Will TM be here next season? (1 Viewer)

Will TM be here next season?

• Yes

Votes: 46 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 50.5%

• Total voters

skybluetony176

Personally I just can't see SISU giving him the tools he will want to do the job with. I sincerely hope I'm wrong but I just can't see it.

cornoccfc

Doubt it, can't see him getting the assurances he wants.

ollyservetta

see how sunderland go and wether dick stays on .if they go down, and if, or or , dick goes think , tm will be on their radar

armybike

Nope, as he won't get the finances he'd want/need to move forward in the direction he'd want. Then SISU will sue him!

skybluetony176

My concerns are that there probably isn't a league one or maybe even championship club who wouldn't consider him if they're in the market for a manager so SISU need to offer him something that will stop his eyes being turned. I don't necessarily think that automatically means wages listening to him speak but I don't think being told that we're cash flow positive or there's an exciting new announcement about the new ground coming in the new year are going to cut it. TF and SW should have A) acknowledged the points TM has made about what isn't happening of the pitch and B) already started addressing these issues. Their silence is deafening and that worries me. Perhaps they've learnt from past mistakes and are doing things quietly without releasing sound bites that ultimately lead to disappoint and nothing actually happening.

J

Jack Griffin

I thought that was a fake/fan account rather than actually belonging to TM?

Dunno, looks real to me, why else would he retweet this
[video=youtube;adIHT9IERUc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adIHT9IERUc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

stupot07

He retweeted one of my tweets yesterday:

Skyblueweeman @skyblueweeman, May 3 Hey, @TonyMowbrayAS, great work in keeping us up. Get that contract signed fella and bring back the good times. Cheers! #coventrycity #pusb

It's a sign...he's coming back for more gents!

It's a fake account.

@KieranCrowley1: #CCFC fans, @TonyMowbrayAS isn't a genuine account. #PUSB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covey1987

According to the Midlands today guy I spoke to outside the ground Sunday Mowbray has a meeting with Sisu on Tuesday and if they match his ambitions for the club he will stay. He did say he came across pretty positive.
The Sisu matching his ambition bit means we are screwed!! He's off!
Hopefully they will at last realise the opportunity he offers.

torchomatic

Yes he will.

Paxman II

TM has been out of the game a while before he came to us. He recognised that fact by appealing for the job at Coventry because he knows it's a bigger club with so much potential simply sitting where it shouldn't be. To be offered work elsewhere in a very competitive market for unemployed managers he probably and rightfully thought he had to show he has not lost his ability.
Coventry are a perfect fit for his purposes and for ours. If all does go swimmingly well over the next few years he may even become a permanent fixture (as much as managers can be that is)

Talk of him living in the N East mean little to football managers. His children would be unaffected particularly if he sent them to private schools which is affordable for his status. He still has a home around here from his W.Brom days apparently. Again housing for a man of his status is not going to be a problem is it? These are mere logistical issues short term than anything else.

My biggest worry is when he achieves some success here with a promotion and a playoff place in he championship, whether there would then be clubs of interest such as Sunderland with bigger budgets. Would we be so bothered by that then though?

A lot depends what happens as the years roll on here. But one or two seasons here and some success may see our current owners leave finally. I still think a way back into the Ricoh is there for the taking rather than building a flat pack small stadium elsewhere. If SISU get a solid deal, long term at the Ricoh with some income stream share all year then TM taking Coventry City back to the promised land could well happen.

I said it on another post that SISU will commit suicide not to recognise what is before them now and back it. If I was Joy I'd be doing just that within reason, setting targets for TM in return for cooperation and sensible doable investment. Our budget is already one of the largest in league one so a bit more and we will have our opportunity to come back as a club. Certainly you would think it's achievable under the experienced TM than it ever was with the likes of the past few managers we have had the misfortune to have.

If she backs him with enough to rebuild then I would stick my neck out and say we will get promoted next season.

As for players in and out I'll leave that up to him but I would imagine half the current first team squad would be gone and the likes of Fleck warming the bench quite a lot.

