Wiley dropped from grime label for anti semitism (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

I've pinned 1 tweet, but if you open his timeline and continue scrolling it's an epic set of rants, very sad and strange from a man who is part of a 'marginalised' community to unload such nonsense and bile over the last 48 hours

clint van damme

Already been dropped.

He claims black people can't be racist

yeah, but it's a racist trope. Why can't people grasp you can criticise a wanker for being a wanker without aiming a lazy racist stereotype at them based on their religion or ethnicity?

edit - on the other side of that, there's a lot of whataboutery going on on social media, yeah but Katie Hopkins said this and Tommy Robinson said that. Doesn't matter, Wiley was being a racist prick, what they did doesn't excuse it.

Evo1883

yeah, but it's a racist trope. Why can't people grasp you can criticise a wanker for being a wanker without aiming a lazy racist stereotype at them based on their religion or ethnicity?

edit - on the other side of that, there's a lot of whataboutery going on on social media, yeah but Katie Hopkins said this and Tommy Robinson said that. Doesn't matter, Wiley was being a racist prick, what they did doesn't excuse it.

Back to what we discussed the other day, whataboutery... If you're a c**t you're a c**t...full stop.

Evo1883

There are a good few more, but I wanted to paste them here for people who hadn't looked... This is honestly, one of the most, probably thee most anti jewish rant by a "celebrity" I've ever seen on twitter tbh

Evo1883

:ROFLMAO:Jeremy corbyn has deleted a tweet saying thankyou to wiley for his support... Not a dig at Jeremy BTW, just found it an amusing tweet... Never knew there were bots for this sort of stuff lol

Evo1883

BTW, bbc news gave it 20 seconds... No panel to discuss rampant unopposed anti semitism, no indepth dissection of wileys bollocks he spouts... And here lies the problem with global media in general.

Scum

Macca

Looked up this bloke and found him shouting a load of seemingly unconnected and repeated words into a microphone to a monotone background noise. Seems a little unstable as well as a nasty racist

Nick

Administrator
The bloke is now giving interviews and saying stuff like this:

He added: “They still see us as slaves. Slavery hasn’t stopped it’s just dressed up in a million pound record deal and it’s dressed up in trainer deals, nice shoes and it’s dressed up as come over here ….

Evo1883

The bloke is now giving interviews and saying stuff like this:

If slavery is wrapped up in million pound record deals... Get me involved please

Although I do love that he managed to turn an antisemitic rancid rant into a I'm black so I'm oppressed piece ... Fucking boring c**t

clint van damme

His manager is Jewish. I think reading between the lines they've had a fall out and he's decided every Jewish person is to blame.

He's a fucking cretin. Someone close to him needs to get hold of him and sort him out for his own sake if nothing else.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

His manager is Jewish. I think reading between the lines they've had a fall out and he's decided every Jewish person is to blame.

He's a fucking cretin. Someone close to him needs to get hold of him and sort him out for his own sake if nothing else.

It would appear something along those lines but for someone who's entire career is based about words and lyrics he seems very very poor at choosing them.

The interview doesn't do him any favours at all and rather than row back he seems to still insinuate it's the fault of THE Jews not A Jew. He basically blames anyone Jewish he's worked with and then says there isn't a Jewish community he hasn't worked with. That to me therefore says it's the fault of ALL Jews.

Plus if he thinks slavery includes perks like million pound record deals I suggest he educate himself on what slavery actually is! I've no doubt that the industry is full of exploiters who take advantage of impressionable people, but it's across the spectrum - white, black, men, women, gay, straight It's whether you can be exploited that bother them.

He also goes on about how kids get these deals and when they're no longer popular don't have a house or anything but the producers etc do, then perhaps he needs to consider it's the artists' poor money management rather than the producers? If you spent a fortune on bling, flash cars clothes etc and spent the lot then that isn't the fault of the producers.

Maybe they should be given better guidance and help around those affairs if wealth is alien to them? Perhaps it's part of the 'image' and they feel they have to do it because no-one going to listen to a grime artist with an investment portfolio, ISA and country pad, driving a sensible, economic runabout dressed in M&S trousers cos they think they're comfortable?

But just because you've not ended up with a big house at the end of a lucrative deal is down to them and what they do with the money they're given.

Last edited:

shmmeee

It would appear something along those lines but for someone who's entire career is based about words and lyrics he seems very very poor at choosing them.

The interview doesn't do him any favours at all and rather than row back he seems to still insinuate it's the fault of THE Jews not A Jew. He basically blames anyone Jewish he's worked with and then says thereis a Jewish community he hasn't worked with. That to me therefore says it's the fault of ALL Jews.

Plus if he thinks slavery includes perks like million pound record deals I suggest he educate himself on what slavery actually is! I've no doubt that the industry is full of exploiters who take advantage of impressionable people, but it's across the spectrum - white, black, men, women, gay, straight It's whether you can be exploited that bother them.

He also goes on about how kids get these deals and when they're no longer popular don't have a house or anything but the producers etc do, then perhaps he needs to consider it's the artists' poor money management rather than the producers? If you spent a fortune on bling, flash cars clothes etc and spent the lot then that isn't the fault of the producers.

Maybe they should be given better guidance and help around those affairs if wealth is alien to them? Perhaps it's part of the 'image' and they feel they have to do it because no-one going to listen to a grime artist with an investment portfolio, ISA and country pad, driving a sensible, economic runabout dressed in M&S trousers cos they think they're comfortable?

But just because you've not ended up with a big house at the end of a lucrative deal is down to them and what they do with the money they're given.

With you on most of that, but artists ending up poor isn’t about bad money management. One I remember is the members of S Club got something ridiculous like less than £500k for the entire time despite being one of the biggest groups around for years.

The deals in music are shitty and exploitative.

That’s got fuck all to do with “da joos“ though.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

With you on most of that, but artists ending up poor isn’t about bad money management. One I remember is the members of S Club got something ridiculous like less than £500k for the entire time despite being one of the biggest groups around for years.

The deals in music are shitty and exploitative.

That’s got fuck all to do with “da joos“ though.

I'm not saying all people get good deals. Famous examples throughout history of bands getting shit deals, esp early one. Queen being on example.

Manufactured pop bands I would imagine it's rife for - basically paying them more like appearances fees so they have to have hectic schedules and performances or no pay. Obv no royalties from writing and impressionable youngsters looking to get into the industry are more likely to sign stuff with poor/no royalties for sales/merch in exchange for a flat fee and the exposure to feel like they've 'made it'.

No idea what things like grime/rap would be like but I can imagine it'd be similar - young adults seeing the £££ of a flat fee and use of big house and nice cars etc (not ownership I might add) rather than the potential drip feed of % (although that itself is risky based on success). Personally I'd go for a % heavy deal - one massive hit and you could have income for life.

Users who are viewing this thread