WHY? (1 Viewer)

Samo

Samo and others on here nowhere have I said we buy before we sell I said line up a possible replacement where 1 deal triggers another . Like buying a house I know possibility of getting into a chain but by just letting him go the way we have 20 odd goals light and 1 week nearer the season other teams know they can hold out when selling because we have sold and are in need. S B H H never said we need to spend the same amount on a transfer fee as you get in saying if X comes in X is spent on a replacement of which some of it is wages . Your right great fan of J P said many times on here should be given more time playing a central position instead of on the wing and we will see what he can do. ( There will be more than the 2 of us at the end of the season)

So you think MR has no one else lined up?

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Yes if he had we should have moved on by now . M R will have to work hard this week otherwise whoever we get in will be leaning player names in the first game and not knowing how they play.

Samo

Yes if he had we should have moved on by now . M R will have to work hard this week otherwise whoever we get in will be leaning player names in the first game and not knowing how they play.

It's all so simple right? do you live in a world where everyone is honest, nobody changes their mind, deals never fall through and nothing comes out of left field? MR will have a list of targets but unfortunately he operates in the real world where life is a little more complicated.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Hope everything is in order and we get a decent replacement in in plenty of time . Hope it's not like 2016 Mowbray's last season in charge when everything was done way too late and it cost us big time

Cranfield Sky Blue

Hmm.. I seem to remember a certain Mr Armstrong arrived days before the season started and the team didn’t need to know his name before lining him up for four goals in his first two games? Just saying

PUSB

fatso

Surprised people are panicking when so many had Ponticelli as the answer last season?
We desperately need cover in case Ponticelli gets injured.
Chaplin may well be good enough to be cover for Ponticelli!

Gazolba

Ponticelli is 19 and a 19 year old just scored in the WC final, so can we please have no more of this "he's too young and raw for the first team" or "he's one for the future".
We'll start the season with Biamou and Ponticelli up front.

Nick

Administrator
Ponticelli is 19 and a 19 year old just scored in the WC final, so can we please have no more of this "he's too young and raw for the first team" or "he's one for the future".

Are you really comparing Mbappe with Ponticelli?

fatso

I think you’ll find Mbappe is the exception rather than the rule,
And Mbappe is blessed with fantastic pace, which is something that Ponticelli is not.
I’d like to see two strikers come in (if it were an ideal world). Then ponticelli could go out on loan and get a run of first team football, which he desperately needs.

Skybluefaz

I like Ponticelli, but this comparison is radio rental.

Samo

Are you really comparing Mbappe with Ponticelli?

Of course he's not. He's just pointing out that 19 is old enough if your good enough.

Nick

Administrator
Of course he's not. He's just pointing out that 19 is old enough if your good enough.

There is also the fact that Ponticelli has only been a footballer for a couple of years which means he hasn't had the level of coaching from a kid.

Hobo

There is also the fact that Ponticelli has only been a footballer for a couple of years which means he hasn't had the level of coaching from a kid.

I also think it depends how much quality is already in the team around a young player. Giving them cover, giving them good passes and service, giving them options when on the ball, advice and talking them through the game; its not always about the individual player.

BUSA

Gotta to give our own talent a chance to shine & signing under 23 players on loan doesn’t always work out for us for every Murphy & Armstrong there is an Andre Wright

SkyBlueCRJ

Harry Kane was crap when he was 19. So I think you'll find that every player is different and will progress at their own rate

Covcraig@bury

Can someone tell me why we sold Marc Mcnulty without having a replacement in position ready to sign? We did not want to sell the player so therefore the deal should have been done at our speed. It's not as though it was the eve of the season and Reading needed him straight away .Now we are scrambling around getting a goal scorer in.Not very professional.
Because SISU are total wankers !!!!!!! I hate to say it but ( I told you so ) .... They have to please the share holders £££££££££ . ....NOPM...AGAIN !!!! See you at Wembley....

Nick

Administrator
Because SISU are total wankers !!!!!!! I hate to say it but ( I told you so ) .... They have to please the share holders £££££££££ . ....NOPM...AGAIN !!!! See you at Wembley....

You do realise he forced the move don't you?

Grendel

On the meths again?

runner

I'm afraid as this Chaplin chap hasn't arrived ... still ... but Portsmouth are being sensible lining up a replacement PRE selling their biggest asset, what did we do (regardless of McNulty wanting to go ... who cares, he's under contract, well WAS) we sold him pre having a solid replacement ... we are looking like muppets again ... if we don't get someone in soon ... of the right calibre, we will be in mid September saying once again ... "so where the goals coming from this season?" ... same old problem ...

Nick

Administrator
I'm afraid as this Chaplin chap hasn't arrived ... still ... but Portsmouth are being sensible lining up a replacement PRE selling their biggest asset, what did we do (regardless of McNulty wanting to go ... who cares, he's under contract, well WAS) we sold him pre having a solid replacement ... we are looking like muppets again ... if we don't get someone in soon ... of the right calibre, we will be in mid September saying once again ... "so where the goals coming from this season?" ... same old problem ...

Portsmouth keep messing about and moving the goalposts rather then to do with a replacement.

We had a goalscorer last September didn't we?

You were saying we needed a striker in January, look how that turned out. You were banging on about not buying a season ticket last season as well.

Wait and see what robins does before moaning, surely?

Last pre season you said this:

Whilst there has been "some" investment so far, we've not tied down key players from last season, lost Bigi ... still no likelihood of keeping Thomas and those that came in ... are likely to not be additionals, but ones to replace the 'better' ones of last year ... simply put ... mid to low end sadly, no ambition really within this club anymore and whilst I don't think we will get relegated again this season, it has to be on the cards over the next 3 years with the current owners.

Last edited:

skybluegod

Portsmouth keep messing about and moving the goalposts rather then to do with a replacement.

We had a goalscorer last September didn't we?

You were saying we needed a striker in January, look how that turned out. You were banging on about not buying a season ticket last season as well.

Wait and see what robins does before moaning, surely?

Last pre season you said this:

Whilst there has been "some" investment so far, we've not tied down key players from last season, lost Bigi ... still no likelihood of keeping Thomas and those that came in ... are likely to not be additionals, but ones to replace the 'better' ones of last year ... simply put ... mid to low end sadly, no ambition really within this club anymore and whilst I don't think we will get relegated again this season, it has to be on the cards over the next 3 years with the current owners.

Maybe he meant immediate relegation from our first season in the premiership?

Users who are viewing this thread