"Why we did not take Arsenal Tickets" (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Kid

@ Postman Pat....Cheeky F**ker....Does anybody actually read what the statement from SISU said....I didn't get an answer from the "Emirates ticket office" they never said one way or another.....Getting back to SISU's statement...IF as they claim is true, Don't think for a minute any "Extra charges" wouldn't be passed on to the fans. I've given you all plenty of ways they will recoup any losses. Have any of you gone into a shop and be told there is a £5 charge on "Credit Card sales"??? Go into ASDA and buy a 22 pack of Walkers crisps and pay £2 for it...Go in a day later and it cost £4-50p. It goes on in everyday walk of life. Just for the record PP..I'm not saying we SHOULD be charged extra for other matches...I'm saying we "WILL" SISU are playing the "Long game" so they say. They will recoup their losses, one way or another.

Nick

Administrator
@ Postman Pat....Cheeky F**ker....Does anybody actually read what the statement from SISU said....I didn't get an answer from the "Emirates ticket office" they never said one way or another.....Getting back to SISU's statement...IF as they claim is true, Don't think for a minute any "Extra charges" wouldn't be passed on to the fans. I've given you all plenty of ways they will recoup any losses. Have any of you gone into a shop and be told there is a £5 charge on "Credit Card sales"??? Go into ASDA and buy a 22 pack of Walkers crisps and pay £2 for it...Go in a day later and it cost £4-50p. It goes on in everyday walk of life. Just for the record PP..I'm not saying we SHOULD be charged extra for other matches...I'm saying we "WILL" SISU are playing the "Long game" so they say. They will recoup their losses, one way or another.

They turned the tickets down though so they won't need to recoup them? All of the tickets sold?

davebow87

I have to say that £25.50 is enough money to charge for a televised game. The more expensive tickets are ridiculously overpriced: a friend of mine is going to watch Man City v Barcelona and is paying about that price....

Sky Blue Kid

Nick.......They turned the tickets down though so they won't need to recoup them? All of the tickets sold?...............................................................................................I don't know about a time limit to sell tickets, but I do know SISU never gave the fans a chance.

Bennosdancingfeet

Everyone saying it's a fair statement but how about the fact they're going to make shit loads of money from this game anyway. Yes, potentially we may have sold about another 2000 but surely even if they had to pay for the 1500 not sold, they're still making shit loads of money, just the margin has decreased

RoboCCFC90

Nick.......They turned the tickets down though so they won't need to recoup them? All of the tickets sold?...............................................................................................I don't know about a time limit to sell tickets, but I do know SISU never gave the fans a chance.

SBK the Club gave ample reasons for not taking the second batch of tickets and not putting them on sale, as I stated earlier in the thread:

It may have helped please the people who can't be pleased, but if they had sold 1000 out of the 3500 avaliable, they still would have of had to pay £81,250 (roughly) to Arsenal when they would of only made £32,500 on the second allocation. That's almost a loss of £50,000, it's not worth it and the correct decision.

There was no guarantee that the Club would sell all of the second batch. Lets say for arguements sake they took all of the 3500 tickets offered, then they only sold 1750 tickets, leaving another 1750 unsold, they would of have to of given roughly the same amount of money back to Arsenal that they would of made from the 1750 of the second batch that they would of sold. The Club made the best decison.

Edit: I have just worked it out that the Club would of have to of sold more than 50% of the second batch to see any increase in their profit, there was no point taking that second batch I am afraid.

Last edited:

smileycov

Facebook User
hill83.......................Just wtf is your point hill83? Do you expect every CCFC fan to take SISU's word on anything?.............................................My point is they sent CCFC Allocation back to Arsenal, a whole week before the game. We could have sent the extra tickets back by Wednesday or Thursday of THIS week, and Arsenal would still have sold them all before the end of Thursday....and to quote Grenduffy..."That's a FACT"

No we couldn't. Arsenal set the deadline it was ALL the 3,500 or none. Segregation reason's. They made a decision not to take up the extra batch. I would have rather they had them, but they didn't.

Sky Blue Kid

Stafford_SkBlue..........I take it you've never been phoned by the "Ticket office" at CCFC, or any "Telesales office" for that matter.....They know the ins and outs of a ducks arse when it suits them. Don't you want to know what's going on with our Club? or are you happy to go along with the "SISU way"....OHHH! I've just seen who I'm replying too.

Sky Blue Kid

smileycov............Arsenal set the deadline it was ALL the 3,500 or none...................................................................Sorry mate, but when did a allocation of a number of tickets become a deadline? A Deadline is a TIME LIMIT. Not a "You must take all 3,500 tickets" The 5k allocation was sold out by the end of last week mate. IMHO the 3.5k allocation would have been sold by Wednesday/Thursday of this week at the latest. Any tickets left over(Which I very much doubt) would have been "Snapped up" inside the hour at Arsenal's ticket office, more than 24 hours before the game starts.

RoboCCFC90

smileycov............Arsenal set the deadline it was ALL the 3,500 or none...................................................................Sorry mate, but when did a allocation of a number of tickets become a deadline? A Deadline is a TIME LIMIT. Not a "You must take all 3,500 tickets" The 5k allocation was sold out by the end of last week mate. IMHO the 3.5k allocation would have been sold by Wednesday/Thursday of this week at the latest. Any tickets left over(Which I very much doubt) would have been "Snapped up" inside the hour at Arsenal's ticket office, more than 24 hours before the game starts.

