Transfer Rumour Who will start the season at RWB? (1 Viewer)

Skybluedownunder

Ey up sports fans!
Haven’t seen this one suggested yet so thought I’d throw it out there.
Providing we sign a DCM in time, perhaps we could start the season with Hamer at RWB while Dabo recovers instead of the suggestions of Pask, Burroughs, Rowe etc so far.
Would be a hell of a lot stronger and seeming as Hamer played most of last season at RWB so he knows the position well. Then the new DCM plays alongside Kelly.
Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cc84cov

Ey up sports fans!
Haven’t seen this one suggested yet so thought I’d throw it out there.
Providing we sign a DCM in time, perhaps we could start the season with Hamer at RWB while Dabo recovers instead of the suggestions of Pask, Burroughs, Rowe etc so far.
Would be a hell of a lot stronger and seeming as Hamer played most of last season at RWB so he knows the position well. Then the new DCM plays alongside Kelly.
Thoughts?

Let me get this right your suggesting moving arguably our best centre midfielder to RWB when He’s played all pre season there ?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Let me get this right your suggesting moving arguably our best centre midfielder to RWB when He’s played all pre season there ?

Like you sometimes do with wingers we're going to swap Dabo and Hamer around at times to try and confuse the opposition.

Skybluedownunder

Seeming as he played there all last season and we have an abundance of CM’s but currently no proven RWB... Add to that we might possibly be signing another DCM... yes, yes I am suggesting that

SBT

I believe it's know in the biz as the 'reverse Dabo'

Not opposed to playing Hamer at RWB if we absolutely need to, but generally speaking you should play your best players in their best positions, so I think we're better off trying Pask, Burroughs or Rowe in this case.

cc84cov

Seeming as he played there all last season and we have an abundance of CM’s but currently no proven RWB... Add to that we might possibly be signing another DCM... yes, yes I am suggesting that

He played the majority at CDM he can fill in there yes but it won’t happen

Legia Sky Blue

If Dabo can't make it I'm pretty sure he will go with either Burroughs or Rowe, seeing as they are the ones that have played the position all pre season. Today would have been the perfect day to play Hamer there if MR was interested in doing so. The only other option might be if we bring in Sheaf, or someone similar, who might be also able to play at RWB.

covcity4life

Rowe as he can defend but kstaneer gives us an option if we are chasing a goal last 20

Hoepfully Dabo back soon though

Csnt wait. Really hope we best.mk done. Cup run less taxing now than previous seasons and still carries big benefits

Legia Sky Blue

If Jobello had been fit he would have been more suited to the wing back roll than Kastaneer simply on fitness grounds. No way MR will start with either in that position though in reality.

kg82

He didn’t play all last season there. He played some games there, but his natural position is CDM. Also, probably tells you more than any guess work, Robins hasn’t tried him there at all in pre-season.

pipkin73

Is he back into full contact training, or just doing fitness work?
Good question, if back into full contact training could play a part in the game (as it only the Cup) to get minutes in to his legs but if just doing fitness work he is a bit away from playing any first team games.

Sky Blue Harry H

If we beat MK in the cup. wouldn't be surprised to see Dabo get a run out in the next round to give him some game time (assuming the following round isn't too early in Sept). Edit - it's the 15/16 Sept, so a possibility. Rounds 3 a week later, and round 4 a week after that. Unless we're playing fringe players. I don't want to go too far in that - as cramming in extra games so early in the season won't help, with the league being the priority,

Users who are viewing this thread