Why I would sell Maddison (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

They were just loaned, palm offs though weren't they. Wasn't thinking in terms of loans that a club wants to give us, I am talking about us going out and getting the players we want.

I want Maddison ;) . Two turkeys and an eagles do not a Maddison make (although I take your point about them being loanees)

Sky Blue Harry H

They were just loaned, palm offs though weren't they. Wasn't thinking in terms of loans that a club wants to give us, I am talking about us going out and getting the players we want.

.....and..... you're never going to get to your big 10,000 likes if you maintain your standpoint:pointlaugh: (although I've just 'liked' your previous post, as they are usually sensible!)

Ashdown

Your right but you know what happens in reality. Everything in football comes down to 1 thing, money. Always will now. If 1.5Mill + comes in for anyone, you think SISU will say no? NO club keeps their players all of the time. Not even Barca, Real or Bayern. Sweinsteiger? Pedro? etc

I know all that, but if we never keep a decent team together, even for a season then we will never progress again and that is tantamount to a pointless existence as every club has to want more than just survival !

Captain Dart

.....and..... you're never going to get to your big 10,000 likes if you maintain your standpoint:pointlaugh: (although I've just 'liked' your previous post, as they are usually sensible!)

I liked the post because I want to see that 10,000 tick over :cool:

Sky Blue Harry H

I liked the post because I want to see that 10,000 tick over :cool:

I think we should ask Nick to start a sticky thread to donate towards buying a giant flag with a cake with 'OTIS' and 10,000 candles on it, which we could pass up and down the stand (obviously for Health and safety, everybody must agree not to light any of said candles!) :)

Gint11

I know all that, but if we never keep a decent team together, even for a season then we will never progress again and that is tantamount to a pointless existence as every club has to want more than just survival !

But that is exactly what football has become. Look at Southampton. Back in the Premier league, looked on for 4th spot at one stage last season and have still lost 5/6 really good first teamers like Lallana, Lambert, clyne etc.. Unless your already a top, top club or the FA starts capping things, clubs like us will never do very well because the minute a good player comes through they are off. I agree with your point though. Imagine us now with if we Wilson up top, Dann in the back 4 etc etc...

Sky Blue Harry H

But that is exactly what football has become. Look at Southampton. Back in the Premier league, looked on for 4th spot at one stage last season and have still lost 5/6 really good first teamers like Lallana, Lambert, clyne etc.. Unless your already a top, top club or the FA starts capping things, clubs like us will never do very well because the minute a good player comes through they are off. I agree with your point though. Imagine us now with if we Wilson up top, Dann in the back 4 etc etc...

What about the gaggle of Walsall players - Bradshaw, Lalkovic, Mantom, Sawyers.
If Bury can sign Pope, Leon Clarke etc with a crowd of 4,000 on a good day, we ought to be able to compete in this league. We should be able to hold a team together for more than a month after the start of the season before caving in at the first offer of a few quid, when their value is only going to increase, What about the old TF mantra of 'we don't sell at the bottom of a cycle'?!

Last edited:

stupot07

I would be gutted if we sold Maddison without getting at least 1 seasons worth of joy watching him. He's worth the admission fee alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

ready_96

I'm fed up of this...and i'm sure every other City fan is as well. Any phone call TM or waggot gets, even if it's from Wenger himself tell him to fuck off....He shouldn't be sold. TM's made a step towards turning this club around, and if we carry on selling our best players, we're going to get nowhere. The squad atm is lacking physicality and we dont have that strong of a bench. We need two or three players in before the window closes - two of them being strikers.
If we can keep winning games and bring the fans back into the ricoh, it'll be interesting to see where we end up by January. We could be looking at 20K attendances and sitting in a playoff position...TM then adds again in the Jan window and we push on to stay at the top end of the table. Who knows!?!
Just dont sell Madders. Dont sell Fleck. and dont let the geordie go home at january keep him here for the season and let him experience a promotion winning season at 18 years old haha

Last edited:

Wrightdog

That quote answers your question, Bellamy was a good player who went on to be as successful as Robbie Keane at a number of clubs, the problem here was who the manager was and where he played him mainly on the wing. Today we have a proper manager who i believe would sign the right players to progress.

That's true but it was the same manager that bought Keane and Bellamy. My point is, is we have a player here who is young and is performing well who will surely be a key player this season. We could sell him now for a fraction of what his value could be in a couple of years like we did Wilson and then get a few good players in, but you never know if they will be as good, Keane/Bellamy as a good example. I get we need the money in to survive but we need the paying customer in also and to get up the leagues if we're going to survive long term. Selling our best young players will ensure the crowds dwell and were stuck in League 1 or worse until we go under. I also get the player has a say in this but if we're doing well and the player can see we're investing and going places rather than selling each and every player at the first opportunity, maybe the player may think twice before jumping ship.

