Who will start lwb on Sat against Barnsley (1 Viewer)

Who will start in LWB position on Saturday when we play Barnsley?

• Total voters

Sky Blue Harry H

Oggy

Shaw
Breen
P Williams
Konjic
M Hall

Boateng
McAllister

Huckerby
Hadji

Dublin

3-0 City

Not sure about starting Marcus at left back. Prefer Julian Gray, I still have a memory at Highfield Rd (terracing) when Marcus Hall was tight to the goal line and instead of letting a ball go out of play he just hoofed it at an attackers arse (about a yard away from him) and it flew across the 6 yards box and the other team scored. i could see the danger before he attempted it and was willing him not to, but he did....that's why we must play Julian Gray,

wingy

4-0 to us .
Like the old days before we nearly blew it in the Joe Cole era.
Such a strange game and the eventual drop off later on
Felt like a bit of big time Charlie's.

wingy

Not sure about starting Marcus at left back. Prefer Julian Gray, I still have a memory at Highfield Rd (terracing) when Marcus Hall was tight to the goal line and instead of letting a ball go out of play he just hoofed it at an attackers arse (about a yard away from him) and it flew across the 6 yards box and the other team scored. i could see the danger before he attempted it and was willing him not to, but he did....that's why we must play Julian Gray,
Ah Marcus the CB in his second incarnation after Stoke.
V Wigan and a very creditable performance undone by that stunning Nathan Ellington finish ,when Dr De Zeuw could still do his stuff.

Mucca Mad Boys

Giles will start v Barnsley, and probably the following game before McCallum starts.

ccfcway

Wouldn’t surprise me at all of Giles starts, and in 2nd half mcallum comes on for Allen and Giles gets pushed further fwd

Brighton Sky Blue

It wouldnt concede many but not sure shaw is a rwb would possibly replace with dabo

I see your point but I think Shaw is more of a goal threat, 1 in 317 compared to Dabo's 0 in 33.

I think Marcus offers us more of a threat from throw ins to be honest.

skybluepm2

Giles 100%. He’s waited patiently for his chance and taken it with both hands. Let’s not pretend that McCallum is some sort of galatico. Very surprised he’s back - pleasantly I might add - but I see him as a squad player and has no right to walk into this team. Personally thought that Mason was more than adequate as a backup in this position.

torchomatic

Should be Giles.

KenilworthSkyBlue

MR has always gone by the 'it's your shirt to lose' mantra. Giles starts.

Agreed. What's that going to do for Giles' moral if after playing brilliantly in the first two fixtures of the campaign, he's suddenly dropped as soon as one of last seasons golden boy's comes back into the side?

Unless he happens to pick up an illness or injury this week, Giles starts.

Last edited:

Brylowes

Definitely Gilles from the start with McCallum replacing him on 68 minutes to help
protect a 1 - 0 lead, eventually running out 2 - 0 winners :)

no_loyalty

To the tune of Robin Hood (a parody of the Ryan Giggs song)

Ryan Giles, Ryan Giles,
Running down the wing,
Ryan Giles, Ryan Giles
Running down the wing,
Loved by Sky Blues,
Win, draw or lose,
Ryan Giles, Ryan Giles, Ryan Giles!

Users who are viewing this thread