Why only 800 tickets sold at Crawley? (2 Viewers)

Lambo58

I thought people were still going to support the team by just going to away games. But seeing how few Crawley tickets have been sold and the amount of people that have been saying that they won't be going to away games either. Are people just deciding to stop supporting coventry city football club?

Don't get me wrong I completely support people not going to "home" games at Sixfields, but I don't understand people deciding to stop supporting the team and not going to away games. By going to away games you are just supporting the team and not presenting support to SISU.

What has changed since we were talking about having a huge away following and still supporting the players and manager?

InterSkyBlues

I think apathy has set in. We have all had enough of the crap being served up to us this week and maybe the game was just a step too far at the moment.

Personally, am measuring up getting a season ticket at Peterborough (where I live currently) rather than giving any money to SISU.

Ashdown1

There is not now a Coventry City Football Club, SISU killed it or maimed it and dragged it out of the City. 800 people following that joke of a set up is a small miracle !

James Smith

I think apathy has set in. We have all had enough of the crap being served up to us this week and maybe the game was just a step too far at the moment.

Personally, am measuring up getting a season ticket at Peterborough (where I live currently) rather than giving any money to SISU.
Just like always I'm working, however if the ladies match takes place on the 11th I'll do my damnedest to be there as I might be able to swop days with a colleague.

mrbluesky87

Because enough is enough. Now we know that it's shitfields for the next 5 years the enthusiasm has gone. It's a shame to think that I don't give a crap how we get on tomorrow, could not care less. IMHO I think we will be relegated.

James Smith

do sisu/otium directly or indirectly receive any percentage of away revenue?

Only if you buy tickets through our club not if you buy them from the away club direct.

RPHunt

I won't be going tomorrow even though Crawley is probably the nearest league ground to me.

I wouldn't be sad if they lost, or happy if they won - so that's it, nearly 50 years of devotion to a club wiped out.

DC67

Probably me and my sons last game tomorrow. It will be sad after 40 years for me and 10 for the lad but fook em.

M&B Stand

I don't get what people wanted to happen today. Most people were saying refuse the CVA. A part of the business was liquidated but the club carries on -10. Why's everyone spitting the dummy??

Steve_75

Some of it will be down to time commitments. For those who live in the Cov area, it's normally about 4 hours for a home game from when you leave home to when you get home (assuming you don't go for a drink before/after).
To go to an away game could easily add a couple of hours travelling either side to that. As much as some would probably like to, 7, 8, 10 or even 12 hours out of the day is just too much to commit to out of a day off. Especially if you're used to only going to home games.
I certainly couldn't give up that much time out of my day, up to 23 times a year to go and watch a football match.
Crawley is a fair distance. I think some of the nearer ones will see much larger followings.

LJC_CCFC

Crawley is 2 and half hours from Cov, not exactly Yeovil and we filled the allocation given there on the first day of last season

ExmouthNeil

Going to support Pressley and the lads, nowt else

We WILL have the best away support in this league....

I hate all this BUT we MUST support our manager and players....

NOT at Northampton at every away game like it was a home game... Common lads PUSB!!!!!!

Neil...

letsallsingtogether

It's also the start of the Holiday season I would have gone but am off on my holidays

rob9872

im off to france for two weeks tomorrow so would have missed start of season anyhow, i just wonder what i will come back to

NorthernWisdom

What rest?!?

In the grand scheme of football, not worth showing solidarity to the same complaints about our owners?

Now and again I miss some, of course I do because how the hell can I know the details of every club.

But... I won't go to Crawley because of their opaque ownership structure, that hides who fronts up the cash.

If I want the league to look into such things, I can't give such a thing cash while not giving my own team some!

Those are my principles.

Last edited:

skybluehugh

What rest?!?

In the grand scheme of football, not worth showing solidarity to the same complaints about our owners?

Now and again I miss some, of course I do because how the hell can I know the details of every club.

But... I won't go to Crawley because of their opaque ownership structure, that hides who fronts up the cash.

If I want the league to look into such things, I can't give such a thing cash while not giving my own team some!

Those are my principles.

So why are you so insistent on us all following "our saviours" to Northampton?

cloughie

No return to the Ricoh it becomes sisu FC to me

This whole crap which the FL could have changed the direction of all this deception and lies by having a backbone

sisu fc sanctioned by the Football League 'Real football for real fans' except in Coventry

I'd almost forgotten that we were playing tomorrow. If I can't normally get to an away game I'm normally glued to CWR listening to the match commentary.
I'm playing golf tomorrow so probably won't even bother to listen to the radio. That's how much interest I've lost over this whole fiasco.
Been a football fan all of my life both as a player and supporter but am now losing total interest in the game.
Whether my interest will be rekindled remains to be seen if we eventually return to the Ricoh but that remains to be seen.
The money men have taken over the game and with it taken it away from the true supporter.

LJC_CCFC

Yes, but last year we had some grown up players who had started shaving and we were still called Coventry City not SISU FC

God I miss the likes of Reece Brown, Cody McDonald, Chris Hussey and Fatty Ball. We've played well in pre-season and people are underestimating the squad of players we have. We are not Wimbledon, our club hasn't disappeared (yet)...

DazzleTommyDazzle

My daughter moves to London tomorrow, so I'm taking her and all her stuff down.

Normally I 'd have several people texting me with updates in case I couldn't get updates on the radio.

Not so fussed tomorrow.

I'd still like us to win, but if we don't it won't ruin my weekend - not the way it used to.

I never ever thought that I'd be able to write that.

pusbccfc

Shame reading posts about not going.

Oh well, I'll just have to sing on the lads louder than usual.

Backing the lads.

hatchett87

I think that given the circumstances, the distance, holiday season, the damage that SISU and the FL cowards have done, 800 supporters going is a minor miracle. Well done to everyone who goes.

hatchett87

PS to avoid the inevitable argument, I know there are more to blame, but these are the two against whom I am most angry.

Users who are viewing this thread