Why does it take so long (1 Viewer)

BornSlippySkyBlue

Thinks he’s been told that the pitch condition has been a big factor in the ongoing negotiations. Don’t have to be brain of Britain to figure out that’d be a massive prerequisite anyway.
Personally find it hard to believe that given all of the other shit flying around, that the pitch (as important as it is) is enough of a reason to keep us playing in a different city. There has to be a solution to that problem because other clubs manage it. So I’m calling bullshit on that one. He’s either being fed snippets of BS (in a ‘useful idiot’ kind of way) or he’s just making it up.

Mucca Mad Boys

Maybe Villa are going to give rugby a try, they aren't having much luck with football.

Isn't that the idiot that claimed he'd wanted to play at the Ricoh all his life despite him being born about 25 years before it was built?

Don’t knock Goodey! Jim Hamilton and himself run a good Rugby podcast! Both Cov boys too.

He was still playing rugger when the RICOH opened so he probably meant it as an ambition to play there as the venue has hosted rugby matches since 2006/07 kind of range. My guess is that ‘all his life’ probably wasn’t meant literally.

Colin Steins Smile

Don’t knock Goodey! Jim Hamilton and himself run a good Rugby podcast! Both Cov boys too.

He was still playing rugger when the RICOH opened so he probably meant it as an ambition to play there as the venue has hosted rugby matches since 2006/07 kind of range. My guess is that ‘all his life’ probably wasn’t meant literally.
Back off Goode. He used to attend the cities hone games with his mum, who was a season ticket holder and his Dad had a season ticket at Cov RFC. . I’m sure he’d have loved to play for Cov if they’d been in the Premiership

Mucca Mad Boys

Back off Goode. He used to attend the cities hone games with his mum, who was a season ticket holder and his Dad had a season ticket at Cov RFC. . I’m sure he’d have loved to play for Cov if they’d been in the Premiership

We’re on the same side here!

letsallsingtogether

F&B is always the sticking point, city think they should already get a good % of match day revenue from f&b, as they would already be paying wasps rent. wasps think it's there stadium they should have It all and the rent. There is possibly a deal to share a percentage, but not enough for city. The longer wasps remain in financial trouble the more likely it is for city to get a bigger percentage. If we go back to stans next season , by the season after if wasps haven't gone out of business they will be begging city to come back, they just haven't lost enough money just yet.wankers.
From what I've heard F and B has already been agreed the sticking point is the rent.
City want to pay the same as at SA wasps want more.
Also believe the rent at SA will go up in line with what Brum pay to play there.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Personally find it hard to believe that given all of the other shit flying around, that the pitch (as important as it is) is enough of a reason to keep us playing in a different city. There has to be a solution to that problem because other clubs manage it. So I’m calling bullshit on that one. He’s either being fed snippets of BS (in a ‘useful idiot’ kind of way) or he’s just making it up.
He’s making it up. I’ve just found out he blocked me anyway.

I’ve called him out for his bullshit regularly. The guy is a fantasist

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

From what I've heard F and B has already been agreed the sticking point is the rent.
City want to pay the same as at SA wasps want more.
Also believe the rent at SA will go up in line with what Brum pay to play there.
I doubt that. Rumour is we’re paying 1 million a year. No way are blues paying over a mill to play at their own ground

pipkin73

Is that per annum or for the 25 years. Also as they rent the stadium for the full year are they then subletting to us and our rent covers most of there rent?

Tommo1993

Administration on the cards for Blues then. Sooner or later they’ll be playing L1 football, 1.25m isn’t sustainable

chiefdave

Administration on the cards for Blues then. Sooner or later they’ll be playing L1 football, 1.25m isn’t sustainable
Are they actually paying £1.25m or is it dodgy accounting for FFP? Seems to be popular at the moment but can't help feeling its going to cause a lot of clubs trouble long term.

AStonesThrow

Back in around 2009/2010 my mum was one of his mums carers, pretty sure she said he was nice enough if not a little odd

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Is that per annum or for the 25 years. Also as they rent the stadium for the full year are they then subletting to us and our rent covers most of there rent?
Apparently per annum. No wonder they’re keen for us to be there
Are they actually paying £1.25m or is it dodgy accounting for FFP? Seems to be popular at the moment but can't help feeling its going to cause a lot of clubs trouble long term.
i think it is. Because they’re paying the lease I think they avoid the scrutiny that Sheffield Wednesday, Derby and Villa get - it’s effectively a loan they’ve received.

I still don’t think they can raise our rent though. That lease came into play following our agreement with them

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's a cost so has no bearing on FFP.

It is going to be a big problem long term but it's owners profiteering from the club by getting rent and land value transferred to their control. Plus if the club don't have he funds they then lend the club the money (with interest) just to get it straight back again. It's a nice racket.

Plus if we ever got a foothold into the Ricoh this is the arrangement we'd have. SISU controlled company owning the stadium and renting it to the club.

win9nut

It's a cost so has no bearing on FFP.

It is going to be a big problem long term but it's owners profiteering from the club by getting rent and land value transferred to their control. Plus if the club don't have he funds they then lend the club the money (with interest) just to get it straight back again. It's a nice racket.

Plus if we ever got a foothold into the Ricoh this is the arrangement we'd have. SISU controlled company owning the stadium and renting it to the club.
It doesn't really matter though so long as the stadium and the club are in the same group for revenue purposes.
Plus let's face it, if Sisu want to make money on their investment, who in their right mind would buy CCFC without the Ricoh or another sustainable long term stadium solution included in the purchase?

Users who are viewing this thread