Wigan v Sheff Utd Millwall v Walsall (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

What we hoping for out of these two fixtures?

Not sure if I'd prefer draws or Wigan and Walsall to win.

covcity4life

this is saturdays games, tonight walsall have donny

also on sat burton vs bradford. another autos vs playoff chaser clash

we really need to win vs portvale to take advantage

hopefully these 3 games are all draws

gills vs swindon too, hopefully swindon can win that one

skybluelee

All that matters at the moment is we stop the rot and get back to winning ways. No interest in how anybody else is doing.

callumeast

I don't mean to sound so doom and gloom but TM is a serial bottler. After Xmas, more often than not, his team's fall off, and can't buy a win, and I have a sneaking suspicion that that's what's happening now.

Sky Blue Kid

this is saturdays games, tonight walsall have donny

also on sat burton vs bradford. another autos vs playoff chaser clash

we really need to win vs portvale to take advantage

hopefully these 3 games are all draws

gills vs swindon too, hopefully swindon can win that one

What happened to all your positivity then mate. Thought you'd gone a bit quiet of late :)

Skyblueweeman

I don't mean to sound so doom and gloom but TM is a serial bottler. After Xmas, more often than not, his team's fall off, and can't buy a win, and I have a sneaking suspicion that that's what's happening now.

Is that true? Genuine question.

Any stats to back it up or is it a hunch?

callumeast

No stats on me right now, but I can check. But he has a rep as a bottler. Spoke to a Boro fan I met yesterday and first thing he said was that he bets TM bottles it soon. He thought we were still in top 2 aswell. But wasn't he top at Xmas with WBA and top two at Boro and finished no where near that (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but I've just heard from many many people that he's a serial bottler.

callumeast

"Although he managed to turn around the club's poor away form, an indifferent run of results at home towards the end of the season meant that Albion finished fourth having been top at Christmas"

georgehudson

& of course Mr Andersen is quoted that the sale of JM will be to the benefit of the club in the future,
well, we'll wait & see on that one,
it appears that our owners are promoting a lack of permanency with only loan signings,
why an undisclosed fee, & how much has TM been given to work with ?

The Lurker

17 games left and we are more than equipt to win over half of them are the others ?

Have you not witnessed the past 4 games? Our spark has gone. Our defence is non existent we have won 2 in 11 games. More than equipt maybe but going on recent performances haven't got a chance

Otis

Have you not witnessed the past 4 games? Our spark has gone. Our defence is non existent we have won 2 in 11 games. More than equipt maybe but going on recent performances haven't got a chance
'Our defence is non-existent.'

We have just brought two defenders in.

Otis

Think we are going to be 8 points adrift of top 2 tonight.

Walsall 2 up at Doncaster.

It will be 8 points behind Walsall and 9 behind Burton, with both Burton and Walsall having a game in hand each. Bridge too far now? Would probably now require us to win 5 in a row to make any real dent on that.

Otis

Well surely he should be better equipped now. He should surely now have an understanding of what and where it went wrong.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Gazolba

Think we are going to be 8 points adrift of top 2 tonight.

Walsall 2 up at Doncaster.

It will be 8 points behind Walsall and 9 behind Burton, with both Burton and Walsall having a game in hand each. Bridge too far now? Would probably now require us to win 5 in a row to make any real dent on that.

And even that wont do it if they win 5 in a row too.

Otis

Yeah, I know. Even make a dent in it. 5 wins would be 15 points, but Burton would only need a couple of wins to still be ahead of us and with a game in hand still.

Otis

Would say now we would need to win 6 or 7 in a row and then we might be very close, or have caught up.

Otis

Would be 4 points behind with a game in hand.

Otis

Would need something absolutely outstanding now.

Otis

We will of course. Gap is widening though, so I think it does play on managers and players' minds. If you know you have a monumental task ahead that can be deflating.

You win 4 in a row and still find you're behind. Can knock the stuffing out of you and dent your confidence a little.

The Lurker

'Our defence is non-existent.'

We have just brought two defenders in.

So you think two 20 something centre halves who are still learning there trade will all of sudden make us the arsenal of earlier 90's? It's not just the defence, going forward. The flair and spark of our forwards is just not there anymore

Otis

So you think two 20 something centre halves who are still learning there trade will all of sudden make us the arsenal of earlier 90's? It's not just the defence, going forward. The flair and spark of our forwards is just not there anymore
Just saying that you say our defence is non-exsistent! Might be more accurate to say 'was.'

Time will tell if these two new lads make a big difference.

stupot07

Would say now we would need to win 6 or 7 in a row and then we might be very close, or have caught up.

We'll probably need c90-92 points for autos, that will mean us needing to win 13/14 of our remaining 17 league games. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

shy_tall_knight

The revolving door of loans hadn't served us well up to this year, Then TM with Venus got us murphy, AA, turner & Kent who on the whole performed excellently, there was another player who came and left on loan (Bryn Morris) but that didn't matter as we were winning and playing great football.

However the latest additions cole Ramage Bigi Hunt have been poor that alongside MAF on a short term deal hsve all been very poor. I'm not convinced that this is the most effective long term solution, if Madders cash is spunked on a load of has beens and never beens, like the wilson money seems to have been it will lead to the crowds we got last season.

Not sure how we are ever going to break whst seems to be a vicious circle but I'm surprised so many are positive about the Madders sale. Callum wilson was difficult to replace, there was Tudguy then Nouble, Josh Mc, Simeon Jackson, Shaun miller Madine, samuel, the big German.

All but Samuel were a failure, freebies, loan signings short term deals but no hard cash, we got the players that our rivals didn't want, I have no faith in the SISU model, it doesn't work for us. The previous seson we got cash for leon Clarke and we spent on laons short term deals with Chuba, Eccleston, the Fonz - totally inept.

Users who are viewing this thread