Who to renew? (1 Viewer)

stupot07

I see a lot want to keep Johnson, for me it's not just about the waste of wages with him guarenteed to miss at least half a season (he has for the last 7-8 years), but also the disruption it has caused in trying to replace him when he does get injured. I'd rather we spend money on getting a replacement dominant centre back who had a decent injury record and you know is going to play 40+ league games in a season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stevefloyd

Defence has almost been a constant worry this season, sure we have had injuries but some of the replacements have not stepped up... let Reda go he is great when he is playing but thats not as often as we would like... phillips not good enough and Ricketts age seems to be catching him up so also let go.. Fleck doesnt do enough for 90 minutes, when he is good he is very good but he is never very good usually for a full game. I guess we have to make a decision on Tudgay or Henderson ...Tudgays obviously scored more for us but would he be any good for 15 goals or so ..I somehow doubt it

standupforcity

Stokes - YES
Johnson - NO time to move him on, no point having a player that's injured every season for at least 60% of the season.
Thomas - NO
Fleck - YES but won't stay if we're in league one
JOB - YES but TM doesn't want him
Lorentzon - UNDECIDED
Cole - YES but he won't stay if we're in league one
Phillips - NO
Ricketts - NO
Tudgay - NO
Martin - YES
Ramage - NO
MAF - NO
Hunt - NO
Henderson - NO
Finch - NO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

where's Lameiras on that list...

standupforcity

It seems the general consensus is vaguely along these lines:

Definitely keep
Stokes

Probably keep unless we can get someone better / give the benefit of the doubt for the sake of continuity
Phillips
Martin
Ricketts

Ideally keep but probably won’t stay
Fleck
JOB
Cole

Ideally keep but can’t stay fit (pay as you play?)
Johnson

Too early to say / probably not
Lorentzon
Henderson
Tudgay

Definitely release
Thomas
Ramage
MAF
Hunt
Finch

Again..why is Rameiras missing from this list...is he invisible?!! No mention of him anywhere...

skyblueelephant

The big problem next season is that there will be no 'emergency loans' outside the transfer windows so we need strength in depth at the start of the season and can't afford to waste money on injury prone players.

If we hadn't been able to bring in Turner as an emergency loan we wouldn't be in the top 6 now so it's going to be a big change.

oucho

I think he's contracted until June 2017. Do correct me if I am wrong.

shy_tall_knight

We've had "operation premiership" fairly catchy project name, I think for next season it should be "operational what a waste of time and effort the previous season was and we need to completely rebuild our squad as none of our goalscorers, creative players are left and we haven't developed any of our own youth players this season but brought in a load of old has beens with the exceptional of Cole who have been crap". Possibly need to work on that for moreeffective marketing.

RegTheDonk

We've had "operation premiership" fairly catchy project name, I think for next season it should be "operational what a waste of time and effort the previous season was and we need to completely rebuild our squad as none of our goalscorers, creative players are left and we haven't developed any of our own youth players this season but brought in a load of old has beens with the exceptional of Cole who have been crap". Possibly need to work on that for moreeffective marketing.

Catchy.

shmmeee

Operation Phoenix: rising from the ashes of last seasons firey car crash.

Users who are viewing this thread