Why are we not breaking even (1 Viewer)

ccfcchris

They've been in charge for several years now and have sold almost anything of any value.
So the burning question has to be why are we still losing millions each month. I don't believe a shrinking fan base can be the main reason so is it really players wages?
Looking at the amount of kids we are playing I find it hard to believe our wage bill can be that high nowadays so where is the money going?
Anyone aware of the amounts we may be paying ex managers? If they want us to trust them with more money we need answers.
I'm also assuming we are sill 30m in debt and dropping down the leagues.

I think you summed it up, they sold anything of value. Something that is valuable is usually only that because it is profitable. Take Turner, Rock Solid defender helps you to stay in the league. Prozone, a profitable business. etc

much love

ccfcchris

The thing is Rich most of us understand the need to get the books balanced and the need to have a budget but they have to invest a certain amount in the club at some stage or the club will die in it's present form.
We know the rot started years ago but at some stage we have to say hang on you've been in charge for 4yrs (is it now) what have you done apart from get us relegated still moan we are losing millions every month and owe in total 30m ish
The buck stops now SISU where's the money gone/going and what is the plan.

Si80

Fag packet figures.....

ST sales = 9k tickets @ £300 = £2.7M PA
Average gate of 12K this year (guestimate) = 3K extra a week paying £24 per game. This is £1.65M PA
Shirt sales = Generous sales? 5k shirts @ £35 each = £175,000

Total income = £4.5M PA

Outgoings:
Rent - £1.2M
Wages - I've gone with the following (per week):

Murphy - 6k
Dunn - 2k
Ireland - 1k
Clarke - 2k
Christie - 1k
Wood - 5k
Keogh - 5k
Cranie - 6k
Cameron - 2k
Hussey - 1.5k
Bell - 4k
Baker - 3k
Clingan - 8k
Thomas - 1k
Bigi - 1k
O'donovan - 1.5k
Platt - 1.5k
Eastwood - 8k
McDonald - 4
Sheffers - 7k
Deegan -2k
Jeffers - 1.5k

That's £3.85M PA

So rough income = £4.5M
Rough outgoings = £5.05M

So we're £500k down PA before we even start going with last years crop of players. That'll obviously change this season with Clingan, Keogh, Cranie & Eastwood all going from the wage bill.

You totally forgot about commercial income, Boxes, Corporate tickets etc.

Lets add on 30 boxes at £800 per match - £24,000 per match - £576,000 per season.
Then lets go for 200 corporate tickets at £60 each - £12,000 per match - £288,00 per season.
Matchball Sponsorship £1000 per match - £24,000 per season
Advertising Boards 50 per match £500 each - £25,000 per match - £600,000 per season
Player Sponsorship - 24no. £1000 each - £24,000 per match - £576,000 per season

So we may as well call that another million income, before we get to sponsorship, merchandise and programmes. You are also forgetting outgoings such as back room staff most notably the manager and the mortgage on Ryton, utility bills etc. You are such a long way out with the fag packet figures. Lets just leave that sort of stuff to OSB.

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/page/HospitalityBrochure/0,,10269,00.html

Last edited:

Stevec189

Your player wages are light if it is true that Connor Thomas got £30K for his 1 month in the first team. Even if it was half this that is certainly more than £4K you estimate would give. I think our playing wage bill would be nearer £5.5 Million. This would fit with the statement from TF that last years player budget exceeds next years income which is 50% down on the season just gone.

Si80

Well I did say it was only fag packet :D.... But take into account everything you've added. That's £2M there or thereabouts added to income. So we are what, £1.5M up before we start paying off directors wages, Ryton remortgage, backroom staff and loan repayments on circa £30M?

When you take that into account, even if it is fag packet you can gut feel that it's very close when it comes to 'break even'.

Let's be honest though, we are never going to be as fortunate as the Everton fans who called to see where the money goes and have a detailed response from our board, are we?

WillieStanley

I think you summed it up, they sold anything of value. Something that is valuable is usually only that because it is profitable. Take Turner, Rock Solid defender helps you to stay in the league. Prozone, a profitable business. etc

much love

It was my theory that SISU didn't want the club OR the stadium. I thought they were merely after Prozone. RR would only let them have it if they bought him a football club to run. That wen't tits up and they sack RR, get stuck with the club and are forced to sell Prozone anyway.

Not so sure now!!

OyJimmy

I do wonder why Sisu aren't publishing last years accounts. Perhaps we are doing better than they want the council to think! Can we get sufficient detail from last years accounts to try and guestimate last years accounts?

Users who are viewing this thread