WHO'D BE A MANAGER ??? - AT probably wishes he hadn't (1 Viewer)

Recent posts suggest AT is suffering with stress being manager of CCFC attempting to keep us from visiting the likes of Stevenage, Hartlepool and Yeovil next season.

Although the rewards are in abundance for very successful managers the amount of pressure associated with the manager's role doesn't suddenly disappear at 4.45 pm on a Saturday but manifests itself 24/7 via the multitude of media reporting ie:

Newspapers
Magazines
Television
Radio
Fanzines
Match Programmes

In addition whether successful or not a manager cannot carry out normal day to day living like the rest of us with free movement restricted by fans (unwanted) attention in public places.

The matchday experience clearly seen on close up TV coverage sees the manager go through a variety of emotions ranging from red face/bulging veins kicking hoardings, bottles etc to punching the air in jubilation.

In extreme cases managers lives are threatened with death threats, silver bullets and, thankfullly rarely, physical violence.

I have mixed feelings as to the desirability a managers lifestyle but if you can stand the abuse and accept the plaudits the bad experiences subside for very successful managers with a multi million £ annual cushion to ease the pain.

Therefore I must say I admire AT enormously for his commitment and loyalty to the cause albeit at the wrong end of the remuneration scale; but cheer up Andy there's only four games to go !!!

PUSB

speedie87

very true words, what surprises me is how little experience a lot of people have who go into the job.

Yes the majority have played football all their lives and know the game but how many actually have experience of trying to get a group of ppl to do what they want and be able to motivate that group?

Thats why i admire Nigel Clough he could have probably walked into a top job when he retired but spent 10 years learning the job.

Plus will football ever see another manager like Jimmy Hill who changes a club not just a team?

BackRoomRummermill

Recent posts suggest AT is suffering with stress being manager of CCFC attempting to keep us from visiting the likes of Stevenage, Hartlepool and Yeovil next season.

Although the rewards are in abundance for very successful managers the amount of pressure associated with the manager's role doesn't suddenly disappear at 4.45 pm on a Saturday but manifests itself 24/7 via the multitude of media reporting ie:

Newspapers
Magazines
Television
Radio
Fanzines
Match Programmes

In addition whether successful or not a manager cannot carry out normal day to day living like the rest of us with free movement restricted by fans (unwanted) attention in public places.

The matchday experience clearly seen on close up TV coverage sees the manager go through a variety of emotions ranging from red face/bulging veins kicking hoardings, bottles etc to punching the air in jubilation.

In extreme cases managers lives are threatened with death threats, silver bullets and, thankfullly rarely, physical violence.

I have mixed feelings as to the desirability a managers lifestyle but if you can stand the abuse and accept the plaudits the bad experiences subside for very successful managers with a multi million £ annual cushion to ease the pain.

Therefore I must say I admire AT enormously for his commitment and loyalty to the cause albeit at the wrong end of the remuneration scale; but cheer up Andy there's only four games to go !!!

PUSB

lets not get stress mixed up with over promotion to a manger and the finacial rewards that go with it

Users who are viewing this thread