Why we are sadly going down... (1 Viewer)

CCFC123

... we simply dont have enough about us to pull a result out the back when needed. Could we get a win at Watford on Saturday? Of course we could but we all know we just dont have enough about us. We dont seem to have the charactor away from home to grind a result out. I look at Doncaster and even Portsmouth and given a show down I dont see us winning. I dont see us beating either of those sides at the Ricoh.

I've given up reviewing the fixtures and results, it's a waste of time.

Whilst i type Donny are 1-0 against Reading.... do you see us doing that....sadly no.

We have to get 4 points at Watford and Cardiff to throw it in the air again.... we all know that wont happen with this team.

ccfcway

now, you are gonna get in all sorts of trouble with this...

wheres the blind faith, the belief that despite being the worst team in the league (pompy have been deducted points) and losing our best player in the past 2 games for the remainder of the season, we are about to go on a play off type run to be safe for another season

canleykid

Hard to see a win coming cos u know were gna concede and I can't remember the last time we came back and won a game after being a goal down

torchomatic

You sarcastically call it blind faith, I call it hope. Why take the piss out of fans who believe we can get out of it? That's what we all want, surely? Even you?

wheres the blind faith, the belief that despite being the worst team in the league (pompy have been deducted points) and losing our best player in the past 2 games for the remainder of the season, we are about to go on a play off type run to be safe for another season

Blinxs

At least Doncaster are playing a good side in Reading who have a better chance than most to come back and draw if not win

ccfcway

You sarcastically call it blind faith, I call it hope. Why take the piss out of fans who believe we can get out of it? That's what we all want, surely? Even you?

your right, my tone is completely wrong, it thinks its just years and years of abuse of my loyalty has finally got to me.

I just want us to bottom out and begin to look forward, but we are no-where near there yet,so why delay the inevitable ?

If a miricle did happen, with Craine, Clingan and Keogh off in the summer, we would just be on a hiding to nothing next season

turn this seasons life support off, and lets see if we levelout next season, or if we need to drop down again to Legaue 2 to begin the climb back

torchomatic

Reading have equalised.

ccfcway

cardiff 0-3 down at home, thats a bit of a shock

not as much of a shock as if it was next week though :eek:

mememe

cant see us doing any better than plumb bottom. still hoping for the best, realistically we are going down, but lets not give up home until the maths say thats your lot ccfc

@richh87

Yeah, it's not as if Coventry have a history of escaping unexpectedly is it.

We've got a nice little run of fixtures at home to come too and it's only 4 points. I'm not sure that we will do it - but to say it's all over is too premature.

We're Coventry City. Staying up against the odds is kinda our thing.

Last edited:

PhilWasn'tBabb

Yeah, it's not as if Coventry have a history of escaping unexpectedly is it.

We've got a nice little run of fixtures at home to come too and it's only 4 points. I'm not sure that we will do it - but to say it's all over is too premature.

We're Coventry City. Staying up against the odds is kinda our thing.

I was think this too, but those days are long since passed, Oggy and perhaps Carsley are the only people about to remind the players of those days.

As has been said above if we do stay up, next season is likely to be worse than this one.

@richh87

I was think this too, but those days are long since passed, Oggy and perhaps Carsley are the only people about to remind the players of those days.

As has been said above if we do stay up, next season is likely to be worse than this one.

I think SISU will go this summer. How long the scum bags hold on to get their grubby hands on our season ticket money and sell our players is a big concern for me though.

Hopefully once it's been decided what league we're in the takeover will happen and we can look forward to better times ahead.

smileycov

Facebook User
Disagree, and i am bad at Maths!! But i think there is enough points left to play for which means we can still stay up.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'd say that the absolute maximum number of points we can afford to drop over these last 10 games is about 15. That puts us on 43 points, which is unlikely to keep anyone up based on previous years. Pushing for say 46-50 points, we could only drop say 10-12 points, and would require us to win 1 or 2 away games as well as all of our home ones. It's a pretty tall order to ask that of a team that's just managed 3 away draws all season up to this point.

covcity4life

I'd say that the absolute maximum number of points we can afford to drop over these last 10 games is about 15. That puts us on 43 points, which is unlikely to keep anyone up based on previous years. Pushing for say 46-50 points, we could only drop say 10-12 points, and would require us to win 1 or 2 away games as well as all of our home ones. It's a pretty tall order to ask that of a team that's just managed 3 away draws all season up to this point.

dropping 15pts puts us on 45pts which could keep us up

Otis

45 points would be enough. I really believe that. I'm sure it's going to be lower than normal this year. Usually between 46-50, but I think 43 could be enough this season.

