Who would you like to see at city? (1 Viewer)

Gaskell

If you could pick one player, which would be a reasonable target from any of the Championship clubs (excluding QPR/Norwich)

Who would you pick?

I'd have to go with Bullard, although he's a bit injury prone I think he's in the top 10 in the championship. Has bags of skill, good set pieces and a decent shot on him.

If Ipswich got him, no reason we couldn't?
Think he's only on 9k a week which is less than Westwood, Gunnar and King.

rob9872

I think Ipswich are only paying him £9k p/w as a contribution towards the £25k p/w he was on at Hull who were struggling financially - although makes you wonder if they could have challenged the play-offs if they kept him as not a million miles off.

I think I would take Sinclair from Swansea. I was amazed when they got him on a perm as he always looked like a prem player to me

ajsccfc

Wickham's already been linked with the likes of Spurs and multi-million pound transfers, he's long since disappeared from our radar.

If we're talking reasonable, I'd be looking towards players wanting out of their relegated sides so Lonergan and Murphy stand out. I like Josh Wright at Scunthorpe too.

ashbyjan

Never likely to happen but would love to see Charlie Austin here from Burnley. Would be good replacement for Marlon and top young talent.

Jimthor

Marlon King.

rob9872

I agree no chance as only just signed for Burnley. 0 goals in 4 although that of course is too early to write him off, however I've never understood the hype about this lad. He might well turn out to be good, but has only proven himself at L1 so far and would have been a gamble at £1m.

To bes fiar I've not seen a massive amount of him and I accept that any player is a gamble, but Eastwood was prolific there and so was a certain Roy O'Donovan last season and he hasn't had a sniff. No idea how big the gulf is in the two leagues but it does seem to be a big step for many.

I'm happy we've got a massively improving Juke but he is far from teh finished article and another who stood out at L1 and in the SPL.

ashbyjan

0 in 4 and then injured for rest of season. He is a very neat and tidy player - good first touch and a clinical eye for goal. If we cant have him would take Simon Cox from the Boggies. No first team regular so maybe on loan - that is if we can have loans next season. Marlon is gone so we need someone to play alongside Juke.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I think we should put a cheeky offer in for Ian HUme.
Are we still under a Transfer embargo

sparky

id like to see us dip into the better players from league 1 its work well for us in the past e,g westwood keogh dann and fox!

Skybluedar

Javier Saviola... but I will be realistic and say Michael Quirke... oh wait he won't be here either... It's anyones guess. Nice team next year would be
Murphy
Keogh Cranie Turner Hussey
New RM Clingan Bell McSheffrey
Juke King (awesome if he stays)

Any one else would be a bonus. Few players will go I feel also. For ££££ and to balance the books. More outs than in.

Users who are viewing this thread