Who wants Quinny there sunday? (1 Viewer)

Vedere

Would love to see the big man turn out! He was a good craic up Christ the King when he did the after dinner speaking!

Sterling Archer

Can anyone remember Micky Quinn smashing a penalty over the East stand when it was being redeveloped back in the early 90's? I think Mick Harford came on and scored the winner in his only appearance for us in the same game.

I'm just trying to work out if my memory is deceiving me.

hutch1972

Can anyone remember Micky Quinn smashing a penalty over the East stand when it was being redeveloped back in the early 90's? I think Mick Harford came on and scored the winner in his only appearance for us in the same game.

Your right , v Newcastle of all teams

Scottiemc

Yeah, I won the caption comp in the programme just after...!

It was a pic of the players carrying the goal posts during training!

I could resist:
"Higher lads, Quinny is practising his penalties"

Hartford with a big looping header if I remember right.

LEGEND....I remember being in Reflections when he was getting moved out the door by Phil Neal, he was pissed got on the DJ's mic and told everyone that he didn't want to leave and it was that cunit Neal making him leave...he said he loved at Cov. Hatrick V Arsenal nuff said!!

Sky Blue Harry H

He'll have to get in touch with Razor Ruddock to lend him a pair of shorts that'll fit :D:D:eek::eek:

Nonleagueherewecome

Yeah, I won the caption comp in the programme just after...!

It was a pic of the players carrying the goal posts during training!

I could resist:
"Higher lads, Quinny is practising his penalties"

Hartford with a big looping header if I remember right.

Brilliant times. One of my favourite ever seasons. Everything was just so exciting!

Nonleagueherewecome

Last edited:

junglej13

Just finished reading Quinny's book. Great read. He says he was raging about missing this pen because it was against Newcastle and Keegan had bombed him out. As I remember this was Harford's only game for us as he got a back injury which was blamed on the old highfield road subs bench. Quinny's booked reckons Harford was out on the piss and hit the deck after trying to hurdle a bar stool (or something similar!)

mark82

Has to be there. Would be great to see him in a City top again. My first ever favourite player.

Nonleagueherewecome

Just finished reading Quinny's book. Great read. He says he was raging about missing this pen because it was against Newcastle and Keegan had bombed him out. As I remember this was Harford's only game for us as he got a back injury which was blamed on the old highfield road subs bench. Quinny's booked reckons Harford was out on the piss and hit the deck after trying to hurdle a bar stool (or something similar!)

He was meant to be finished-and went on to play for years for Wimbledon, ending up dropping to midfield but still being really effective. Probably our best ever one-game-wonder!

ajsccfc

One of my favourite things about Mick Harford was playing for someone who'd just conceded. The scoring team had this rehearsed celebration where they all lie down to do some kind of routine, and right on cue Harford comes into shot and just tramples through the entire group.

Nonleagueherewecome

One of my favourite things about Mick Harford was playing for someone who'd just conceded. The scoring team had this rehearsed celebration where they all lie down to do some kind of routine, and right on cue Harford comes into shot and just tramples through the entire group.

He was a proper old-school player, no wonder Wimbledon loved him. Old football was much better than Premiership football.

skybluericoh

I remember him say how he was the quickest play on the pitch, but only for yard and if it was in the box.

Great times they were!

VegetableSamosa

yeah i remember him saying he would beat linford christie over a yard.

Speaking of Lynford Christie, we should get Marlon Devonish to play. If United can have Usain Bolt, surely we can field Devonish. We'd have to drop our usual Marlon songs though...

ashbyjan

Just had message from Quinny - unfortunately he won't be coming - he is working on Sunday and its too short notice to rearrange, wishes all well for day.

Sterling Archer

Shame Ndlovu had his recent car crash, I 'd pay a shed load of cash to see him play for us again. Most skilful and tricky player I've seen at City, loved him.

Users who are viewing this thread