Why should clubs be docked points (1 Viewer)

coop

The players and the fans will be the ones that get punished tomorrow when we get deducted x amount of points and the ones that got us in the mess will face no punishment as SISU will probably cut there losses and sell and it will be us the players and new owners to pick up the shit.The FL docked luton 30 points basically ending there league status.I just feel the wrong people get punished.What do people think?

italiahorse

The players and the fans will be the ones that get punished tomorrow when we get deducted x amount of points and the ones that got us in the mess will face no punishment as SISU will probably cut there losses and sell and it will be us the players and new owners to pick up the shit.The FL docked luton 30 points basically ending there league status.I just feel the wrong people get punished.What do people think?

Leicester went bust got rid of all their debts and started again from scratch. They had no points deducted. Since then the rules have changed to stop this happening.

Tonylinc

Your absolutely correct. I was thinking the very same thing over the weekend. Trouble is a 10 point deduction now would probably not hurt us therefore will they impose it next season?

kg82

Yes, the fans get punished but the rules are there for a reason. It's the same for everyone now that breaks those rules, can't really complain just because it's happening to us.

coop

i no you have to stick to the rules and expect to get punished if you break them but its always the fans not the so called money men

kg82

Yeah, but it's been like that for a while now. I don't like it but I accept it.

Bluegloucester

If, and it's a big if, we end in administration, get x points deduction and find a new owner. It will be us and the new owners who suffer, not Sisu who get away scot free.

Sky Blues

I knew it! They've been planning this for years.

As well as brining in points deductions, wasn't it Leicester going into admin that caused the company building our Arena to pull out, escalating the cost and helping to push the club to turn to the council to get the ground completed? Ingenious ticking time bomb devised in Leicester! :mad: :whistle:

Last edited:

Diehard Si

Your absolutely correct. I was thinking the very same thing over the weekend. Trouble is a 10 point deduction now would probably not hurt us therefore will they impose it next season?

You are assuming a 10 point to deduction. What about 20 points? That puts us near the relegation zone. What if it's 15 next season? What about 30 like Luton got.

What if they find Sisu to have acted in such a way that they think that's not enough. 1 relegation, 2 relegations are not unheard of either (Boston Utd was it).

Is they find Sisu have tried to elude the debt and rapidly transfered everything to one company and place other in admin they might look on this very dimly.

Of course they could go the other way and we could get away with it. But it's certainly going to be a rough ride.

Tonylinc

You are assuming a 10 point to deduction. What about 20 points? That puts us near the relegation zone. What if it's 15 next season? What about 30 like Luton got.

What if they find Sisu to have acted in such a way that they think that's not enough. 1 relegation, 2 relegations are not unheard of either (Boston Utd was it).

Is they find Sisu have tried to elude the debt and rapidly transfered everything to one company and place other in admin they might look on this very dimly.

Of course they could go the other way and we could get away with it. But it's certainly going to be a rough ride.
Totally agree mate. Think I was just looking on the bright side:(

lesturd

I knew it! They've been planning this for years.

As well as brining in points deductions, wasn't it Leicester going into admin that caused the company building our Arena to pull out, escalating the cost and helping to push the club to turn to the council to get the ground completed? Ingenious ticking time bomb devised in Leicester! :mad: :whistle:

...and the Chairman of the Football League, Greg Clarke, is a lifelong Leicester fan :(

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
We're not getting points deducted. The new housing estate on Swan Lane is being demolished. Highfield Rd stadium is being re-built. New owners are bringing millions to the club. Top sponsorship is coming in.

Well, that's what I dreamt last night anyway.......... :whistle:

James Smith

So let me get this straight,
01.SISU buy our beloved football club after paying off HMRC/CO-OP Bank,

02.SISU don’t negotiate the rent with ACL at this time or make any provisions for doing so if we are relegated,

03.We get relegated,

04.They then don’t attempt to negotiate the rent and just don't pay the rent for many months based on the fact that it is too high,

05.ACL make several(?) offers to SISU to help them with this including reducing the rent going forwards and some of the matchday revenues,

06.SISU reject all of these at some stage in the negotiation, including the last one that looked sustainable to me,

07.ACL get fed up and as they should do as business owners in such circumstances, take legal proceedings to start the ball rolling and try to encourage SISU to accept the last offer,

08.SISU don’t take the hint and carry on with their fingers in their ears, and make odd statements to the press,

09.ACL then say that they will see SISU in the high court for administration proceedings because they aren’t willing to negotiate sensibly,

10.SISU then put one of the two main club companies, the one that owes the rent into Admin themselves, on the day before proceedings were to start in the high court, (Possible 10 point deduction)

11.ACL ask for an adjournment in the high court the next day because they aren’t sure what is where anymore especially in relation to the Golden Share,

12.ACL say CCFC can play remaining home matches at RICOH, (but is this CCFC in Admin or not?)

13.SISU then move out of RICOH arena into Ryton On Dunsmore training facility,

14.SISU appointed Administrator then admits that Golden Share is still held by the company SISU put into administration, (Probable 10+ point deduction)

15.ACL say we can continue to play at RICOH this season.

16.News of American reaches press,

17.Football League say we just want the club to keep playing,

18.SISU release statement full of spin saying we're negotiating to stay and play at RICOH,(see point 15)

Fans confused and f懜ing annoyed by whole thing

Last edited:

LarryGrayson

If, and it's a big if, we end in administration, get x points deduction and find a new owner. It will be us and the new owners who suffer, not Sisu who get away scot free.

except for the fifty million quid they loose

cloughie

except for the fifty million quid they loose

What 50 million quid would that be please explain where this has been spent ..........................other than management fees and intrest accrued on loans.

this should be enlightening

LarryGrayson

wages expenses and the lick i read this forum an sure sisu aint the bees nees but they ant satan neither the way sum of you talk all they done is screw from the beginning be nice if there cud be sum kinda balance here eh or we just gonna slag them off for bein sisu even if they give out easter eggs to all the kids this friday

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Have you got predictive text switched on?:whistle:

J

Jack Griffin

Have you got predictive text switched on?:whistle:

No, our friend is dyslexic, but a good egg. Lay off Houchy. ;)

I'd like to understand the way the alleged £50M has been spent. I find it hard to believe that they took a £20M debt inhierited in 2007 and turned it into £50M in 6 years, losing another £10M I could believe easily, but losing £5M per annum on a turnover between £10 & £15M is scandalous! That can't be explained by the £1.2M rent & F&B issues alone.

Baginton

The annoying thing is one of the men who brought the point deduction in is Neil Doncaster, currently top man up in Scotlands SPL, he was cheif executive at Norwich when they wiped out several million pounds worth of debt without punishment, only to then a few years later whilst at the Football league voted to bring in the points deduction system!

You can't make it up :facepalm:

coundonskyblue

Points deductions are there to stop teams getting an advantage over others. Classic example being Portsmouth, bought the FA cup when they couldn't afford it.

Points deduction is there to try and balance that back up. Other teams, who have played by the rules, miss out otherwise.

Baginton

Leeds was the worst case, Bates purposely bought loads of expensive players he couldnt afford, building up a huge debt and took the 10 point deduction when they were safe of relegation, naughty man.
something was changed after that, maybe the date you get the points deduction for what season.

hutch1972

Leeds was the worst case, Bates purposely bought loads of expensive players he couldnt afford, building up a huge debt and took the 10 point deduction when they were safe of relegation, naughty man.
something was changed after that, maybe the date you get the points deduction for what season.

Leeds put themselves in admin when they were certain of relegation, thats why they had points deducted the following season in L1

Users who are viewing this thread