who will be the 1st CCFC player to fall foul of new ref laws (1 Viewer)

georgehudson

with the new referee laws governing 'intolerable behaviour' who'll be the first City player to get a card,
& is it because the ref's have got such a fragile disposition ?
Clattenburg's gonna have a field day,
remind me of the quip attributed to Rodney Marsh, who when approaching a ref said,
Hey ref can i be sent off for what i'm thinking ?
the ref replied 'No'
Marsh's attributed reply being
That's ok then because i think you're a c***

ajsccfc

They won't enforce what are really existing laws already to any noticeable degree, they're too vague in a sport where people still can't agree on offside and what a foul is.

Chipfat

For this to work 2 things need to happen, refs need to enforce the rule in top level prem games so all follow and we need education starting at U 9's academies and to keep reinforcing to them that no talking to the ref during or when decisions are made then things will get better. As for players now they will struggle with this but after a few reds the ones with a brain will back off and understand the cost of any action taken while playing. This is a good rule for me and if enforced can be used in a very positive manner. Also education now to our younger players will help when they become parents standing on the sideline or in a stand that being abusive or uncontrollable is not or does not have a place in the game.

Passion does not have to leave the game just have to have players with enough knowledge and understanding to use it well, if a decision is made a whistle blows the game dead anyway so if the Ref need a use the TV to define the decision then both set of players will go towards each other and not the ref anyway. I see no problem with trying and see no problem with asking the players to make better decisions and take responsibility of who they are while millions are watching or reading. It might even make the powers that be select more intelligent players, so instruction about the game can be taught instead of brainless hard man running around with no idea of how or what to do other than spit, kick, swear and cheat.

Otis

I think it was only going to be a matter of time before an official would get attacked or manhandled during a professional football game in this country.

This has to be a step in the right direction.

Maybe a bit mad at first, but it won't last past 2 or 3 matches tops. Managers and coaches are going to have to drum it into their squads to behave.

Ian1779

As much as I dislike the oval balled game, they have got it right in terms of on-field protocol. Only the captain should be able to speak to ref about decisions on the pitch.

Happy_Martian

RCC seems to know who's going to get hurt by the new rules :)

Clipboard01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread