Why our start is so important (1 Viewer)

skybluesam66

New years Day Match is against Luton at home and will be our 26th game of the season

At this stage we would probably need to be on or around 41 points to be in play off contention
This is 26 points from the next 19 games or something like
Win 7 Draw 5 Lose 7

So to be in the race going into the run in and the January window - we only have to be average

That is why if we lose or even get hammered
Keep the faith and stay behind the team . We will and can afford a few defeats, If these are kept as few as possible (and in my example 2 of the defeats are turned into victories eg 9-5-5) it would make a massive difference and that is the point we could start to dream

So we only need to be a little better than average to be comfortably challenging at the top - all thanks to an excellent start, which the longer it continues the better . The next 3 are very winnable - A couple of wins in those 3 would keep up the momentum

fatso

As soon as we have enough points for safety I will be happy and anything after will be a bonus.
Dare to dream !!!
No one who succeeded at anything started off dreaming of mediocrity,
it's exactly that kind of attitude that allowed our players to underachieve for over 30 years in the top flight, remember how we used to win our last 3 games every season to survive, and we always did it.
Why didnt they play like that all season?

The answer is because the fans were happy with survival, and nothing more was expected or demanded. So nothing more was delivered !!!

NortonSkyBlue

The answer is because the fans were happy with survival, and nothing more was expected or demanded. So nothing more was delivered !!!
Possibly the most stupid reasoning on here ever. So we survived for 34 years in the top flight because we didn’t demand more of the players during that time? Leicester fans must be a pretty demanding lot to have won the league 5 years ago.

fatso

Possibly the most stupid reasoning on here ever. So we survived for 34 years in the top flight because we didn’t demand more of the players during that time? Leicester fans must be a pretty demanding lot to have won the league 5 years ago.
You just answered your own question.
Not very bright are you.

Brighton Sky Blue

Dare to dream !!!
it's exactly that kind of attitude that allowed our players to underachieve for over 30 years in the top flight, remember how we used to win our last 3 games every season to survive, and we always did it.

Look at what's happened on the last 2 occasions a chairman has 'had a punt' in Bryan Richardson and Paul 'Operation Premiership' Fletcher.

SlowerThanPlatt

Dare to dream !!!

Nothing to do with the quality of player then? Newcastle probably the most demanding fans in the country but are still pretty rubbish

Sky Blue Harry H

Anybody else getting confused as to who they want to win in other Championship games?
An example is the early ko tomorrow between Hull and Sheffield Utd. Normally, I'd be wanting Sheff Utd to win to ensure Hull are rooted near the bottom, but now I'm thinking 'hope Sheff Utd' drop points' as we can pull away from them. Not used to having to look at both ends of the table at once!

CDK

We have a good chance of play offs as the defense looks invigorated more so now hyam playing on right side and JCS on the left with Mcfadz stepping up to a higher standard ,overall a solid base for O'Hare hamer n co doing there thing giving the bullets for Viktor play offs possible.

steve101

Anybody else getting confused as to who they want to win in other Championship games?
An example is the early ko tomorrow between Hull and Sheffield Utd. Normally, I'd be wanting Sheff Utd to win to ensure Hull are rooted near the bottom, but now I'm thinking 'hope Sheff Utd' drop points' as we can pull away from them. Not used to having to look at both ends of the table at once!
Let them all draw. They can have a little change by losing when they play us.

Brylowes

We have a good chance of play offs as the defense looks invigorated more so now hyam playing on right side and JCS on the left with Mcfadz stepping up to a higher standard ,overall a solid base for O'Hare hamer n co doing there thing giving the bullets for Viktor play offs possible.
I would say the defence on the whole looks more comfortable and composed than ever, the main reason for that I think is Simon Moore ‘what a revelation he has been.

shmmeee

I still don’t understand how this wouldn’t apply to literally any 7 game period in the season.

SkyblueTexan

Let's not look too far ahead, stay humble, hungry, focused and take it 1 match at a time. A bit cliched i know, but that's the only way i'd appeoach things if I was MR or a player on the team. It's been a great start, but we've got a long way to go and need to maintain this pace all rhe way through if we aspire to be in the playoff mix come the end of the season.

Gint11

Dare to dream !!!

Utter nonsense

Speedie's Head

We need to get a grip on the discipline, quickly. Dabo suspended and Hamer and O'Hare well on the way to missing a game too, the squad doesn't have the depth to cope with too much of that. I remember Matty James on a mud bath last season in the white kit - he finished the game with barely a mark on it. Class in a glass that man, there's a lesson there...

Last edited:

Sick Boy

We need to get a grip on the discipline, quickly. Dabo suspended and Hamer and O'Hare well on the way to missing a game too, the squad doesn't have the depth to cope with too much of that. I remember Matty James on a mud bath last season in the white kit - he finished the game with barely a mark on it. Class in a glass that man, there's a lesson there...
It’s a normal part of the game that happens to all teams.

steve101

Does it go a little hand in hand with our pressing style. We are going to pick up yellows for late challenges. We do need to cut out needless ones though, like dissent or silly fouls that have little purpose.

Gint11

I hear you but I don’t mind it. Generally, it shows we are mixing it about. Dabo red was ridiculous but other than that it’s fine. We don’t want a team who’s soft so we?

Speedie's Head

I hear you but I don’t mind it. Generally, it shows we are mixing it about. Dabo red was ridiculous but other than that it’s fine. We don’t want a team who’s soft so we?

It's the soft yellows that bother me, there's just no need, that's what I mean by discipline.

Sick Boy

In the past we’ve always been a bit too meek, especially upfront. Not only have we majorly upgraded on the ability of the departing strikers, but both have a lot more fire in them.

Sky Blue Pete

His team haven’t won at home since January. We’ve won 4 on the bounce

Hamer on 4
Ohare on 3

No one else has more than 1

CDK

I'm not unhappy about yellow cards as the team is generally more Street wise which is no bad thing.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Such a pathetic attitude to have given our start and how we’re playing
I’d disagree, I’d take the season in stages. Hit 50 points ASAP, that’s the bare minimum then reassess where we are at that point. If we hit 50 with way 10-15 games left you could make a case for a play off charge.

Users who are viewing this thread