PUSB

simonregis

Maybe because I'm older but I don't care if he stays or goes. I've seen some big named Charlies come to us as managers and players and failed. I respect anyone who comes to us but at the end of the day it's only their job and I don't wish for them to tell us they have sky blue blood. If he stays great if he goes then bring on the next one. As the old saying goes THE KING IS DEAD. LONG LIVE THE KING

J

Jack Griffin

Maybe because I'm older but I don't care if he stays or goes. I've seen some big named Charlies come to us as managers and players and failed. I respect anyone who comes to us but at the end of the day it's only their job and I don't wish for them to tell us they have sky blue blood. If he stays great if he goes then bring on the next one. As the old saying goes THE KING IS DEAD. LONG LIVE THE KING

On the other hand, there have been a lot of people talking up him staying and if he doesn't that will crucify season ticket sales, can SISU afford not to accept his conditions?

skybluericoh

Here's my opinion. He'll get some promises, and a contract will be agreed, we sell load of ST's, then he realises that the promises are not happening so doesn't sign and we end up with a new manager search, but SISU would have sold extra ST's. Usually we sell ST's and then any players with a market value, as we no longer have players to sell......

As much as I try I cannot trust the owners.

Sky Blue Harry H

Here's my opinion. He'll get some promises, and a contract will be agreed, we sell load of ST's, then he realises that the promises are not happening so doesn't sign and we end up with a new manager search, but SISU would have sold extra ST's. Usually we sell ST's and then any players with a market value, as we no longer have players to sell......

As much as I try I cannot trust the owners.

When TM has met with Joy Seppala tomorrow, he will know whether he is being given the chance to do what he wants, or not. His reaction, stay or go, will tel us of SISUs intentions. If he goes, I suspect it will be harder to persuade those players we want to stick around or attract those we are after. If he goes, we are going to have to get very very lucky with our next manager/signings and just hope that something clicks (happens once in a blue moon, let's hope it's a sky blue one!).

wingy

His appointment was extremely surprising to me
I just didn't and don't expect it to be long-term

I expected when they finally realized SP would very likely take us down a young up comer on a reasonably long deal
So I think as much as TM sees us as a fading giant, we are / were most likely to be stepping stones it was such a short term deal,suggesting a slight doubt of future intentions
My guess is a panic stricken board snapped his hand off

Tonylinc

As much as he seemed settled and happy to stay in his interview following the game on Sunday; I cannot see him staying after his meeting mid-week with the owners. They will not give him the assurances which he will want.

mark_ccfc

Hope I am wrong, but I think he won't get the re-assurances he needs and will go.
All parties realise though that this needs to be sorted very shortly so at least we will know sooner rather than later.

Gazolba

If she backs him with enough to rebuild then I would stick my neck out and say we will get promoted next season
There is no way we will get near the promotion places with our abysmal home form. And it's difficult to imagine our fantastic away form could be maintained for an entire season.

Astute

They do spring the odd surprise, but usually it's a surprise that's about as welcome as the one my cat leaves at my fucking back door.

I know that feeling. Went outside a couple of nights ago with nothing on my feet. Stepped on something as I stepped through the door. Looked at what it was. Looked like one of the cats had brought me a present of a field mouse
about-to-vomit.gif

covcity4life

he bloody well better be.

has the personality to lift this club from rock bottom.

a yes man just wont make the difference and fans will stop caring and watching even more.

shy_tall_knight

The club needs momentum, even SISU recognise that he knows better than Waggo, Fisher & JS on what is required for a reasonable promotion push - many fans are waiting for this before deciding on STs, I think he will be here and on his terms.

dadgad

If TM goes surely SISU should ask themselves, "why did we appoint him in the first place?"
TM is currently the only bloke who has a scooby about how football works and how to develop a club.
IF he goes it is yet again confirmation that Sisu have no interest in running a club just in running it down.

Ashdown

The question is are they bothered about progress ? They've been sold this line by many before Mowbray ? They may just be satisfied with the club operating within it's means with the usual sycophants in charge, especially if it doesn't upset the budget ?

duffer

On the basis that SISU seem happy to make promises that they won't necessary fulfil, I think it's likely that they'll tell TM what he wants to hear. On that basis he'll stay. The impact on season ticket sales if he goes will be a big driver for them here.

However, whether they'll action the commitments they make to TM is a very different matter. On that one I'll reserve judgement...

Users who are viewing this thread