Why don't Coventry City pay their bills? (1 Viewer)

Oli_Watson

I'm confused! Why arent' Coventry paying the rent for the Ricoh? You want to play there so why not pay the money? You can't rent a house for £600pm and then refuse to pay it and only offer £300pm and wonder why you get kicked out

stupot07

House rent argument? Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

T

THE_POSH

i like coventry football club :)
but they should pay there way and not be tight arses.:censored:

RFC

I'm confused! Why arent' Coventry paying the rent for the Ricoh? You want to play there so why not pay the money? You can't rent a house for £600pm and then refuse to pay it and only offer £300pm and wonder why you get kicked out

You're having a laugh!

spider_ricoh

Since when have groundsman started ploughing? Im sure players love playing football on a ploughed field, which would explain choosing sixfields ......

There wasn't much ground maintenance going on in our last season at the Ricoh either, as SISU stopped paying their dues - these were meant to go towards upkeep of the pitch.

stupot07

There wasn't much ground maintenance going on in our last season at the Ricoh either, as SISU stopped paying their dues - these were meant to go towards upkeep of the pitch.

Not totally correct, as last season the groundstaff were employed by the club. The maintenance budget was smaller though to be fair.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The club don't want to rent the Ricoh, they want full ownership.

Spionkop

Oli, they weren't kicked out.
They left so as to cause as much trouble financially for the owners of the stadium as they could.
In the hope of bankrupting them.
And then picking up the stadium dirt cheap.
There is a perfectly good and radically reduced rent offer on the table to Sisu.
They have ignored it.
All part of their wonderful 'master plan.'
They could come back and play at the Ricoh anytime they wanted.
As long as they pay the reasonably set rent offer.
As far as I can see they owe lots of money to various bodies in Coventry.
I've yet to hear of them paying any of it.
The club owners have brought our club to near extinction.

Oli_Watson

Oli, they weren't kicked out.
They left so as to cause as much trouble financially for the owners of the stadium as they could.
In the hope of bankrupting them.
And then picking up the stadium dirt cheap.
There is a perfectly good and radically reduced rent offer on the table to Sisu.
They have ignored it.
All part of their wonderful 'master plan.'
They could come back and play at the Ricoh anytime they wanted.
As long as they pay the reasonably set rent offer.
As far as I can see they owe lots of money to various bodies in Coventry.
I've yet to hear of them paying any of it.
The club owners have brought our club to near extinction.

Mind games, I like it

J

Jack Griffin

Then went to Leicester?

Yeah, in Jan 2014.

PS Who are the groundsmen at Ryton, Ricoh & Higgs centre now? Who are they employed by...

Last edited by a moderator:

stupot07

Misinformation there, Joh Lewridge went to ACL on 30th May, AFTER the season ended (on 27th April 2013).
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/sky-blues-groundsman-defects-work-4031470

Yeah that's what I meant, he was employed by the club during the 2012/13 season so witholding the rent had no impact on the state of the pitch. The reason the pitch was so bad, was a couple of concerts 10-12 Olympic Games, then another 7-8 home cup ties on top of the 23 league games and a cold winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I

iKorraKs

looks like someone thought it would be funny to sign up with my name, poor work-related troll attempt

James Smith

More to the point........Why didn't they purchase the Higgs half of ACL from day one? It would have surely been cheaper than now, then we would have had two seats on the ACL board rather than none, and the ability to influence things in favour of our club. Same goes for the rent, why didn't they seek to reduce the fixed costs when the wage bill was so high?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread