Who should be moved on? (1 Viewer)

skybluepm2

Surely a no-brainer that Haynes would be released ahead of him?

Haynes should never pull on the shirt again. Abysmal liability. There will be the odd few who still believe he has this undoubted ability to make it to the Premier League, has electrifying pace or could be a superb winger. He was an embarrassment in League 2, so why the hell should we waste a wage and sways berth in League 1. Stokes’ return to form at the end of last season was one of the contributing factors in us going up.

Otis

Haynes should never pull on the shirt again. Abysmal liability. There will be the odd few who still believe he has this undoubted ability to make it to the Premier League, has electrifying pace or could be a superb winger. He was an embarrassment in League 2, so why the hell should we waste a wage and sways berth in League 1. Stokes’ return to form at the end of last season was one of the contributing factors in us going up.
We certainly began to look a lot more solid again.

Magwitch

We are operating a one out, one in policy we’ve let four go the Evans twins, Reid and Sayoud for Brown Allassani, Bosna and JCH and a number of youth players out and one in Morgan Williams can’t see a lot of difference in the wage bill either so I think that trend will continue, I expect about three more to leave and three to come in then there’s loans, interesting isn’t it.

Manchester_sky_blue

We are operating a one out, one in policy we’ve let four go the Evans twins, Reid and Sayoud for Brown Allassani, Bosna and JCH and a number of youth players out and one in Morgan Williams can’t see a lot of difference in the wage bill either so I think that trend will continue, I expect about three more to leave and three to come in then there’s loans, interesting isn’t it.
Reid being off the bill would free up substantial funds i would have thought but there again i don't imagine Brown or Westbrook came here for peanuts.

Makes no sense to let Stokes go, if someone came in for him and offered a fee and he wanted to go then thats different but releasing him would be counter productive.

Esoterica

I'd allow Ponticelli to go out on loan if he's guaranteed to play as a striker. He's had his bit part season in L2 playing on the wing and grabbing a few goals when played up top. Think he'd benefit more from a full season playing up front in L2 rather than another bit part season being used as fresh legs, albeit at a higher level.

Terry Gibson's perm

If that is the case we are doing well as the four replacements are better

scottccfc

I'd allow Ponticelli to go out on loan if he's guaranteed to play as a striker. He's had his bit part season in L2 playing on the wing and grabbing a few goals when played up top. Think he'd benefit more from a full season playing up front in L2 rather than another bit part season being used as fresh legs, albeit at a higher level.
id even let him go to a top non league team in the conference, shame tranmere have come up as they would of been ideal

Magwitch

Not sure about that , Ponticelli is now old enough to see how he fits in division one, Bobby Gould, Robbie Keane both came in the city teams at 19 stayed and scored regularly, why ? They were good enough.

Mr Panda

Not sure about that , Ponticelli is now old enough to see how he fits in division one, Bobby Gould, Robbie Keane both came in the city teams at 19 stayed and scored regularly, why ? They were good enough.

Keane was a special talent. I agree that Ponticelli would benefit from a season away playing regularly upfront to find himself as a player in a big boy league and work on things like his first touch.

Esoterica

Robbie Keane had had close to 90 appearances for Wolves over 2 full seasons when he signed for us which was probably one of the reasons why he was good enough. Ponticelli's areas for development are pretty clear and 20 minutes on the right wing here and there in L1 won't teach him much in that respect. If that's all we can offer him this season then rather than him being here as a 4th choice striker again I think he'd improve much more playing 90 minutes every week as an out and out striker, albeit in a league below.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I for 1 expect Ponticelli to stay here and fight for a place 4 place striker no lets not go on last years form at the start of the season all players start equal and whoever
produces the goals and plays well gets the place . I think he has a the best eye for an opportunity since Callum Wilson , give the guy starts in his central position in some friendlies .Personally I think and hope he will be one of the stars for us this season

Sky Blue Harry H

Robbie Keane had had close to 90 appearances for Wolves over 2 full seasons when he signed for us which was probably one of the reasons why he was good enough. Ponticelli's areas for development are pretty clear and 20 minutes on the right wing here and there in L1 won't teach him much in that respect. If that's all we can offer him this season then rather than him being here as a 4th choice striker again I think he'd improve much more playing 90 minutes every week as an out and out striker, albeit in a league below.

Tricky one, as he is a natural finisher and we'd be gutted if something happened injury wise to e.g. McNulty during the season. We could then be left with a 'Stuart Beavon' type to replace him, whilst Ponticelli was elsewhere and we couldn't get him back. I do get your point re: game time/experience, though.

SlowerThanPlatt

Reckon a few of our young lads could end up at Wrexham on loan. Sam Ricketts manager there and was around the U23 set up for a bit

Users who are viewing this thread