Who's responsible? (2 Viewers)

skybluebeduff

I was told by a steward that a lot of you scum are coming for entertainment on childrens tickets - crime punishable by hanging clearly
They are just protecting the children from the entertainments horror, they should be rewarded! ;)

Warwickhunt

I got searched, then the bloke in front was pissing about with his ticket so I went to go in the next one and the same steward tried to search me again.

Must have been on the same chemicals the players were.
Searched the Bloke in front of me made him put his arms out, take of his cap but never checked his bag on his back
fell about pissing myself, steward took umbridge and walked off to another turnstyle

Nick

Administrator
I can understand checking to see if somebody is using a kid's ticket, don't get the checking on the steps or the silly searches that aren't even done properly.

westofrayne

T21 last night had ticket checked then moved to turnstile, only to have a grubby man start patting me down. I told him politely to remove his hands from me as he had not request to search me. As soon as I asked him to stop a senior(?) 'orange jacket' stood in front of me and said you ain't getting in if we don't search you. I asked (politely) why I was not asked to be searched and pointed out they cannot search without permission. The Orange jacket started to get heated and raise his voice. I then asked him "what if I object to being searched and don't want you to do it" he said "you ain't getting in and your going over there" (pointing to Tesco). The first steward then asked my permission and I allowed him to search me and I went into the ground. I have raised this with the club, and received the stock "We will look into it" response.

1. Being searched I don't object to, but having someone start patting me down without asking permission I do object to, they are required to ask permission to search, its part of their training.

2. As for the "Orange jacket" saying "you ain't getting in and your going over there" (pointing to Tesco) - This could be taken in a number of ways

Nick

Administrator
The ones in orange piss me off, usually think they are hard as nails and probably did a basic course to be a bouncer so they can wear an ID card on their arm.

Have never personally had an issue with them, but have seen it when they are dying to kick off.

covcity4life

i got padded down yesterday and he felt my coat pocket that had a wallet,phone,inhaler and chocolate bar in it. stopped for a second at that point

i said you want me to take it out and he said nah mate your alright lol

what was point then?

skybluedan

i got padded down yesterday and he felt my coat pocket that had a wallet,phone,inhaler and chocolate bar in it. stopped for a second at that point

i said you want me to take it out and he said nah mate your alright lol

what was point then?

They heard about your rep from giblet mate

Sky Blue Pete

I took umbridge. It's a civil liberties matter. I'll refuse next time and if they frisked my son I'd make a formal complaint

italiahorse

Oh no, someone has pointed a finger at wasps.....and right on cue he's fighter fighter Italia..

Yes, the recent searches has been influenced by recent events, they have however checked tickets all season. Wasps probably don't bother as a) they haven't had protests and b) they aren't being scrutinised by another body (like wasps are of ccfc stewards)

Heard this a number of times, told Last about it in a pm back in September. Heard it again this week and from a very reliable source someone from inside the ccfc stewards camp.

If you don't believe it, fair enough, I'm only passing on info I've been told.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I can probably comment on this as I go to both.
Not defending anybody on this but if you don't want all the facts before you start quoting some rumour as relevant then fair enough.
The relevant part of my post is that it's influenced by CCFC as a result of recent events.

stupot07

I can probably comment on this as I go to both.
Not defending anybody on this but if you don't want all the facts before you start quoting some rumour as relevant then fair enough.
The relevant part of my post is that it's influenced by CCFC as a result of recent events.
You haven't posted any facts.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mcbean

Its sad because now there are no pies the response mob are not as big as the Billy Bunters that used to lope along the touchline at the end of the game - destroying my enjoyment of some of the bright spots of the game !

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

if there was an attack and people got hurt people would be outraged. let them search who they want

Don't think the searchings the issue, it's the manner in which and worryingly it appears they don't know what they're looking for or feeling stuff but not checking.

I had an iPhone charger in my jacket pocket didn't realise til the chap touched it and moved on and I checked inside, surely he should be checking what he felt?

Either do it politely and properly or don't do it at all.

It appears to be done just to tick a few boxes and piss people off.

Nick

Administrator
if there was an attack and people got hurt people would be outraged. let them search who they want

I'd take issue with them trying to search my daughter to be honest, especially some strange old woman with 2 teeth like they usually have.

She would probably be a bit scared by it.

Nick

Administrator
Don't think the searchings the issue, it's the manner in which and worryingly it appears they don't know what they're looking for or feeling stuff but not checking.

I had an iPhone charger in my jacket pocket didn't realise til the chap touched it and moved on and I checked inside, surely he should be checking what he felt?

