Why did we lose? (1 Viewer)

japandy

1) Was it because Micky Adam has seen us every game and did his homework right? 2) Was it the player feel relaxed now the -10 points has been wiped off? 3) Was it carelessness on behalf of some of the players? I feel very proud to be a CCFC fan. We have arguably the best team we have had for years and the manager 'knows what he is doing'. Of course we have off the field problems but they will be resolved one day. Every club have their problems and I can honestly say I WOULD NEVER WANT TO SUPPORT ANOTHER TEAM. PUSB

TheRoyalScam

They scored more goals than us.
Therefore they 'won' and we 'lost'.
This is how a lot of team games are decided.
Golf is slightly different in that the player or team with the lowest number of shots is the winner.
If we were playing Port Vale on a golf hole and they took three shots while we only took two, then we would have won.
But we weren't.
It was a game of football.

And Jordan Clarke couldn't cope with the aerial bombardment.
And our midfield is better attacking than defending.

_brian_

Golf is slightly different in that the player or team with the lowest number of shots is the winner.
If we were playing Port Vale on a golf hole and they took three shots while we only took two, then we would have won.
But we weren't.

And Jordan Clarke couldn't cope with the aerial bombardment.
And our midfield is better attacking than defending.

It's good, but slightly lost its impact following jimmyhillsfanclub's post! That's the key to comedy...

<pause for a moment to get the full effect of this joke>

...timing!!! LOL!

Marty

Failed to make changes at around 65-70 minutes when they were badly needed.

pusbccfc

Murphy could of saved the 3rd one IMO.

Kingokings204

Murphy should of saved 3rd one no doubts, he messed up there but that would of papered over serious cracks. deserved to lose.

Kingokings204

also im not buying this "its only little details to why we concede so many goals" cobblers. (no pun intended) we concede goals because we are not very organised and/or imo not dedicated enough. I mean all 3 goals if someone wanted to just smash the ball or have a good rock hard tackle then would they of scored?

SkyBlueScottie

We sat back, this gave the impetus to pin us back there and we could not cope with the aerial presence, or more to the point we tried to cope with their aerial threat and didn't have a plan b, ie attacking the 2nd ball.

Sky Blue Kid

Do you realise that only 3 teams in the whole of L1 have a worse "Goals against" record?...Does that answer your question?

shy_tall_knight

Didn't take our opportunities in the first half, Callum should have scored at 0-0 in on goal and put it wide, Moussa should have scored at 0-1 shot wide from a good position.

Didn't shoot when in good positions in the second half notably wilson and adams.

Gave the ball away in the second half Baker's pass completion stats would be shocking to read.

Defence crumbled under pressure, Webster does not seem a natural leader.

Leon's free kicks deflated the sba as well as his own team mates

Sky Blue Kid

"Canyouhearthedrums"..But goals against away from home? I bet it isn't anywhere near as bad...................................................................Wrong, it's fairly even 9 conceded at home...7 conceded away!

FabianDebec

I honestly believe this loss is down to pressure. Being that we have a very young team, when we play at home it is in front of a couple of thousand so the usual fan pressure simply isn't there allowing for the lads to relax a bit more. On Saturday it was one of the first occasions where they had a big crowd expecting a result hence once things started to get nervy they didn't have the expierence to know how to grind out a result. I'm just glad we've finally got an exciting team to watch and support, they're certainly over achieving on my pre season expectations so far.

Covstu

I think it is a fair point about clearing the ten points though, it could be that they have too the foot off the gas but still encouraging we can score two goals.

Paxman II

Poor defending more anything cost us the game. Pressley knows it. It's not that Clarke is bad, in fact played well but has more to do with the partnership of the back 4. It just doesn't gel right and lacks a commanding figure.

skybluefred

If the likes of Charlton can pick up a terrific Centre-Half for free in the close season, I wonder why we didn,t try to sign him.

Oops,I forgot we gave him away.Wonder if that,s why we concede so many soft goals?

Nick

Administrator
If the likes of Charlton can pick up a terrific Centre-Half for free in the close season, I wonder why we didn,t try to sign him.

Oops,I forgot we gave him away.Wonder if that,s why we concede so many soft goals?

The thing is, Richard Wood was probably one of our highest earners if not THE highest earner.

But we weren't.

Isn't it also ironic that when somone is unwell they feel below par - surely they should feel above par!

Poor defending more anything cost us the game. Pressley knows it. It's not that Clarke is bad, in fact played well but has more to do with the partnership of the back 4. It just doesn't gel right and lacks a commanding figure.

Totally agree - but do you feel Webster is the player to achieve this? Personally I don't

ps1948

Our defence gave away three very soft goals, although my take on the third goal was that Murphy had made a tremendous initial save, and couldn't recover in time to stop Birchall scoring.......credit should go to Mickey Adams for changing things round at half-time, I think we could have changed things a little earlier (Baker had a mare in the second half), and I think the ref allowing the Vale players to get away with several bad challenges gave them the chance to rough us up

Users who are viewing this thread