Brighton Sky Blue

In any case Otis, it means we have to win at least one away game-and more if we drop points in any of the home fixtures. If we can't win a single away fixture out of 23 we don't deserve survival anyway.

Otis

Totally agree.

It's not the fact that we've lost 10 in a row that is even the worst thing here (as bad as that might be), it's that we have only scored 7 goals on our travels all season. That is just dreadful. Absolutely dreadful.

To be honest, we do deserve to go down ..... no matter how much that hurts me to say it. Any team that has been in the bottom 3 since October, not won away all season and only scored 7 goals on their travels deserves everything that's coming to them. :(

smileycov

Facebook User
It is bizarre how we can play fairly well at home and win, yet away we do not even look like we want to get anything? Surely to god the players don't realy think just winning at home will be enough? even 1 or 2 away draws will be helpfull for gods sake.

Otis

Yep. I know people will be saying we have to win at Watford, but to my thinking even a draw would at least stop the rot.

Something like a 2-2 draw would be great.

1. It would stop the sequence of defeats.

2. Would prove that we can score on our travels.

ccfcway

I would get them to vicariage road early on saturday and make them watch the Birmingham v Notts Forest game a couple of weeks ago

Show them that with some belief it might just be possible

in reality of course, we will roll up, have our bellies tickled and leave losing 2-0

Sub

thats ok tho to lose 2-0 as thorn says nobody has hammered us !!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Covstu

Watford is a winnable game and they are due a big performance, problem is we would then probably lose the next home game! We are sadly inconsistent but we have been in similar positions so many times in the top flight and escaped. Sadly i do agree, this one is not looking good.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Disappointing thing is that we have had good opportunities to pull clear, to out point our rivals, and almost without exception we have failed to pull it off. For whatever reason we lack the mental resolve to do it.

Brighton Sky Blue

Fair point OSB-we have lost close to 30 points from winning positions this season, and reclaimed about 2 from losing ones. Keeping even a quarter of these would have us out of the bottom 3-games like Blackpool home/away, Juke's missed pen at home to Reading are rearing their heads at the moment.

@richh87

Haha. The make-believe form of the teams around us is frightening!

EleanorRigby

We are the worst team in the league, we always concede and rarely score more than one a match. We need two results a win and atleast a draw to peg back Bristol and they must lose two and we need two wins to peg back Forest. To me the situation is almost impossible. Yet our supporters just sit back and accept this sitiuation. With just a minimum of effort from our owners re' promised loans.we would be out of this situation. To me relegation is what SISU want. They simply cannot afford championship status. Which is why they have slowly sold our biggest earners. Don't win Saturday and that's it IMO.
Andy Thorn sits back like a nodding donkey and says feck all, in fact no-one from the playing side says ought. I am certain a lot of them have accepted our fate too. Can you honestly see Clingan or Cranie putting their necks on the line. they are both off in the summer.

CCFC123

we all know what will happen saturday. go 1 down after 15 minutes then another 10 minutes from time and another powder puff display creating no chances and Thorn blubbering on after the game that we wont give up and whilst there a chance of staying up were all committed to the cause.

The away form if you didn't know any better you would of thought was players that simply wouldn't lift a leg. I dont think the players have given there all and I certainly think that the players have taken the piss out the management team. Imagine if a Manager like Warnock was here...one or two of these wasters wouldn't be going through the motions like they are as there'd be pinned to the dressing room wall. Players this season such as Eastwood, Bell, Baker, Clingan, have been nothing but a disgrace to the club and there proffesion.

After we go down I hope these shits get both barrels at the last home game.

Brighton Sky Blue

I couldn't have been more pissed off seeing Clingan to step up and miss that penalty at Leicester-didn't look at all bothered when it got saved. Disgrace to the shirt and an atrocious captain.

Users who are viewing this thread