Who would win this? (1 Viewer)

skybluelee

Bored of talking about that c*** Fisher and his stupid fairytale new stadium nonsense, who would you back to win this 80s vs 90s battle, if all the players playing were at their CCFC peak?;

80s

Oggy
Borrows, Kilcline, Peake, Pearce
Bennett, McGrath, Speedie, Smith
Regis, Gibson

90s

Hedman
Nilsson, Williams, Shaw, Burrows
Hadji, Boateng, McAllister, Ndlovu
Dublin, Keane

....I'd say 90s, based predominately on the strikers. Althought the 80s defence looks better.

2-1 90s (Dublin (2); Speedie)

NottsCov

I was only alive for 2 years of the 80s so I've gotta go with my 90s boys. 1-0. Huckerby subbed on for Hadji in the 85th minute and with his first touch he is brought down in the box by Killer. Dublin slots the penny home.

withers

Would stick Wallace and Hately up front for the 80s team and that should swing the balance their way

RoboCCFC90

As a lad born in the nineties I would say a win for the 90's boys, 2-1 I reckon (Dublin, Regis, Keane)

Otis

I was only alive for 2 years of the 80s so I've gotta go with my 90s boys. 1-0. Huckerby subbed on for Hadji in the 85th minute and with his first touch he is brought down in the box by Killer. Dublin slots the penny home.

So, how long were you dead for, 8 years? :eek:

Shouldn't you be in the Guinness Book of World Records or something?

skybluelee

Would stick Wallace and Hately up front for the 80s team and that should swing the balance their way

I have only supported the club since 1983 so disregarded anybody prior to that. Terry Gibson was a goal machine, however, and you'd be hard pushed to leave him out.

NottsCov

So, how long were you dead for, 8 years? :eek:

Shouldn't you be in the Guinness Book of World Records or something?

Not dead, just in a drug and drink fuelled haze for 8 years after that Thatcher lady did something about the unions or something and I ended up unemployed.

ajsccfc

I'd have Froggatt wide left in that team, keep Ndlovu to come on second half and bamboozle some weary defenders. Get Huckerby on too, they won't know what's hit them (apart from a number of offside decisions)

jimmyhillsfanclub

The 1980's side would kick the 1990's sides arse big-time...

....With Willo & Shaw in defence, its a wonder how we never got relegated before 2001.

Shame Danny Thomas never made the cut skybluelee, he left in 1983 but was, IMHO, one of our finest players....massively under-rated.

ajsccfc

Breen would be in a completely different team. He'd wear number one. And then at number two, etc

RoboCCFC90

I would probably change the 90's team slightly, got to include Gary Breen and Darren Huckerby

SkyBlueHomer

80's everytime. The 80's defence would swing it & on his day Regis strength was a match for anyone

I still convinced if Borrows & Peake were playing at one of the 'big' clubs they would have had England call ups

wingy

80's everytime. The 80's defence would swing it & on his day Regis strength was a match for anyone

I still convinced if Borrows & Peake were playing at one of the 'big' clubs they would have had England call ups
Agreed I think Peake was just a little too mature when he joined us to catch the eye ,not too old as such but too far into his career,but ability wise like Jagielka is part of it now.

James Smith

Also I think Big Mo just about qualifies for a 90s team.
Away at Preston (I think it was could have been Burnley) Mo wasn't on the betting sheetas first striker to score so I went to the stadium bookies and said is he 100/1 as 'any other scorer'. Never say never and he looked like he might score on one of his little runs up the pitch so probably worth a quid. Girl decided to call head office who said no to 100/1 and instead he was back around the usual 25/1.

Last edited:

Godiva

I agree, but still the team of the 90th would win.

skybluelee

The 1980's side would kick the 1990's sides arse big-time...

....With Willo & Shaw in defence, its a wonder how we never got relegated before 2001.

Shame Danny Thomas never made the cut skybluelee, he left in 1983 but was, IMHO, one of our finest players....massively under-rated.

When I said 1983, I meant the 83/84 season. he'd left by then.

Users who are viewing this thread