Why not make Twist and Shout (or Sisu Out) the official protest song? (1 Viewer)

Every away game (or home, if you go) we sing this for 10 mins straight at an allocated time? We could change the lyrics to Sisu Out instead of Twist and Shout?

Otis

You going to change 'You know you’re a twisty little girl' to 'You're a twisted little girl?'

That could be aimed at Tim Fisher or Joy Seppalla.

hill83

Nice sentiment, but will have about as much effect as a poll on here.

blueflint

well we could alter the words of the sky blue song to joy timmy and labo well fight tip the game is won

I just reckon it´s worth trying to take advantage of the momentum of the twist and shout video. It´s received a good reception, and if other teams fans were to join in ala Arsenal for a raucous 10 mins each game, it´d really help highlight our plight

pusbccfc

Come on, come on, come on SISU now
Come on SISU
Sort it out, sort it out
You know are no good, are no good
You know you've messed it up, messed it up
So go and sort it out sisu now, sort it out Sisu
As we want to go home.. Want to go home...

jimmyhillsfanclub

Twist and Shout makes me want to stab myself in the eyes. Can we use something else

Ha Ha.

we could pinch a different west ham song instead.....

I'm forever blowing bubbles perhaps....I believe it was one of Michael Jacksons favourites :thinking about:

Last edited:

theferret

Ha Ha.

we could pinch a different west ham song instead.....

I'm forever blowing bubbles perhaps....I believe it was one of Michael Jacksons favourites :thinking about:

We have been singing T&S for decades (I personally remember it from the mid 80s but others say we sang it in the 60s), West Ham started in about 1998. In fact, they started singing it just after we had made a league visit there and had sang it the entire second half which maybe coincidence but we certainly didn't pinch it off them.

Last edited:

torchomatic

What do you mean by "official"? Does that mean it has to be sung a certain amount of times per match. Or the only song you're allowed to sing? It's hardly going to be the ITV World Cup theme or anything.

Elvis Pressley

Indeed. A video with nearly a quarter of a million hits and positive comments from people all over the world and people on here want to ditch it. T&S is a quality football song. Quirky, original and a laugh.

We need to sing twist and shout more but not as a protest song
just sing it for the hell of it.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I once got a load of Everton fans to join me and my mates in a rendition of T&S in a pub in Liverpool city centre.....and it was after they'd lost to Liverpool about 2 hours previous...

jimmyhillsfanclub

Oh and ferret, I too remember singing it in the 80 ,s... I just assumed we'd nicked it as we have got a bit of previous form for robbing others songs

... Now shake it up baby..,

RoboCCFC90

Sorry but we don't just change the words to Twist and Shout, it's been sung for years.. Shake it up baby now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Otis

Indeed. A video with nearly a quarter of a million hits and positive comments from people all over the world and people on here want to ditch it. T&S is a quality football song. Quirky, original and a laugh.

Agree Ferret. I love Twist and Shout.

For most of the older City fans though who are getting a bit long in the tooth, this could now be changed to 'pissed and stout.'

hill83

Sorry but we don't just change the words to Twist and Shout, it's been sung for years.. Shake it all baby now!!

Are you aware these aren't the words or am I missing a wacky joke?

hill83

Agree Ferret. I love Twist and Shout.

For most of the older City fans though who are getting a bit long in the tooth, this could now be changed to 'pissed and stout.'

Pissed and gout

Otis

You're quite correct Hill.

Well, shake it up, baby, now, (shake it up, baby)
Twist and shout. (twist and shout)
Cmon cmon, cmon, cmon, baby, now, (come on baby)
Come on and work it all out. (work it all out)

Verse Well, work it on out. (work it on out)
You know you look so good. (look so good)
You know you got me goin, now, (got me goin)
Just like I knew you would. (like I knew you would)

Well, shake it, shake it, shake it, baby, now. (shake it up baby)

RoboCCFC90

A wacky joke, but just remembering that it's seven in the morning and these sort of jokes won't catch on at this time..

The pun intended that we ALL shake it baby but never mind, #WhoNeedsGangnamStyle

Last edited:

Hobo

That's shook him up!

RoboCCFC90

That's shook him up!

Not quite a mixture of being on a dreadful network, travelling to work and being in Devon isn't generally a great combination!

Hobo

Not quite a mixture of being on a dreadful network, travelling to work and being in Devon isn't generally a great combination!

Travelling to work sounds the worst, day off for me, enjoy :)

RoboCCFC90

Travelling to work sounds the worst, day off for me, enjoy :)

I hope you won't be causing trouble on your day off Hobo :D

Hobo

Everyday is pretty much a day off for me.

It's real drudgery.

But you bring a touch of humour into our lives daily Otis. So fair play to you. I appreciate I am fortunate enough to be working and enjoy my job. As for a day off - my lovely wife has left me a list of tasks before she went to work.

Otis

But you bring a touch of humour into our lives daily Otis. So fair play to you. I appreciate I am fortunate enough to be working and enjoy my job. As for a day off - my lovely wife has left me a list of tasks before she went to work.

So therefore my friend, it is time to bring out the Man Book of Excuses.

I use it all the time. My favourite one is 'I was clearing out the loft,' which works every time because she never ever goes in there.

Women don't usually do sheds, garages, lofts or roof tiles.

dadgad

Great song, perfect battle cry of defiance and Oonity!
"Work it on out" shud also appease those dull types who like to complicate things.

Users who are viewing this thread