Gint11

What about the gaggle of Walsall players - Bradshaw, Lalkovic, Mantom, Sawyers.
If Bury can sign Pope, Leon Clarke etc with a crowd of 4,000 on a good day, we ought to be able to compete in this league. We should be able to hold a team together for more than a month after the start of the season before caving in at the first offer of a few quid, when their value is only going to increase, What about the old TF mantra of 'we don't sell at the bottom of a cycle'?!

Nobody in a higher league wants those players with the exception of Bradshaw if he keeps going the way he is. Credit to our Academy though because the talent we are producing is Premier League talent. The other way to do it is to do well with a team of no star players. Easier said than done.

Gint11

You're right, it's that bastien of honesty Fisher we should be listening to.

Shouldn't listen to any of them. They all talk shite. I don't think for a single second the 'whole' business of CCFC is sustainable or making money. My opinion though.

Chipfat

This is no shock really is it,, its inevitable so the club might as well set the valuation, tell the player what the situation is and get on with it.. That way all is out in the open, everyone understands the position and life goes on..

The club need the maximum amount for the player, they also need to tell the player they want you to stay but if an amount is reached they will let him know and its up to him to make your mind up.. The club would also do well to get first refusal on him if he didn't step up and at least a season long loan back to us,, if the club mess about the player will get his head and heart on somewhere else.. We don't want another Wilson situation, If they set a price clubs either match it or walk away with an eye on his progress....

Last edited:

Chipfat

Tell them 10 million or jog on

I think whatever price the club have in mind they should let any interested parties know and say take or leave the boy alone.. He needs to focus on his game and the club,, somehow i fear the club dragging it out playing silly buggers and having another Wilson situation on our hands..

Specs WT-R75

Massive difference between Wilson situation. Namely Bournemouth actually wanted Wilson to play him in the first team... I don't think that Maddison would be under any illusions that a move to Arsenal would be a move to their U21 team... which is why a deal to loan back would be potentially viable.

The only reason that PL clubs do this is because it gives them a potential discount at buying homegrown talent at a knock-down unproven price... so the 10M figure would unfortunately be pie in the sky!

Sick Boy

Then tell him he can go if Arsenal offer 10 million.

Players and agents have a lot more power than you think. If he knows Arsenal are sniffing around his agent will then start to engineer the move. Madison will also approve of course; footballers actually support agents being in the game and see them as essential.

shmmeee

As with any player if he wants off, he wants off. But we don't have to let him go cheaply. He seems to have his head screwed on so I doubt he'll spit his dummy if we put a price tag on his head and say he's not going until it's met.

FRY-CCFC

A similar deal that happened last year was Dele Alli going to Spurs for an initial £5million. He went back on loan to them as well.

I'd imagine the initial fee would be in that region if we are believing the sun.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Players and agents have a lot more power than you think. If he knows Arsenal are sniffing around his agent will then start to engineer the move. Madison will also approve of course; footballers actually support agents being in the game and see them as essential.
Well if I was a footballer I'd want an agent as well.

At the end of the day the player is under contract, meet the asking price or the player isn't going anywhere.

Tonylinc

I have absolutely no idea whether Arsenal have even made an offer but if they have, then lets just accept it. Lets not dwell on the fact that his injury on Saturday simply put paid to our entire strategy and that after which we were unable to deal with the Walsall attack. Lets take the money and run and to hell with the current season and all the fans expectations.

Tonylinc

Going nowhere till at least January now anyway it seems.
Yes, just seen that on Twitter. However, the point remains; how can we even think of selling him when we know how important he is to the way the team operates?

H

Huckerby

All of these threads have been created as a reaction to something written in the sun???!!!
I'd pay more attention if I read it in The Beano

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I have absolutely no idea whether Arsenal have even made an offer but if they have, then lets just accept it. Lets not dwell on the fact that his injury on Saturday simply put paid to our entire strategy and that after which we were unable to deal with the Walsall attack. Lets take the money and run and to hell with the current season and all the fans expectations.

That was just one game though, how would you suggest that Maddison would help with their attack? Would that not be our defenders?

H

Huckerby

That was just one game though, how would you suggest that Maddison would help with their attack? Would that not be our defenders?
Stop it nick, we haven't had anything to cry about for a while it's time for drama. If our owners forked out on better shin pads this wouldn't have even happened

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Yes, just seen that on Twitter. However, the point remains; how can we even think of selling him when we know how important he is to the way the team operates?

If we go unbeaten from now until he comes back, would it be OK to sell him then?

Grendel

How many games have you been to this season Legal Tony?

Users who are viewing this thread