why no mention of memorial garden (1 Viewer)

moleyskyblue

With the possibility of this ridiculous idea of moving from the ricoh i guess fisher and the rest of the sisu crew have not had any thought about the loyal fans that have had their ashes put in the memorial garden,and the relatives such a myself who granted the wishes of our loved ones who wanted to be remembered near their beloved club.

oakey

CCC will have to step in if the worst happens. They have a duty of care. Our owners?

ashbyjan

Trust has been looking into this and has spoken to ACL. They look after memorial garden and have done since its creation and have assured us they will continue to do so no matter where club plays.

mark82

Trust has been looking into this and has spoken to ACL. They look after memorial garden and have done since its creation and have assured us they will continue to do so no matter where club plays.

I think the point is that these people wanted their final resting place to be next to the home of Coventry City, not an empty stadium.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think the point is that these people wanted their final resting place to be next to the home of Coventry City, not an empty stadium.

interesting though that the club seems hell bent on leaving and has never taken any care of their resting place ................

interesting though that the club seems hell bent on leaving and has never taken any care of their resting place ................

Not surprised at all really......surely means one or two things:

1 - They have no regard for this sort of thing
2 - This is one big bluff about leaving so its not really an issue

Waldorf

I don't think Fisher & Co have given one thought about it. When some real estate is at issue, who cares about the last resting place of a few supporters? I'm afraid that's what happens when you get owners with no connection with the city.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
My mother-in-law said she'd dance all over my grave if I die before her.................

That's why I'm being buried at sea - mid Atlantic! :D

Ashdown1

'The Club' are not hell bent on leaving.........................'The club' is a 130 years old institution. The very temporary and most unscrupulous current custodians would like to leave for their own political and financial motives !!!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
calm down, you know the point i am making ................... the memorial garden opened may 2006 (pre SISU).... as i understand it at no point has the "club" irrespective of who owned it taken care of what should be a special place for club and fans....... someone else has...........

Warwickhunt

you have to remember that the ground is now consecrated and cannot be expunged willy nilly!, makes an intresting point though is if they want to do some building work on the area of consecration? i.e extending, footbridges etc

Nonleagueherewecome

you have to remember that the ground is now consecrated and cannot be expunged willy nilly!, makes an intresting point though is if they want to do some building work on the area of consecration? i.e extending, footbridges etc

Holy Ricoh, Batman! :)

trondegilsoltvedt97

calm down, you know the point i am making ................... the memorial garden opened may 2006 (pre SISU).... as i understand it at no point has the "club" irrespective of who owned it taken care of what should be a special place for club and fans....... someone else has...........

Actually as I understand it you are incorrect. When we had a relative's ashes there, we were very well looked after by Michelle, who worked on the reception at CCFC until her sad death.

shmmeee

Um. What exactly did people want the club to do? Dig it all up and put it in a cupboard at Ryton.

C'mon people lets try to not devolve into silliness (any further).

Users who are viewing this thread