Will SISU gamble? (1 Viewer)

What will SISU do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ccfc1234

Something tells me Joy may have finally realized the commercial opportunity she has in her hands with CCFC this season. We have our best manager in a decade. We are near the top and have a very strong squad, much brought in by the craft of our management team. If we stay near the top 2 we will be bringing in 15-17k crowds = ££££If we promote we could be playing home games v Derby, Villa, Birmingham, Wolves, Notts Forest and Leeds all games for which we wold get at least 19-25k and a sell out for the Villa game = ££££.

Next season could be amazing for SISU but they need to gamble some money now to give the above a chance of happening.

Willthey?

Last edited:

stupot07

No, they will use any surplus that is in the budget, but they won't throw in extra and gamble on promotion. They will hope that Mowbray can keep using his budget wisely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

RFC

Something tells me Joy may have finally realized the commercial opportunity she has in her hands with CCFC this season. We have our best manager in a decade. We are near the top and have a very strong squad, much brought in by the craft of our management team. If we stay near the top 2 we will be bringing in 15-17k crowds = ££££If we promote we could be playing home games v Derby, Villa, Birmingham, Wolves, Notts Forest and Leeds all games for which we wold get at least 19-25k and a sell out for the Villa game = ££££.

Next season could be amazing for SISU but they need to gamble some money now to give the above a chance of happening.

Willthey?

Investment! "Or do you mean throwing money at the wall and hoping some of it sticks"?

Gteat if it pays off and works but what happens if we don't achieve the promotion goal?

Our club has gambled on far too many occasions in the past, which is why we find ourselves where we are today, make no mistake.

Sensible expenditure and use of the loan-market is the only way forward for any teams in Division One!!!!!

dongonzalos

Investment! "Or do you mean throwing money at the wall and hoping some of it sticks"?

Gteat if it pays off and works but what happens if we don't achieve the promotion goal?

Our club has gambled on far too many occasions in the past, which is why we find ourselves where we are today, make no mistake.

Sensible expenditure and use of the loan-market is the only way forward for any teams in Division One!!!!!

And when you go above division one, what next???

letsallsingtogether

So just except that we are not a club that has any potential, and are happy to stay where they are.

Great advert for trying to get new supporters in.
come and join the Sky Blue Revolution?
As for the we gambled shit what club hasn't?

Did Joy build her business up by doing the smart thing all the time or does she sometimes take a gamble?

Well in her business it is all about the gamble so she should be good at it.

oakey

If they don't want to invest they shouldn't own a football club. Nobody is under any illusions about what is needed to generate a return on their investment and it isn't going to happen unless they invest... Or they could carry on using the club to dump and offset debt in their portfolio. I expect the latter.

Covstu

They have put together the best team we have seen for a decade albeit loan players. Not sure why we are questioning investment at this stage....

Otis

Maybe because TM is saying, as well as loans, we also need to bring in players that are our own and not loans.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

They have put together the best team we have seen for a decade albeit loan players. Not sure why we are questioning investment at this stage....
They haven't done anything TM has, so they were lucky to get him in that is all.
PUSB

Otis

They haven't done anything TM has, so they were lucky to get him in that is all.
PUSB
Guess we will never know, but would they have backed any other manager in the same way they have backed Mowbray?

I think they realise they have a gem here and totally trust him to bring success.

Paxman II

It's all relevance isn't it?
We are in with a great shout at promotion so of course they will look at investment where the need arises. At this level such investment need not be a lot to get you what you want. By all accounts TM has already been shrewd with his budget and that will help in the overall picture at how much SISU trust in his ability and how much 'extra' they wil give him to bring about the very real chance of promotion or a even a cash boosting playoff final.

So yes SISU will give to an extent. It's football and at some point you have to start beleiving you may achieve something that reaps rewards.

Sick Boy

If they don't want to invest they shouldn't own a football club. Nobody is under any illusions about what is needed to generate a return on their investment and it isn't going to happen unless they invest... Or they could carry on using the club to dump and offset debt in their portfolio. I expect the latter.

So you expect them to pump money into the club and then leave quietly when it has all gone for the next person to do so?

How many owners gift money to the club? Should we load it as debt against the club?

Sick Boy

So Mowbray is paying the player's salaries is he? Is he managing the club for free too? I suppose he was instrumental in lowering our ridiculous rent too.

Tool.

You'll be getting his infamous victim lines now.

Sky Blue Kid

So Mowbray is paying the player's salaries is he? Is he managing the club for free too? I suppose he was instrumental in lowering our ridiculous rent too.

Tool.

It totally depends on the loan agreement between the clubs concerned. In case of talented young footballers mostly the parent club loan them out to other clubs for valuable first team experience with their wages entirely paid by them(the parent club)...........
So you think SISU are paying all loanees wages then?...

Sick Boy

It totally depends on the loan agreement between the clubs concerned. In case of talented young footballers mostly the parent club loan them out to other clubs for valuable first team experience with their wages entirely paid by them(the parent club)...........
So you think SISU are paying all loanees wages then?...

No one has said that, much in the same way you have zero knowledge of the situation as well.

stupot07

Of course they won't be paying 100% of the loanees wages, but even 15-20% would be more than most players in league one get paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

oakey

So you expect them to pump money into the club and then leave quietly when it has all gone for the next person to do so?

How many owners gift money to the club? Should we load it as debt against the club?
No, I made it clear I don't expect them to. It begs the question why buy a football club? There are plenty of other things a hedge fund can buy.

Sick Boy

No, I made it clear I don't expect them to. It begs the question why buy a football club? There are plenty of other things a hedge fund can buy.

Exactly.

The people's demi-God, Ray Ranson talked them into it. Bizarrely he is still seen as a hero by a fair few.

Sky Blue Kid

No one has said that, much in the same way you have zero knowledge of the situation as well.

So my comments are worthless, but yours are far superior. Whilst being far from a "Grenduffy fact" what I've stated has a damn good chance of being true.

Buster

Tool.
No,Tony is not paying the wages , we are ! 17000 of us last week.

letsallsingtogether

Tool.

Ha Ha you call me a tool get your facts right first
Not very clever are you

torchomatic

Sick Boy

So my comments are worthless, but yours are far superior. Whilst being far from a "Grenduffy fact" what I've stated has a damn good chance of being true.

Where have I said your comments are worthless? None of us have concentrate evidence to prove either pov.

Specs WT-R75

If I was SISU I'd advance TM funds from next years budget to buy a couple of championship standard players (stealing players from Bolton might be an option for eg) as assets with potential sell-on value for the club so that it isn't just wasted money on loanee wages.

The reality is, if we don't get promoted this year then we are going to lose Maddison at the end of the year so that would allow us to balance the books in the event we don't get promoted, and the new signings in theory would still stand us in good stead for next year.

So in closing, no net additional spend in the long run, but reallocation of future funding to give us a real shot of automatic this year.

stupot07

So you think Coventry are going to pay £5k pw wages for a youth loanee then?:facepalm:

They're probably paying around £2k pw. The average wage in league one is £1.4k pw. Most PL youngsters get on £10k+ pw when they sign in pro terms,

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

They're probably paying around £2k pw. The average wage in league one is £1.4k pw. Most PL youngsters get on £10k+ pw when they sign in pro terms,

Where do you get your facts from?

Users who are viewing this thread