Oh dear... If they didn't sell them all last year then on a Friday night, at the end of January, being a live televised game, the chances of the allocation being completely sold were less than 20%.

smileycov

Facebook User

Not sure if you are on a wind up or you are this thick!! Hopefully for yoursake its the former. Beacuse of segregation we were told we had to take up all 3,500 tickets or none...Still with me? We could not send any back to Arsenal to sell to home support. Okay? They GAVE US A DEADLINE of last week to decide, Take the extra or not take the extra!!! The club choose to not take them rather than risk being unable to sell the LOT!! Arsenal then sold them to Home support. Please god let the penny drop!

Sky Blue Kid

Strange there's no confirmation of this from Arsenal's ticket office or indeed anyone at arsenal. Funny how the only statement we've got to go on is SISU?

SkyBlue_Bear83

But if you're flying the flag of financial prudence, what if they had sold 2.5K of the additional allocation and sent 1K back, like they claim happened last time?

Wouldn't their share of the 2.5K additional tickets sold to CCFC fans covered any loss associated with the 1K return?

Could have fulfilled the criteria of financial prudence you laud, and kept more fans happy, no?

The club get the same share of the gate receipts regardless of how many they sold don't they under the FA Cup rules? So saying the extra 2.5k sold would cover any losses doesn't matter, right?

A 60k gate with 5k Cov fans pays the same amount to the club as a 60k gate with 9k Cov fans
A 59k gate with 8k Cov fans pays less to the club and they would have to pay for any unsold tickets

SkyBlue_Bear83

Edit: I have just worked it out that the Club would of have to of sold more than 50% of the second batch to see any increase in their profit, there was no point taking that second batch I am afraid.

How would this have increased their profit though? They get the same percentage of the ticket sales regardless of whether they are sold to Arsenal or Cov fans?

Am I missing something?

cornoccfc

Further to that, the second allocation would have been for the upper tier and would have been priced at £35.50 for adults, £33.50 for concessions and £29.00 for under-16s – therefore increasing the risk that they wouldn’t sell.

On Saturday, there were still 600 tickets left and they sold out after around three hours.

1- I question whether concessions would have been £29 for U16
2- Rubbish, at 9.30am online, there were about 8 single seats available and they vanished in an instant

RoboCCFC90

How would this have increased their profit though? They get the same percentage of the ticket sales regardless of whether they are sold to Arsenal or Cov fans?

Am I missing something?

The Club have to fork out for the tickets not sold if they don't sell the allocation..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Kid

(iii) In matches played in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition Proper, the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided as follows: 45% to each Club competing in the match. 10% to the Pool. (iv) In replayed matches in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition Proper the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided as follows: 5% to The Association. 42.5% to each Club. 10% to the Pool. (c) “The Pool” shall be a fund held by The Association which shall be divided at the completion of the Competition between the FA Premier League and the Football League for onward distribution to the Clubs in the FA Premier League and the Football League which participated in the Competition. The 5% payment to The Association for replayed matches ..............................................................This should help to show payments to each Club.

Grendel

Am I missing something?

No they are - this way maximises revenue with zero risk - its a pointless argument.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The Club have to fork out for the tickets not sold if they don't sell the allocation..

Even if we had taken the extra allocation and sold it out completely we still wouldn't have made extra money though.

45% of a 60k gate is exactly the same number no matter which way you work it out.

RoboCCFC90

Even if we had taken the extra allocation and sold it out completely we still wouldn't have made extra money though.

45% of a 60k gate is exactly the same number no matter which way you work it out.

As you said in your previous post we get the same amount per ticket revenues, however we would have to of paid for tickets that wouldn't of been sold which could have risen upwards of £30,000+ per my example earlier, giving the tickets to Arsenal to sell maximises revenue output from the game.

Can't complain about the logic or the fact that they actually communicated it.

Do you think it could be an imposter pretending to be the official site?

Monners

The issue is around segregation I think. if we sold 2.5k with 1k left then Arsenal stated that they couldn't sell these seats to home fans - CCFC would have to pay for them with no concessions. If they had started selling on general sale before the cut off imposed by Arsenal, then we wouldn't have had any of this nonsense. Anyway, its on telly and we can always turn over to one man and his dog if a cricket score looks likely!

The Gentleman

I think you will find it was a bit tongue in cheek / a joke / sarcasm?

By the same token, the next time someone comes on here and says SISUE or some other wordplay of the name, certain posters won't say anything because it is a bit tongue in cheek/a joke/sarcasm?

mark82

Let's be honest, if you haven't been to a match by this point in the season you surely can't be that bothered about a single match selling out. There are plenty of others where tickets are readily available.

Think the club did a great job opening it up to any fan who has already been to any game this season first. Could we ask any fairer than that.

To be honest, if we got the extra allocation most of those would be day trippers and Arsenal fans living in Coventry.

covmark

By the same token, the next time someone comes on here and says SISUE or some other wordplay of the name, certain posters won't say anything because it is a bit tongue in cheek/a joke/sarcasm?

Sarcasm and crap wordplay are completely different.

Users who are viewing this thread