Either do it politely and properly or don't do it at all.

It appears to be done just to tick a few boxes and piss people off.

Exactly, it's not done properly anyway so why bother at all.

covcity4life

properly checking i understand, i posted same earlier about how i was checked

kids wise i have to disagree, as long as it is same sex steward and is no more than a pad down i dont have a huge issue with it. terrorits or protesters, some of them would probably smuggle stuff in using kids if they wanted.

rupert_bear

What is the law regarding searching outside the stadium is it public or private land ? Public land is a police issue I think as for frisking kids that's a dangerous thing to do, one complaint of inappropriate touching and that will spell problems for the steward involved and kill off any searching.

Nick

Administrator
What is the law regarding searching outside the stadium is it public or private land ? Public land is a police issue I think as for frisking kids that's a dangerous thing to do, one complaint of inappropriate touching and that will spell problems for the steward involved and kill off any searching.

Private Land isn't it when you get to by the turnstyles?

duffer

I think it's usually a condition of entry that you allow yourself to be searched on entering a football ground. In essence, it's part of the contract when you buy your ticket.

However, as I understand it a steward must ask your permission before conducting a search, must be of the same sex as you, and there should be another steward present and able to witness the search. You are allowed to refuse a search, and the steward is allowed to deny you entry if you do so.

As for searching children, I think that's a grey area. For accompanied children I think the steward would have to get the permission of the adult accompanying them, and if it was my children I think I'd be well within my rights to insist that any search that involved touching them could only be carried out by someone who could be clearly identified as having passed appropriate safeguarding procedures - e.g. CRB checks. I wouldn't refuse a search, I'd just insist that it was conducted under appropriate conditions and if the club couldn't match that then I'd expect to be granted entry.

As for forcing people through specific turnstiles, then that seems petty to me, and unnecessary given that all turnstiles seem to be able to accept any ticket and movement within the area below the seats is ample and uncontrolled for the most part. Long queues are flashpoints for anger and frustration, and it seems to me that human nature is generally to move on to find the next shortest queue which speeds up ingress overall and benefits everyone. When numbers are so low, it just seems like madness having these endless second checks and fussing about - perhaps if we were getting 30,000 I could understand it.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Private Land isn't it when you get to by the turnstyles?

I think it's part of the ground regulations (small print in tickets etc) that you may be subject to a search and must comply etc otherwise you cannot enter but the search isn't compulsory in respect of every person.

italiahorse

So what's your point?

When somebody says "they search people at Wasps and check their tickets" it is then relevant for you to say they never have for you.
I've never seen it and I've been to every game
The point you miss (again) is that it's seems CCFC specific based on recent events.
Keep up the good work keeping threads going.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

The point you miss (again) is that it's seems CCFC specific based on recent events.

Searches have been in place for a while just seemed to have become more poorly managed and a higher majority searched.

Worst I've witnessed was the televised 3-0 defeat to Swindon a couple of years ago Monday night hardly anyone there, outside a lady 70/80's appeared to be on her own had her bag (the way I described it to the club was like seagulls in a chip wrapper) by a 'response' steward, then another appeared and in the end 3 were around her, stuff falling out it was a damp horrible Monday night in January at that point I really began to take all of these hurdles to watch by team play and lose more personally. I messaged the club they said it'd be passed on etc.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

In my personal view the club need to come out and either stand by what's happening at the turnstiles, the stewarding, the upset and frustration it causes and say they're happy with it or come out and say no our 'customers' should not be treated like this but to a large degree it is out of our hands but we are trying to resolve the issue to allow for a better match day 'experience'.

The silence and current manner of events really is driving fans away.

Nick

Administrator

What shit are you talking now "keeping the threads going"? Is that an argument of some sort, because it just makes you look like another silly old twat who has read somebody else say something and thought you could try and use it. Meanwhile, you make yourself look a twat by keeping the thread going yourself.

Yes, it is CCFC specific, nobody has said it isn't and that they do it at Wasps games....

Captain Dart

I cant help thinking after such articles that things are being positioned so that it is easier for CCFC to leave, and that suits more than one side of this saga
Looking like it.

Captain Dart

In my personal view the club need to come out and either stand by what's happening at the turnstiles, the stewarding, the upset and frustration it causes and say they're happy with it or come out and say no our 'customers' should not be treated like this but to a large degree it is out of our hands but we are trying to resolve the issue to allow for a better match day 'experience'.

The silence and current manner of events really is driving fans away.

Background.
C6-XLNsWsAAp4-J.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread