Who's familiar with league one then? (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

This has been touched on before, but as we are very close to the start of the season, I wondered what peoples expectations were on the pitch in this league?

I personally saw Southampton a lot in League One (inlaws are season ticket holders).

My biggest observation is that there is actually some real quality in this league that can do some real damage in attack, as well as some dominant defenders.

The common things that nearly all League One players lack:

Consistency
Composure
Concentration

These three things were common themes around our squad last season. Most of them were capable but would let themselves down. We were often punished for our lack of composure, poor concentration and inconsistency.

It will be interesting to see us play teams that will miss sitters, scuff the final pass, or gift a penalty/goal with a defensive clanger.

We WILL compete in this League (once we gel) and i for one can't bloody wait!!!!

PUSB
:claping hands:

Last edited:

Tank Top

AS well as Wolves/Man City/Villa/Leeds/Sheff Wed and Forest to name but a few.:claping hands:

Its noticeable that the above mentioned clubs are bigger and have a far greater Heritage than ourselves.
Our success in the third tier will be reflective of our owners desire to move the club foreward,without the full support, and will of Sisu, we will go nowhere, it would be nice for our owners to show some kind of .
enthusiasm by attending a few matches, my view is, that sisu and CCFC stand in complete isolation to each other, Sisu cant be asked to get involved as supporters of the club, whilst "The Club" have been seriously underfunded, before the players kick off, what is needed is a clear declaration of intent to drive the club forward, this would motivate the football club and the fans.
Regards.Tankie

kg82

Can anyone actually imagine promotion?! I can't, I hardly know what its like to finish in the top half of a table!!

But I am really hoping for promotion.

Hugh Jarse

Can't imagine us going up either. I think we might be in for a bit of a reality check in Division 1. We are not automatic promotion candidates as some may have you believe, there are some half decent teams in this league and it would be foolish to think of ourselves as something we are not.

Beware should be our watchword for next season!

kg82

Can't imagine us going up either. I think we might be in for a bit of a reality check in Division 1. We are not automatic promotion candidates as some may have you believe, there are some half decent teams in this league and it would be foolish to think of ourselves as something we are not.

Beware should be our watchword for next season!

Actually, I think our word for next season should be positivity. Any caution or wariness and we will crash and burn.

Ryan Parfrey

At the end of the day this season can go horribley wrong or very good! in my opinion i think the squad is good enough with the addition of Jennings and this trialist if he is any good. We have a squad of players that can compete for the starting line-up which is a very positive thing and we can make subs in the game which will change things. I do feel that come January time we will need to make an additional loan to give us that extra push and to not sell anyone! Lets get behind the lads whatever happens!

covcity4life

yes its hard to imagine success but facts are we should expect a promotion challenge!

yeh malaga,edge are unknowns

but ball has played champiosnhip footy for derby and is highly rated

barton seems to have it all technically

reece brown has a very successfull brother and is also from man utd,must be something there?

fleck has all potential to smash L1, he has 4-5 goals in friendlies already

coupled with players in our current squad who have done OK at championship level(and some have great track records in L1) we should be positive,we have a squad that can compete!

skybluemark666

My thoughts on this i we have to try hard to make the play off's. Somebody has said already their is some strong teams in league 1 i went to bournemouth last season a few times as my young nephew follows them he's 8 and they have good squad and sheffield plus pomp if still in business after Friday. so unless we want promotion then look 2 play off's and anything more is a bounis play up sky blues

RichieGunns

Actually, I think our word for next season should be positivity. Any caution or wariness and we will crash and burn.

Nice to know there's someone else on the website that knows what the word positive means lol. So much negativity will destroy this club. Time to start thinking positively and supporting the lads. The away fans showed true spirit last year with their constant support of the lads even when the chips were down. It's time all the fans took on this attitude. We'd be in such a better place if we did!

covcity4life

My thoughts on this i we have to try hard to make the play off's. Somebody has said already their is some strong teams in league 1 i went to bournemouth last season a few times as my young nephew follows them he's 8 and they have good squad and sheffield plus pomp if still in business after Friday. so unless we want promotion then look 2 play off's and anything more is a bounis play up sky blues

pompey have about 3 players

your just scared for the sake of being scared.

D

Deleted member 4232

It's going to be a good league. I don't think many if any people on this board believe because of our history, we have a god given right to walk the league. I for one will enjoy the scrap.

I think there are more than likely a fair proportion of people on this site who are stating that we should be top six / should gear up for a long, hard season without a workable knowledge of the other squads and our new additions. I hope for a better league finish than I have probably ever seen, I hope to be challenging in and around the Play Offs, but this is something of the unknown for me. I know that I will find failure even more of a disappointment in this League than last season, as there have been some new additions and we are playing at a lower level. I am optimistic and hopeful because I often am as regards City... I am not expectant primarily because I don't have the knowledge to back this up, much more so than because I am used to being served up shit as a Cov fan.

yes its hard to imagine success but facts are we should expect a promotion challenge!

yeh malaga,edge are unknowns

but ball has played champiosnhip footy for derby and is highly rated

barton seems to have it all technically

reece brown has a very successfull brother and is also from man utd,must be something there?

fleck has all potential to smash L1, he has 4-5 goals in friendlies already

coupled with players in our current squad who have done OK at championship level(and some have great track records in L1) we should be positive,we have a squad that can compete!

I agree entirely - overall the squad has depth, character and quality to take this league by storm - in addition there are young bulls wanting to impress and old stagers ready to bring egos back to reality.

Can't wait - will be a roller coaster ride hopefully similar to our last promotion drive of yesteryear and I think majority of fans are getting increasingly "a bit excited" in anticipation of the P word.

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread