back at the end of the month we could be flying.
Obviously if we lose the next game I'll have a totally different view.

Otis

You know what? I reckon we will. Next few games against teams below us are key. And with Wilson to come back at the end of the month we could be flying.
Obviously if we lose the next game I'll have a totally different view.

If you can give me 10p for every time we have said that these past 15 years I'd be a very, very rich man.

hill83

If you can give me 10p for every time we have said that these past 15 years I'd be a very, very rich man.

Ha, I know. I was going to add brackets with 'as always' after it, but left it.

I think we can do it, but right now, I don't think we will. Its not impossible, but on current form, I think Play-Offs are just out of reach, but not completely ruling it out

Otis

I think we can do it, but right now, I don't think we will. Its not impossible, but on current form, I think Play-Offs are just out of reach, but not completely ruling it out

Don't sit on the fence man, spit it out and say what you really mean!:D

The Gentleman

Unfortunately I don't think we will but to be honest, if we finish top half of the table then that in itself will be an achievement.

SkyBlueJord

I think it's heavily dependant on how we perform over the next 6/7 games all against lower opposition, 5 wins from these games and it's definitely possible!

tonyok

Of course, we only have to be the sixth best. Lots to play for and why give up when it is mathematically possible.

I will still not go to Sixfields for any play-off games..!

skybluelee

We'd need to average more than 2 points per game to make the play-offs. With all the will in the world that isn't going to happen.

covcity4life

gut feeling is no but i wont be voting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but can we do it?

134%20-%20daniel_bryan%20excess_text%20macro%20wwe%20wwe_world_heavyweight_championship%20yes.jpg

Gint11

We can do it of course but we wont. Just fall short this year but no reason why we cant next season if SP keeps building.

RoboCCFC90

So as it stands we are 10th place in the league factoring in Callum Wilson's return, our upcoming fixtures, the new life we have in the squad, we must really make the most of this.

P'boro, Swindon, Port Vale and Walsall will also feel their chances are good of sneaking in, which means more importantly in doing well against the teams below us in the next 8 games, we really need to be beating Posh, Walsall, Vale and Swindon when we come up against them.

We also need to hope for a stroke of luck our way because the sides above us have some tough fixtures ahead.

Walsall - MK Dons (H), Posh (A), Crawley (H), Preston (A), Wolves (H)*
Posh - Orient (A), Walsall (H), Stevenage (A), Crawley (A), Sheffield United (A)
Swindon - Vale (A), Colchester (H), Orient (A), Crawley (H), Crewe (A)
Vale - Swindon (H), Colchester (H), Shrewsbury (A), Bradford (A), Crewe (H)
City's fixtures - Notts County (A), Bradford (A), Carlisle (A), Tranmere (A), Shrewsbury (A)

* I am hoping old boy Leon does us a favour, that would go a way to sweetening his move to Wolves as they have to play us and the four above us again.

covcity4life

So as it stands we are 10th place in the league factoring in Callum Wilson's return, our upcoming fixtures, the new life we have in the squad, we must really make the most of this.

P'boro, Swindon, Port Vale and Walsall will also feel their chances are good of sneaking in, which means more importantly in doing well against the teams below us in the next 8 games, we really need to be beating Posh, Walsall, Vale and Swindon when we come up against them.

We also need to hope for a stroke of luck our way because the sides above us have some tough fixtures ahead.

Walsall - MK Dons (H), Posh (A), Crawley (H), Preston (A), Wolves (H)*
Posh - Orient (A), Walsall (H), Stevenage (A), Crawley (A), Sheffield United (A)
Swindon - Vale (A), Colchester (H), Orient (A), Crawley (H), Crewe (A)
Vale - Swindon (H), Colchester (H), Shrewsbury (A), Bradford (A), Crewe (H)
City's fixtures - Notts County (A), Bradford (A), Carlisle (A), Tranmere (A), Shrewsbury (A)

* I am hoping old boy Leon does us a favour, that would go a way to sweetening his move to Wolves as they have to play us and the four above us again.

all means nothing if we dont win 4 out of next 5 really. but if we do.................oh my.

wes_cov

To be fair normally we don't have many games with teams below us....:whistle:

Still a very long shot though

italiahorse

We can do it of course but we wont. Just fall short this year but no reason why we cant next season if SP keeps building.

Next season could be a problem with fair play rules switching in.
Unless Sisu give the club money and not loan us the money, the squad will need to be reduced in numbers and quality.

Grendel

Next season could be a problem with fair play rules switching in.
Unless Sisu give the club money and not loan us the money, the squad will need to be reduced in numbers and quality.

No it won't - stop peddling that myth.

Sky Blue Dal

Trying to be positive and for one's I have confidence in them... I voted yes they can.

True the next six matches are vital and we need to win at least 4 out of the 6 games for any chance of us getting into the payoffs.

Is it possible? Can't see why not!!!

Last edited:
L

limoncello

Without the 10 point deduction I think we would have had a good chance, with it I would have to say 'no'. That's not a criticism of ACL or the council by the way, it's just my opinion regarding the numbers.

Astute

No it won't - stop peddling that myth.

I am sure that if they gift the club money it is counted as income. If they loan it then it isn't. The reason for this could be that it brings money into the game.

Will check the rules when I get home later if you are so confident :)

Astute

Oooops forgot the 10 character bit :D

Grendel

I am sure that if they gift the club money it is counted as income. If they loan it then it isn't. The reason for this could be that it brings money into the game.

Will check the rules when I get home later if you are so confident :)

I'm confident because the rules do not force clubs to sell players. If they signed players prior to June and kept the whole squad there is no pressure to sell anyone.

Noggin

I've seen this reference to 10 characters before, but can't get to grips with what it means - can someone enlighten me please?

a message has to be at least 10 characters in length.

so if you go to the quick reply section and type no and press quick reply you will get an error message, so people add the words 10 char to a short message to hit the 10 character minimum.

Astute

I've seen this reference to 10 characters before, but can't get to grips with what it means - can someone enlighten me please?

Some people think that you need 10 characters in a post or it won't send.

Astute

I'm confident because the rules do not force clubs to sell players. If they signed players prior to June and kept the whole squad there is no pressure to sell anyone.

But that would put them in an embargo. Gifting money stops it.

Users who are viewing this thread