Who's emerged as a star from the friendlies (1 Viewer)

steve82

Every year someone emerges from the group as a player who's clicked, matured, and poised to take there chance in the 1st team.
For me it looks like Kyle Spence, he looks like he may well push himself into the 1st team plans.
George Thomas too I feel will be far move involved this year, if he just finds that killer strikers touch.
What's the thoughts of others, and those who have seen the friendlies?
Ps I'll put the first shit comment of all of the kids as we've no one else line... Sorry to piss on your chips. Chin up.
PUSB.

Hobo

Not convinced about any of them to be fair. Not saying we haven't got some promising youngsters. But no one seems ready to pull on a shirt and call it their own week in week out.

dongonzalos

TM said 4 maybe at push 5 from today will be in the first team
The rest will be developing in the under 21's

So that's
RCC
Vlad
Rose
Sordell
Willis or Haynes

Not playing but likely to make the team

Reid (if signed)
Mccan (if signed)
Ricketts
Stokes

Lameries?

So there must be another two/three signings on the way

steve82

I think a lot will depend on what happens with Kyle Reid and Fabien Robért, but yes I think a impact sub role is on the cards for him, maybe more if neither player signs or he continues to develop in the u21's.

stupot07

TM said 4 maybe at push 5 from today will be in the first team
The rest will be developing in the under 21's

So that's
RCC
Vlad
Rose
Sordell
Willis or Haynes

Not playing but likely to make the team

Reid (if signed)
Mccan (if signed)
Ricketts
Stokes

Lameries?

So there must be another two/three signings on the way
I'd presumed he was talking about 4 or 5 of thr kids pushing in around the first team, not RCC, Rose, Willis Ghadzev and Sordell (and probably Haynes given hes already made 55 apps) who are a given. I'd guess those 4-5 he expects to be around thr first team are harries, Dion kelly-evans, Spence, Thomas and probably Stephenson

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

stupot07

The very underrated Tudguy - two against Sturm Graz best team we have faced! Closely followed by Spence and then Gadhzev
Wasnt trying majority of the stern Graz team their 'b'/u21 team? Didn't their first team have a game the day before?

Last edited:

SkyBlueScottie

Wasnt trying majority of the stern Graz team their 'b'/u21 team? Didn't their first team have a game the day before?
Not quite, it was a mixtures of U21's and first team. For instance, one of the centre half's who played, has 4 full international caps for Germany. The forward is a current Austrian international. First team Capt also played in Midfield, alongside a younger player who had previously won the Austrian league twice with Salzburg.

stupot07

Fair enough but it was nowhere near as strong as Norwich's side last night, which was pretty much their first 11.

shelby76

Spence looks versatile can dribble has good range of passing technical ability of the scale reminds me of sterling for some reason, him and jones need to play together, harries i like a lot very technical for cb, thomas is a stoic think he should have been give more of a chance last season over armstrong. Just shows how much we need Our academy to keep the conveyor belt roling we have a very good crop this season.

torchomatic

I've only seen the Nuneaton one, although we're going to the Donny one on Friday night. Spence shone for me during the Nuneaton game definitely.

dongonzalos

I have re read it and I still think he is saying only 4-5 of that 11 on the pitch will be his first choice 11
So that's hopefull in terms of new signings

stevefloyd

Ghadzev has impressed me with his coolness on the ball his range of passing has been pretty good, Spence looks very lively and skilfull, not that it will benefit us much but I think he will win us a fair few free kicks, Stevenson also looked quite composed, Whitmore looks a pretty decent full back too
Not sure on the DKE twins, maybe too lightweight but don't think they are ready yet, Harries just scares the life out of me, not even sure he has a football brain I thought he was dreadful at Nuneaton in pre season last year and this year looks to be even worse, Rose has also disappointed me so far along with Reuben for the 'senior' players. Haynes has looked a little livelier but still scares me if he has the ball too near our goal

Ashdown

The question will be how many of them will cope with the physicality of League 1 and the appalling protection they will get from second rate Refs. Will they be able to shine when the tackles and bullying begins. You need some steel in this league, who provides that ?

steve82

The question will be how many of them will cope with the physicality of League 1 and the appalling protection they will get from second rate Refs. Will they be able to shine when the tackles and bullying begins. You need some steel in this league, who provides that ?

This is one of my concerns with the latest crop of talent, we seem short on height and physicality. George Thomas looks like he's the only one built to hold off someone, tho lacks height.
Sure everyone has different talents and strings to there bow to do there positional work but lack of height is a issue.

Nick

Administrator
that always seems to be the way. I cant remember ever thinking we had a more physical, taller, more aggressive team than the opposition

In league 1, it is those that always stand out.

I remember that midfielder for Scunthorpe, he wasn't an amazing player but he was big. He tore Maddison a new arsehole all game and controlled it.

AGSB15

Ghadzev has impressed me with his coolness on the ball his range of passing has been pretty good, Spence looks very lively and skilfull, not that it will benefit us much but I think he will win us a fair few free kicks, Stevenson also looked quite composed, Whitmore looks a pretty decent full back too
Not sure on the DKE twins, maybe too lightweight but don't think they are ready yet, Harries just scares the life out of me, not even sure he has a football brain I thought he was dreadful at Nuneaton in pre season last year and this year looks to be even worse, Rose has also disappointed me so far along with Reuben for the 'senior' players. Haynes has looked a little livelier but still scares me if he has the ball too near our goal

You seem to have an unhealthy hatred for young Harries, especially as it's based on seeing a couple of pre season friendlies. Most people seem to rate him and I think you'll change your mind if you see him in a run of league games.

Or maybe you secretly have a man crush on him and slating him is your way of covering it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

I gave him the benefit this season having seen him last season but I fail to see a footballer in him this is based on watching 3 pre season games so far, he may look good in the reserves as did Marcus Hall, I don't hate anyone, life is too short, but we all have opinions and I really hope the lad proves me wrong..time will tell !

covboy1987

Only friendly I have seen was Sturm Graz v Cov - stand out player was Cian Harries - Will be pushing for a starting place and also be continually watched by the bigger boys scouts as he is that good -

stevefloyd

I respect everyones opinion about Harries its just that I am sorry I just don't get it with him too many mistakes for me, he is still only young yet though so another year or so maybe a bit more streetwise and perhaps he will be a good player, as I said earlier I really hope he proves me wrong I mean wtf do I know

steve82

I respect everyones opinion about Harries its just that I am sorry I just don't get it with him too many mistakes for me, he is still only young yet though so another year or so maybe a bit more streetwise and perhaps he will be a good player, as I said earlier I really hope he proves me wrong I mean wtf do I know

I see your points, to me it's a similar case to Everton's John Stones. He had a terrible 2016 in the Everton side and makes silly mistakes tho can play with the ball and distribute it well. Despite all the errors fees of 50 million are still talked about.

Macca

Confused by this thread, pre season friendlies are constantly being described as meaningless.

ceetee

In terms of results, yes they are, but you can get some idea of which players look as if they could make it, or perhaps more definitely those who don't offer anything.

Users who are viewing this thread