Why is southend match on monday (1 Viewer)

skyblueexile

Probable a dumb question -I thought it may be on tv but nothing on sky!!!!!

Grendel

Some stupid gaming festival.

Otis

Could be good maybe for us though, cause Monday is bank holiday. Maybe might get a decent crowd as a result. A few people go away for August bank holiday and with the 19:45 kick off there is probably more likelihood of more people being available to go.

Could work in our favour.

ccfcway

Got it in ONE! ⚽️ Should take priority but CCFC are way down the list.

what, like when we had to play on Sundays at Sixfields ? Its not ideal, but its where we are. The new stadium should be finished soon shouldn't it RFC ?

Otis

what, like when we had to play on Sundays at Sixfields ? Its not ideal, but its where we are. The new stadium should be finished soon shouldn't it RFC ?

Yep true. Think people forget we had to change games to a Sunday at Northampton, which is a location 34 miles away. Much more of an inconvenience than the odd game moved at home here in Coventry.

ccfc92

Anyone with half a brain, would realise this move isn't the worst thing ever.

It gives us 9 days between Walsall and Southend. (Reda can rest after 3 games in 7 days etc, and we can hopefully recover from the knocks picked up against Walsall, Maddison etc)

Grendel

Yep true. Think people forget we had to change games to a Sunday at Northampton, which is a location 34 miles away. Much more of an inconvenience than the odd game moved at home here in Coventry.

No it isn't because the football league rarely grant these types of dispensation. Next season I would be surprised if they allow it to move so if the football league say no and acl want the event (and any other ones making events over a weekend) we are in big trouble.

Terry Gibson's perm

No it isn't because the football league rarely grant these types of dispensation. Next season I would be surprised if they allow it to move so if the football league say no and acl want the event (and any other ones making events over a weekend) we are in big trouble.

When they sort out the fixtures could they not request an away game, plus it's 50/50 they would be at home anyway.

lifeskyblue

It could be disastrous next season....the football league won't allow this too often. Not sure what the penalties for not fulfilling a fixture cos there another event on might be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfcway

It could be disastrous next season....the football league won't allow this too often. Not sure what the penalties for not fulfilling a fixture cos there another event on might be

and the reason you are unsure is because I would be surprised if it happens that often. Anyone care to highlight some cases ?

Grendel

they best crack on with our stadium then

Well the council said that this was a deal for two clubs to play at the ground.

I'm sure wasps assured them that they will not cause these difficulties next season - wouldn't you think?

lifeskyblue

Well I can't think of any other than teams not fulfilling cos of illness. however of course there are numerous examples of fixtures being changed late cos of TV demands. Probably find if we grease the palms of the football league we just regularly get Monday night football. The football league talk a good fight but usually cave in to business/money ....just look at the case of the ccfc golden share

Grendel

and the reason you are unsure is because I would be surprised if it happens that often. Anyone care to highlight some cases ?

Wasps want to maximise revenue. The clubs £100k is £5k a game. So if they can make more on a Saturday through other means what will they do?

After all as the late departed super wasps fan MMM always said the directors of acl have a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders. So if these events are worth more than us its bye bye ccfc and whatever sneer you have about a new ground that would never be built in 24 months.

So - I'm sure when the council said "two great franchises" are at the Ricoh - they had assurances when the deal was struck to safeguarded the one Coventry franchise in the arrangement,

ccfcway

whatever sneer you have about a new ground that would never be built in 24 months.

So - I'm sure when the council said "two great franchises" are at the Ricoh - they had assurances when the deal was struck to safeguarded the one Coventry franchise in the arrangement,

Why are you ignoring the claims of our owners yet focusing on the claims of the elected council ?

lifeskyblue

football league doing something...hahahahah...most spineless organisation going!

My point exactly

Wasps want to maximise revenue. The clubs £100k is £5k a game. So if they can make more on a Saturday through other means what will they do?

After all as the late departed super wasps fan MMM always said the directors of acl have a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders. So if these events are worth more than us its bye bye ccfc and whatever sneer you have about a new ground that would never be built in 24 months.

I agree with all. Makes you wonder why when it so obvious to you and I that in terms of business wasps will want to maximise revenue even if that at the expense of ccfc....why haven't the plans for a new ground been pushed forward? Perhaps the club doesn't mind the disruption to fans (they didn't when we went to sixfields) as long as they get the cheapest deal possible

stupot07

It's because I'm on holiday on the Saturday. Appreciate the change City :D

Well thank you very much. I'm on holiday Mon-Fri and now I can't go now! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

lifeskyblue

My lad is back at school on the Tuesday. We come over from Leicester...not too far but if we have delays, as with Crewe, it makes it more difficult for him to attend matches in term time (not from his point of view of course but from mine and his mums)

letsallsingtogether

I'm happy they moved it as I am away until Monday morning so I can go now☺

Otis

Of course the playing on Sunday in Northampton was more of an inconvenience than the odd game moved here in Coventry. You can't argue otherwise and it's pointless second guessing what might happen next season.

skybluetony176

At the end of the day on this occasion it's going to give some extra time for those who got injured on Saturday to recover, god knows we all know that Reda could benefit from the rest too and TM said in the CWR Crewe post match interview that Chris Stokes has been playing with a slight injury all season so the extra break will probably help him too. Couple that with hopefully it will allow more fans to go what's the problem?

Otis

At the end of the day on this occasion it's going to give some extra time for those who got injured on Saturday to recover, god knows we all know that Reda could benefit from the rest too and TM said in the CWR Crewe post match interview that Chris Stokes has been playing with a slight injury all season so the extra break will probably help him too. Couple that with hopefully it will allow more fans to go what's the problem?

Yep. If next season is going to be a problem, that is next season. Can't see much wrong at all with the odd game moving here and there at the mo. Sky have been doing that to clubs for years.

letsallsingtogether

Fuckin Wasps all their fault gaming festival, Injuries players tired......
Next they will want to play on the new pitch.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not too fussed as I'm at work that day so can still make the game :)

I don't think the gaming thing is on the pitch so that shouldn't make the issues we had last year.

Otis

Guess we are lucky for the most part (the likes of stupot excepted) that this one has been moved to a bank holiday with most people off and able to go.

Being moved on a normal work day would create a much bigger problem for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread