Will Bapaga (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

City cutting short his season long loan at Grimsby as he is basically no longer been picked - Was getting rave reviews earlier in the season when Grimsby were flying and top of the league - Not sure what has happened - talented player -

pusbccfc

People look too much into loans. These are going kids moving to a new town or city. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

He'll be useful as an option from the bench if needed.

junglej13

People look too much into loans. These are going kids moving to a new town or city. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

He'll be useful as an option from the bench if needed.
Amazing how many very good players have very underwhelming loan spells early in their career.

Gibbo

Perhaps Grimsby have done us a favour and found him out in a way U23 games don't.

larry_david

Eccles was in and out of Gillingham and re recalled him and now he's considered our future CM mainstay. I guess it's a combo of everything, like @SBchimp was saying about Jack Burroughs, it's not just the playing side, it's the living away from home, cooking, cleaning, living on your own that all adds to the maturity of the player.

Will was ripping it up for sure, then he got that weird needless sending off where the oppo throw the ball at his head. Since then he's hardly featured. Will he have learnt form the loan, oh yes. Will it improve him, yes. Is he now good enough for us, i'd imagine not but there are two options as far as I can see. Get him back and loan him out again ASAP or get him in the u23s under our eyes, and loan out Tavares now instead, leaving he u23s still with a potent attacker and allowing our player further development elsewhere.

Grendel

Eccles was in and out of Gillingham and re recalled him and now he's considered our future CM mainstay. I guess it's a combo of everything, like @SBchimp was saying about Jack Burroughs, it's not just the playing side, it's the living away from home, cooking, cleaning, living on your own that all adds to the maturity of the player.

Will was ripping it up for sure, then he got that weird needless sending off where the oppo throw the ball at his head. Since then he's hardly featured. Will he have learnt form the loan, oh yes. Will it improve him, yes. Is he now good enough for us, i'd imagine not but there are two options as far as I can see. Get him back and loan him out again ASAP or get him in the u23s under our eyes, and loan out Tavares now instead, leaving he u23s still with a potent attacker and allowing our player further development elsewhere.

where would you loan Tavares to? He was signed from a club in league one. He’s nowhere near good enough - a very odd signing in retrospect as was Cashman

Sbarcher

Amazing how many very good players have very underwhelming loan spells early in their career.
Watched Rio Ferdinand on loan at Bournemouth early days. Always had mistakes in him but I guess at that time iron them out in the lower leagues.

jackdg

Are we really writing off the Cov careers of a 19, 20, and 21 year old based on solitary loan spells and U23 performances?

Would we still be writing them off if, in 2 years time, we find ourselves in League One (hopefully not of course) and have three players 21-23 with probably 150 league appearances between them at L1/L2/SPL?

There are very plausible scenarios where any of these lads can progress to the first team and would be cheap punts at that.

Grendel

Are we really writing off the Cov careers of a 19, 20, and 21 year old based on solitary loan spells and U23 performances?

Would we still be writing them off if, in 2 years time, we find ourselves in League One (hopefully not of course) and have three players 21-23 with probably 150 league appearances between them at L1/L2/SPL?

There are very plausible scenarios where any of these lads can progress to the first team and would be cheap punts at that.

The main plausible scenario being relegation?

larry_david

Just reading grimsby fan replies to bapaga being really. Vast majority are disappointed he didn't feature more, blame the managers direct aerial approach.

He's had 5 months in the physical nation league. I hope league 2 is his destination now

Terry Gibson's perm

Just reading grimsby fan replies to bapaga being really. Vast majority are disappointed he didn't feature more, blame the managers direct aerial approach.

He's had 5 months in the physical nation league. I hope league 2 is his destination now

I read one where they said that the dressing room has problems.

Grendel

Many of our expert fans rate players like Biamou. The fact is they are improving results wise

Grendel

Who are improving?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s started 8 games - they lost the last 4 he played in and was sent off in one they won

Grendel

We're talking about Bapaga not Biamou. Are you ever going to forget Biamou?

Its an example - how about Chris “he could be our very own Gareth Bale” Hussey, Ryan “will play for England one day” Haynes or Gael “we will get £35 million” Bigiaramana

All above are the same category as Biamou - worthless crap who fans grossly overrated

Hertsccfc

Its an example - how about Chris “he could be our very own Gareth Bale” Hussey, Ryan “will play for England one day” Haynes or Gael “we will get £35 million” Bigiaramana

All above are the same category as Biamou - worthless crap who fans grossly overrated
I am still confused. We're talking about Bapaga not Biamou. This is weird.

Are you saying you think Bapaga is as poor as you think Bismou is? How often per day do you think about Biamou?

Grendel

I am still confused. We're talking about Bapaga not Biamou. This is weird.

Are you saying you think Bapaga is as poor as you think Bismou is? How often per day do you think about Biamou?

no it’s reference to someone on the thread saying Grimsby fans rated him - if NLHWC was a fans he’s already going to be worth £10 million - fans on forums are irrelevant- he’s been bombed out by a non league club

Hertsccfc

no it’s reference to someone on the thread saying Grimsby fans rated him - if NLHWC was a fans he’s already going to be worth £10 million - fans on forums are irrelevant- he’s been bombed out by a non league club
Of course fans on forums are irrelevant, including you and me, basically because we know very little. Nonetheless it is interesting and reassuring to some extent if a reasonable proportion of their fans were impressed with him. I'd prefer that to them all thinking he was rubbish. But obviously it's pretty inconclusive. I haven't seen much of Bapaga, although I did see him in a League Cup game on Ifollow during lockdown when he looked OK.

As for Biamou why are you still so interested by him?

Users who are viewing this thread