Why would the CVA be signed? (1 Viewer)

jimmyhill

I can't understand why ACL would agree to the CVA. It seems to me like this is the major bargaining chip that they hold over SISU. Once traded they can never get back the opportunity of an investigation into what has happened at CCFC Ltd.

So if a signed CVA is so powerful what could they expect from SISU in return, a 3-5 deal cash upfront to play at the Ricoh? Surely anything less that that would mean that we are back where we were last season without any pressure point on SISU. Also imo it would beg the question as to whether it suits ACL to have certain other things halted (such as the Judicial Review possibly).

Any ideas?

TheOldFive

I really don't think that Sisu are running scared of an investigation, I think they are more genuinely wanting the CVA sorted so they can come out of admin. The outcome of this not happening will be an almost hopeless situation playing out on the pitch and in the dugout. Pretend for a minute that they do care about that. No, that's silly. Best to imagine they would realise the inconvenience of it, likely Pressley walking, the team affairs needing far too much attention distracting them from knocking up their ikeabowl.

I propose that ACL should sign the CVA and set the clock ticking on the 28 day cooling off period - move the pressure onto Sisu to agree to play at the Ricoh for the interim before a proposed new build for a reasonable rent, commensurate with the Northampton deal plus a share of the conservative 4-5000 additional ticket sales per game.

It can't be hard for all parties to agree on a deal that is mutually beneficial for everyone in comparison to the nightmare scenario that has been created and is becoming all too real - CCFC Playing to 2-4000 in Northampton with negligible revenue and still in Admin, and ACL with no football rent revenue but propped up by CCC, Judicial Reviews permitting...

If Sisu can't agree to that, they really are smoking themselves out once and for all, and we can expect them not to bring the team back to Coventry. I know that most suspect this already, I'm the naive fool that just wants that final confirmation before manning the barricades...

Last edited:

ccfcway

I really don't think that Sisu are running scared of an investigation, I think they are more genuinely wanting the CVA sorted so they can come out of admin. The outcome of this not happening will be an almost hopeless situation playing out on the pitch and in the dugout....

We are in an embargo cause SISU didnt file accounts, same as last season !!

ccfcway

They can't submit the books until this mess with Ltd is sorted out.

they didnt submit teh books before "This mess" and they didnt do it last season either !

Even IF / When the administration is worked out, theyt will still drag their heals wit their accounts

skyblue.boycie

Sisu want it signed. The question is do CCC, ACL or Higgs want it signed. Who has weakened their stance since the last meeting in order for it to be passed? Also what conditions have been agreed on for it to be signed? Will we ever know? I doubt it.

stupot07

they didnt submit teh books before "This mess" and they didnt do it last season either !

Even IF / When the administration is worked out, theyt will still drag their heals wit their accounts

This mess kicked off before year end.

jesus-wept

SISU didn't submit their accounts so again an embargo was issued, which prevented any team strengthening to help which was a real push towards the play offs we were bombing towards and surprise surprise Mark Robins jumped ship

NorthernWisdom

SISU didn't submit their accounts so again an embargo was issued, which prevented any team strengthening to help which was a real push towards the play offs we were bombing towards and surprise surprise Mark Robins jumped ship

I absolutely wish them all the best, they work their socks off and as I’ve said before that club needs support from Coventry City Council. That led to a decision to want to speak with Huddersfield and that’s how the decision has been arrived at... There are well-documented things about what’s happening down at Coventry. It is a magnificent club. Potentially huge. But it needs support to build revenue streams and help from the council.

wes_cov

Thought i read the Investigation bill would come out of the proceeds of the sale of liquidated stock....(HaHaHa...) guess we'll have to see which way its gone.

Users who are viewing this thread