Why I Think We Will Finish In The Top 6 (1 Viewer)

st john

Whether or not there is belief in whether we can make the playoffs from the current position (or auto promotion) all boils down to whether you trust TM & MV's ability as a management team to put together a squad capable of achieving this.

We have just signed 3 new players plus we have a key player coming back from injury, plus suspensions are out of the way for now. Added to this, we can still sign another loan player (or even 2) if needed. This equates to over half a team.
And it's not as if we need an unrealistic run of wins to catch up with the top 6.

The way I look at it is, if we don't get into the top 6 from here there is no reason to think we can ever do it under TM.

Personally I still think he is a very good manager, especially at this level so on that basis I have got to have confidence in our ability to achieve it.

st john

I personally think we dont need signings, we need hard work and a plan b going forward

I agree but I think we will see a new face in the near future if the current squad are still not winning games. A few weeks ago we seemed to be interested in a young Liverpool striker, will be interesting to see if that goes anywhere.

Gazolba

<snip>
And it's not as if we need an unrealistic run of wins to catch up with the top 6.

<snip>

That is exactly what it will take! Your misguided belief is that while we are busily picking up points, the other teams won't get any. In fact, based on the form table, they are more likely to pick up points than we are.

st john

That is exactly what it will take! Your misguided belief is that while we are busily picking up points, the other teams won't get any. In fact, based on the form table, they are more likely to pick up points than we are.

No, what I am saying is, we don't need to catch up from here, we are already in the top 6.

dongonzalos

...........,,,RCC...,,,.,,,

(With a defensive who after last week may actually believe in him. As oppose to feel like they have to cover for him)

Ricketts.Cargill..Stephhens..Stokes

,......Fleck...Vince.......

JOB....,,.........................Murphy

....,,,,....,,,,.maddison
............,,,,,armstrong

Hunt
Cole
Lamieres
Tudguy
Henderson
Martin

Thats why we can finish in the top six.

Last edited:

Otis

No, what I am saying is, we don't need to catch up from here, we are already in the top 6.
Well, sort of, and I know it is just an 'if,' but if Southend and Millwall win their games in hand then we would be out of the top 6.

That's the worry. Not going to say the famous 'out of our hands' line .... oops, I just did.

Fact is, teams are now so close to us now (even Bradford down in 11th place could be within 2 points of us if they were to win their 2 games in hand). We seriously need to be winning game regularly and go on a very good run.

Today is the biggest match of the season without doubt. Lose this and we are bound sure to be out of the top 6 by the time we play Fleetwood and in reality, could be some points adrift of the top 6.

matesx

lose today and we don't deserve to be in the top 6

big pressure on the lads today

a win and its all positivity on here.... a defeat and its "sack TM he blew it"

Sky Blue Kid

TM is an excellent manager, but he's got to stop tinkering with the team. Pick our strongest side and stick with it unless there is an injury. Stop all these stupid tactical substitutions unless it's really needed.

st john

lose today and we don't deserve to be in the top 6

big pressure on the lads today

a win and its all positivity on here.... a defeat and its "sack TM he blew it"

Yes today is a big test of whether we can actually do it. TM proved he can put out a team capable of winning matches over the first part of the season, lets see if that was a fluke or can we do it again in the remaining games with the new players we have.

Gazolba

<snip> Stop all these stupid tactical substitutions unless it's really needed.

Obviously, if he is doing it, he thinks it's needed! I'm not sure we have an obvious strongest team and we need to keep the entire squad match fit because we never know when there could be an injury or suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread