Will there suddenly be more players injured as division 4 looms ? (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I just wondered what you all thought about a possible growing list of "injuries" to players as we approach the business end of the season .

Remember how the one and only Craig Bellamy cried off once we were relegated ? I do wonder who is really up for a scrap over the next few weeks.

Last edited:

mrtrench

I would imagine on their relationship with the manager. If they support him and buy into the cause they will not. If they are alienated they will not care so much and be thinking about next season with team x in Div 1.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

fleck is the only one contracted to be here next season isnt he? can imagine the fact most the team wont be forced to play in league 2 if we do go down is the safety blanket most of them need to put in a half assed effort

Nonleagueherewecome

Webster will probably be fit...

SkyBlue_Bear83

fleck is the only one contracted to be here next season isnt he? can imagine the fact most the team wont be forced to play in league 2 if we do go down is the safety blanket most of them need to put in a half assed effort

No I think about 9 are contracted for next season with several having an option for a second year

ccfcway

No I think about 9 are contracted for next season with several having an option for a second year

Players who are contracted to the club for 2015/16 - 11

Goalkeepers: Burge, Charles-Cook
Defenders: Haynes, Martin, Phillips
Midfielders: Thomas, Fleck, Finch, O'Brien, Swanson
Forwards: Maddison

Options for extra year on Willis and Johnson

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

The way the pitch is cutting up at the Ricoh, I'd be surprised if we don't have a few more. If we bring back Aaron Phillips too soon, he'll be out for weeks if not longer. I know it's a physical game, but when a club is making signings you would think (aside from the medical) that it would look at a player's previous injury records/attitudes (Reda), as we really can't afford to waste what little money we have on sick-notes. Hopefully lesson learned during next 'recruitment (ha ha) drive.

Ashdown

Players who are contracted to the club for 2015/16 - 11

Goalkeepers: Burge, Charles-Cook
Defenders: Haynes, Martin, Phillips
Midfielders: Thomas, Fleck, Finch, O'Brien, Swanson
Forwards: Maddison

Options for extra year on Willis and Johnson

Aah the guys who are on contracts apart from Fleck and O'Brien are the kids on peanuts ! How SISU !

The Gentleman

I would hope that it wouldn't make players do things like that. Pressley has said that he brings in the right sort of players so they would surely stick to the cause..........

rupert_bear

Injuries will definitely increase, all these loan and short term contact players are not going to put their necks on the line for the cause, most if not all will be off to pastures new next season, some may even know were they could be heading now. Steve Waggott has created this short term contract monster but never challenged. It can only lead to relegation.

ecky

I have reached the conclusion Sisu are not bothered which league we are in.
Funds available and their business mentality suggests they are already planning for next season in L2.

Ashdown

It's hard to disagree with that. I'm sure that the division we play in is still not central to their strategy as long as time progresses towards the court dates. As long as we are roughly breaking even and they will cut costs again to ensure this then I doubt they care which league we put out 11 men/boys in piss poor quality Sky Blue shirts. I imagine that they will comply with FL rules, spout FFP constraints, continue with the usual lies and spin about HR2 and hope there are a couple of decent youngsters to flog off along the way.

ecky

It's hard to disagree with that. I'm sure that the division we play in is still not central to their strategy as long as time progresses towards the court dates. As long as we are roughly breaking even and they will cut costs again to ensure this then I doubt they care which league we put out 11 men/boys in piss poor quality Sky Blue shirts. I imagine that they will comply with FL rules, spout FFP constraints, continue with the usual lies and spin about HR2 and hope there are a couple of decent youngsters to flog off along the way.

Exactly...

ccfcway

sadly i completely agree. The on field battle means nothing to them whatsoever

Users who are viewing this thread