Who remembers 16th May 1997 (1 Viewer)

deanocity3

Yes 1997 !!!
David Busst testimonial v Man Utd
with guests Les Ferdinand and Gazza star for the Sky Blues
Oggy played up front with David Speedie towards the end of the match.
The Match programme is worth a pretty penny due to Cantona's last match in a United shirt and scoring 2 goals.He announced his retirement 2 days after the match.
http://oldcoventryonfilm.vidmeup.com/view?q=50ec8582acd57.flv
film not that brill

CovisGod

I was there ! Buust coming on to take the penalty, and its the first game I've ever been to that ended early ! Ended in the 87th min straight after the spot kick,

Cracking day out

hill83

I was in the East stand for the first and only time for that game. On crutches as I'd decimated my groin in a 4x4 100m relay incident.
Good times.

LastGarrison

I may be making this up but didn't Cantona swap shirts at half time as it was his last/one of his last games for United?

Wrenstreetcarpark

It was Cantona's last game in a United shirt. He was out of contract but had promised that he would bring a full United team to Cov. He did.

LastGarrison

Sure he had a short sleeved shirt first half and long sleeve second half (or the other way round) gave one to Busst to auction and kept the other.

SkyBlueChris

I was there ! Buust coming on to take the penalty, and its the first game I've ever been to that ended early ! Ended in the 87th min straight after the spot kick,

Cracking day out

Oggy handball if my memory serves me right... He was playing right midfielld haha! Great night!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I remember it well! I was a steward in the MacDonalds Family Stand. Great game! Gasgoine in a City shirt! Amazing! Cantona - top player - even though I 'ate United!

AngryAnt

Never liked fergie but fair play to him for that night.. I still remember the acident like it was yesterday and the crack..
I'm pretty sure i was there, remember the whole atmosphere.

Out of interest though, why was Gazza there? I mean while it was great to see him there, he didn't have anything to do with either club.

Diehard Si

Great night. Wasn't it just after stopping up at Spurs also?

I remember The Great Escape playing over the tannoys as we all filtered out of the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread