Why the hold up... (1 Viewer)

B

Bobby Firenze

I have no idea. If I were to guess it would be that there has been some kind of issue. An issue that has led to a hold up. But that's just a guess.

RichieGunns

Really...having a pissing contest about who has more likes etc...just stick to the bloody context of the thread :)

Right...

I believe that even though Jennings played 45 minutes the other day, his fitness isn't to the level they need it too for him to pass the medical.

Jennings knows that it's going to be exactly the same at other clubs and i think Thorn has promised him a contract, he just needs to get past the medical and so that would explain the delay.

It's obvious that Thorn wants Jennings and i believe Jennings wants to come to our club so they've put this plan into motion so that there are no problems when the medical finally goes ahead.

Astute

I believe that even though Jennings played 45 minutes the other day, his fitness isn't to the level they need it too for him to pass the medical.

Must be a bit more to it than that. Otherwise how did Cody get to pass his last season?

Are we waiting for someone else to leave, or are they balancing the books with who they need to bring in and what positions they should be? We sure do need Jennings though.

WillieStanley

The fact he played on Tuesday is surely a good thing. He has been with us a really long time with no signature though. He's seen a practically brand new team walk through the door.

ccfcdan

They must have some sort of agreement otherwise Jennings wouldn't still be with us. What surprises me is that no other clubs have come in for him and made him an offer, after all he is apparently a superb player. Hmmm

Astute

They must have some sort of agreement otherwise Jennings wouldn't still be with us. What surprises me is that no other clubs have come in for him and made him an offer, after all he is apparently a superb player. Hmmm

It is well known in Glasgow that Rangers have tried to sign him whilst he has been with us.

smileycov

Facebook User
It is well known in Glasgow that Rangers have tried to sign him whilst he has been with us.

Yea, he said he didn't want to drop a level and will play in League 1 with us instead!:claping hands:

CJparker

Must be a bit more to it than that. Otherwise how did Cody get to pass his last season?

That is probably EXACTLY why we are being insistent on Jennings being properly fit!

standupforcity

Yea, he said he didn't want to drop a level and will play in League 1 with us instead!:claping hands:

Don't you mean....Yea, he said he didn't want to drop a level but will play in League 1 with us instead!
claping%20hands.gif

woody11462

What I would say is AT and everyone else has done the right thing by keeping their mouths shut about him. They said he picked up a 'knock' and maybe it was true. But they didn't keep giving updates on him and I for one was surprised to find him at Accrington. I hope he does sign but I'd also hope that whilst he was injured, they could agree a contract on the basis that he proves his fitness, which he is doing. If he has got used to the idea that he might be signing for a possible 'top 6' team that plays football (I know, that might be being optimistic) that is only a couple of hours from Merseyside, he may not be interested in other offers from teams further a field, dismiss them out of hand and we never hear about them.

I think we are too used to the negative at the City. Took him on trial and he got a knock. Recuperated with his family down in England, we made it known that we were still interested. We played Accy and it was close enough for him to come and watch us, sitting alongside former teammate, Elliott. Played 45 minutes. Will hopefully get another little look in on Saturday and the deal completed shortly afterwards. I think him coming to watch us in the Accy game was the most heartening... struck me as the actions of the man who appreciated a Club hanging around for him and wanted to sign. From what I have heard, I think he is going to be an influential player for us if we do get him. I think he sounds like captain material, although would have probably needed a full pre-season with us to edge into that sort of reckoning.

Users who are viewing this thread