Will Pressley be next?! (1 Viewer)

skybluepm2

Given a fairly sour few days for the club, assuming that Clarke and Moussa (possibly others) are sold and replacements of an equivalent ability are not brought in, surely it will only be a matter of time before SP has enough and is offered the chance to manage at a higher level, or at least a better opportunity than the life support machine that is CCFC. Where on earth would we be then? The annual post Christmas decline is on us I believe :(

SlowerThanPlatt

Don't think Clarke will be leaving for any less than £1m so that would be enough for Pressley to get a good forward in. Let's hope he sees most of the money!

skybluepm2

It's left such a bad taste in my mouth Platty! After everything the team have achieved and gone through over the past few months, I can just see it all unravelling in a matter of days. I hope I'm wrong but only time will tell I guess.

In all reality any decent striker would jump at the chance of playing for us at the moment with the amount of chances we create. I for one am not concerned if Leon fooks orf as I trust Pressley's judgement even with only half the transfer fee, to get in a player with twice the ability and half the ego of Leon.

ecky

elvis is no quitter! you only have to talk to the guy and to look in his steely scottish eyes..he is on a mission and the jobs no way near being finished.

Ashdown1

The first brick has been dislodged in a nice solid unit, take out a couple more and the whole lot will come tumbling around their ears !

bringbackrattles

It's left such a bad taste in my mouth Platty! After everything the team have achieved and gone through over the past few months, I can just see it all unravelling in a matter of days. I hope I'm wrong but only time will tell I guess.
This month could make or break our season.For better or worse ?

ohitsaidwalker king power

Urban myth suggest's these things come in 3's.... 1-Monday; Clarke wants away, 2-Tuesday' Lucas time to move on, 3-Wednesday's child is full of woe....Pressley announces its time to go.... ?

Please god no... when will it all end?:(

skybluetom

Ultimately if a decent job offer does come in from say a reasonable Championship club he'd have to consider it surely but this kind of speculation is pointless, there hasn't been anything such as a hint of this.

RoboCCFC90

I agree with Ecky having spoken to Steven Pressley you get the feeling that he is very committed to Coventry City Football Club, he demands loyalty and a work ethic like none other, but not just from the players but from himself, Neil McFarlane and his staff.

I think Steven is in this for the long haul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

I agree with Ecky having spoken to Steven Pressley you get the feeling that he is very committed to Coventry City Football Club, he demands loyalty and a work ethic like none other, but not just from the players but from himself, Neil McFarlane and his staff.

I think Steven is in this for the long haul.

i hope you're right. someone will try and turn his eye surely? i don't know why but i keep getting this idea it will be the vile at the end of the season.

SkyBlueHomer

I would let anyone in this squad go before Pressley.

From what I have seen (not much live) he is doing the job as good if not better than anyone could.

RoboCCFC90

i hope you're right. someone will try and turn his eye surely? i don't know why but i keep getting this idea it will be the vile at the end of the season.

Perhaps although the Gaffer was quick to shoot down the rumours regarding the Millwall job so I have faith in him.

skybluetony176

Perhaps although the Gaffer was quick to shoot down the rumours regarding the Millwall job so I have faith in him.

true, but he keeps saying him and his family are settled in the midlands. he wouldn't have to up sticks to go to the vile.

i'm not deliberately trying to start rumours but its just a niggling feeling i keep getting and had the same one with Dion. Perhaps i'll double check with psychic sally next time she's in town.

mds

He has a point to prove, after pretty much failing here as a player he wants to prove himself as a manager. If his principles hold up he is here for the long haul, only way he goes is if we go under or a top club come in for him, wouldnt blame if he went!
Rose tinted glasses, wishfull thinking, who cares he`s more important to this club right now than anyone has been in the last 20yrs, lose him and the team loses everything they have worked so hard for!

GaryPendrysEyes

Of course he would go if the right offer comes in from the right club. He isnt a Saint, and the 'long haul' at CCFC looks like being years of choas and stress.
Pray Sisu go in the summer, a new owner brings us back to the Ricoh and Pressley stays...

H

Huckerby

Of course he would go if the right offer comes in from the right club. He isnt a Saint, and the 'long haul' at CCFC looks like being years of choas and stress.
Pray Sisu go in the summer, a new owner brings us back to the Ricoh and Pressley stays...
We can only hope... :(

Users who are viewing this thread