Wigan and Sheffield Wednesday (1 Viewer)

Alkhen

Good news for us if true.

That would be fantastic for us. Really think cementing our selves in the Champ is a must medium term.

I have a horrible feeling based on very little that the Premier league 2 idea might gain a bit of momentum especially with finances the way the are in the lower leagues.

Liquid Gold

Hopefully at least that means Wednesday will start on minus points. Shame about Wigan. Not only for us but the genuine foul play that might have occurred.

usskyblue

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

skybluesam66

Derby and Charlton also at risk of points deduction
Villa are financially fucked with relegation
Sheff wed possible deduction next year
Norwich will be on a strong negative momentum

SBAndy

Maybe they meant Derby & Wednesday

I think what they mean is Wigan are likely to appeal the decision and then it would be postponed, but unlikely there would be a conclusion to the appeal before the new season starts. Therefore, points deduction carried over to next season.

Unless, of course, they don’t appeal.

Liquid Gold

I think what they mean is Wigan are likely to appeal the decision and then it would be postponed, but unlikely there would be a conclusion to the appeal before the new season starts. Therefore, points deduction carried over to next season.

If the rumours are true about the owners wanting relegation then I'm not sure they would appeal or is it in the administrator's hands now?

larry_david

If the rumours are true about the owners wanting relegation then I'm not sure they would appeal or is it in the administrator's hands now?
Think it's in the administrators hands now. Think they basically control everything now. I've heard various rumours of the new owners fucked off and no one knows who he is to a rumour he doesn't actually exist. Either way whoever rubber stamped the takeover has alot of explaining to do

Nonleagueherewecome

Think it's in the administrators hands now. Think they basically control everything now. I've heard various rumours of the new owners fucked off and no one knows who he is to a rumour he doesn't actually exist. Either way whoever rubber stamped the takeover has alot of explaining to do
I think the original dodgy one has fucked off, but the other one he sold it to never existed, with a grainy mugshot of some random the only proof of his existence (cos actually, that was all made up by the original dodgy owner, who sold them on to this shell with a huge loan at impossible interest rates that would bank him a load, bankrupt the club, relegate Wigan and make him fuckloads on illegal South East Asian betting circuits as he knew they would go down before anybody else did when they were safe in midtable)! Sumat like that.

Magwitch

That’s about right according to the Wigan fans end, if true it makes their case a bit different to normal administration seems a right mess they are bound to appeal any points loss that cause relegation and then further appeal the appeal should that be negative and that could delay what will already be a delayed start to the new season and if they did get a reprieve from relegation what will the relegated club taking their position do the EFL must be praying they get a good result tomorrow but they have promotion chasing Fulham at home a real tough game. Intriguing to say the least.

Grendel

If they don’t go down why appeal?

better days

I think the original dodgy one has fucked off, but the other one he sold it to never existed, with a grainy mugshot of some random the only proof of his existence (cos actually, that was all made up by the original dodgy owner, who sold them on to this shell with a huge loan at impossible interest rates that would bank him a load, bankrupt the club, relegate Wigan and make him fuckloads on illegal South East Asian betting circuits as he knew they would go down before anybody else did when they were safe in midtable)! Sumat like that.
I think the betting on relegation story is a red herring
It's vanishingly unlikely that any bookie anywhere would take a huge enough bet on something like relegation to make it worthwhile
There might have been smaller bets by people in the know as to what the owners were up to

skybluesam66

in fact if you look from 12th down in the championship, you either have a basket case, and/or a team struggling to stay up because they did not spend stupid amounts of money

Colin Steins Smile

If this is proved to be true, then Wigan will have a strong case in law to sue the EFL for negligence in approving this takeover.

Nonleagueherewecome

If this is proved to be true, then Wigan will have a strong case in law to sue the EFL for negligence in approving this takeover.
Yes there's a lot of hope that this might be the wake-up call to the Fit and Proper Persons Test, as it's almost as if it was a student group doing a project to prove that literally anyone can pass it as stands!

I do think they will appeal as it sounds outrageous. Even the administrator was totally gobsmacked and he's worked on plenty of basket-cases. And if it IS appealed, that means they can't possibly have the points deduction this season because there wouldn't be time to hear that before the fixtures are announced for next season.

I think that is what The Mail was trying to say, but just...didn't quite manage it! It should be great news for us for next season.

Users who are viewing this thread