Who will start in midfield? (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

With Oliver Norwood adding to the centre midfield thorns got a tricky task to decide who will play in midfield.

Should we start with the diamond?

Sheffs
Thomas Deegan
Norwood
Or do we add attacking nature with baker or bell?
Also we can't forget GAEL who IMO is good enough but needs to get used to the physical nature of the championship.
He had played for the academy in the cup a few weeks back, maybe a drop back to the U18s for a short while would be good to get his confidence back in a winning side that they are?

THOMAS has been superb recently and bar keogh he has been the star man for me this season and I think he deserves a start.

DEEGAN, adds the physical side , and the battle we hadn't seen till his return but did look poor last night.

CLINGAN, well... I haven't been impressed at all this season, misplaced passes here and there, always very defensive, his free kicks and corners weak.
But he adds some sort of experience needed in our squad.

Norwood, haven't heard to much about him, but had some tweets from united fans saying he's a player who's good on the ball and can pick out passes? We will see saturday whether he deserves a place.

BELL + BAKER, both the most attacking of the midfield.
Bell had a superb game (well second half) last week against boro, bar his shot, he picked out some good paces and worked well with nimely platt and macca.
But whenever else this season he has been poor, slow and poor work rate.
Baker, I thought was on a good run of form over christmas? Why he hasn't been involved the last couple of games I won't know.
I like baker, I think he on his day can beat any man with skill, and seems at times as the only one who can have the guts to have a shot from outside the box!!

I would like to include Sheffers in this but when he plays in CAM, he pushes so far on its like he's the 3rd striker.

Thoughts?

CUS Wyken

I'm a Deegan fan but last night he was poor.

I like the look of if using the diamond.

Macca
Thomas Baker
Norwood

ccfcway

see Norwich are playing the "diamond" again tonight, will be interesting to see, havent seen them play this year yet and they are doing well

ccfcway

see Norwich are playing the "diamond" again tonight, will be interesting to see, havent seen them play this year yet and they are doing well

getting completely over ran in midfield,

its not even HT and they should be at last 4-0 down

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Wheres Norwood's best position? Do we know? If the loan turns out like Gardners we wont see him im his best position. I personally dont rate Clingan, and whilst he chooses to not sign a new deal, and play poorly, id drop him, playing Thomas, Norwood, Deegan (although he has been poor, he hasnt had as much match time as Sammy), Macca.

Paxman II

Bench. same starting 11 as Blackpool. The question is...who does Norwood replace on the bench? Likely hood is Thomas injured so Baker or Bell starts.

shmmeee

I'd go 4-3-3 (4-5-1 away):

Norwood Clingan Thomas (if fit, Deegan if not)
Nimley Platt Sheffers

shmmeee

Bench. same starting 11 as Blackpool. The question is...who does Norwood replace on the bench? Likely hood is Thomas injured so Baker or Bell starts.

Why? By all accounts the guy is capable of running games and picking the final pass, something we've sorely missed, why keep him out?

covcity4life

thomas has finger injury i think,hopefully he will be ok for saturday

id go with

-------clingan
deegan----thomas
-----mcsheff

norwood for clingan second half

CovLis86

My knowledge of Norwood is that he is a playmaker, and takes great set pieces. So he would be wasted as DM for me, put Deegs there, norwood/Thomas/Bigi in middle, and Sheffers up top.

mememe

Surely this lad coming to us points to clingan leaving on emergency loan? I cant see they would bring him in otherwise, bit of a desperate move in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread