Why are threads locked? (1 Viewer)

edgy

if certain people don't like them?

Very odd set up.

mark82

It is quite annoying. Sometimes it's warranted but others are just stopped because someone doesn't agree with what is being said or where someone has got their information from (see Ade Akinfenwa thread). If people have had enough of a thread just stop commenting. Don't lock for everyone else.

I have locked a couple, cause they are just silly rumours from a proven site full of bs. Please do send one of the mods a pm if you have any issues with anything on the site.

Nick

Administrator
Again, I like to let threads flow.

I have put a post in the mod's forum asking things not to be locked unless 100% needed ;)

torchomatic

I notice one thread was locked when someone posted that it should be. They had their wish granted. I think they're locked a little too quickly in some cases.

mark82

I have locked a couple, cause they are just silly rumours from a proven site full of bs. Please do send one of the mods a pm if you have any issues with anything on the site.

Who are the mods? I only access from iPhone so not obvious.

Nick

Administrator
If people have an issue with it being locked, just drop us a PM and we will have a look :)

mark82

Maybe a separate section for transfer rumours like there is for match discussions?

Nick

Administrator
I did have a sub forum for Transfer Rumours, nobody used it and it just confused people :(

chiefdave

how about when a mod locks a thread before they lock it they post to say why. that way if anyone disagrees they know who to PM.

mark82

I did have a sub forum for Transfer Rumours, nobody used it and it just confused people :(

Seems you can't win either way. I think generally you guys do a good job. I guess the decision on whether a thread should be locked is very subjective. There are certainly a number I would have locked that ended up rumbling on for days.

Seems you can't win either way. I think generally you guys do a good job. I guess the decision on whether a thread should be locked is very subjective. There are certainly a number I would have locked that ended up rumbling on for days.

PM us if you would like to see any locked and we can consider it. We don't know what people want unless they tell us.

usskyblue

Rumours are just that...some are bs, some are true...what's the problem? Discussing a possible player has its own merits because people have their own opinions about them. If someone thinks it's bs and not worth the effort, they won't post. Why lock it up?

If you only discussed the truth on here, there'd be eff all to talk about...

Trouble is, the rumours need some grounding. The football rumours website is bs. Go on there and post that we are signing messi and ronaldo on free loans and it'll appear on there.

usskyblue

Why does anything need grounding? This is a fan forum...not an official representation of the clubs activities!

Fans kick shit around, the game is based on rumour until the club announces a signing.

Even if it is bs, why not talk about it?

usskyblue

He deleted his post saying that I was a new poster, that I posted a rumour and hadn't visited the newbie forum to say hi...

What time is art therapy on here?

Nick

Administrator
Nobody has reported any threads for a while...

Just drop me a PM if something seems like it was locked when it shouldnt be :)

rob9872

I want to be a mod too now just so I can see the secret "mods forum". :)

LastGarrison

Got to say Nick seems to run this forum pretty well and if some of his moderators followed suit a bit it would be a lot better board.

Some people just like the power I suppose.....

Users who are viewing this thread