Who is your player of the season so far ? (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

For me its Romain Vincelot .yes he doesnt have the flair of most , but i love the never say die attitude he has , he is very consistent and allows john fleck to produce what we all knew he could .
Great player at this level

stevefloyd

Last year was difficult to pick anyone but this year we have a plethora of players we could pick

CovisGod

O'Brien doesn't get enough credit,

Can't really pick between him,

Vincelot
Fleck
Armstrong
Ricketts

That said, they've all done themselves proud thus far, RCC coming in and doing a job, Murphy has had a couple of MOTM performances, Maddison showed signs of brilliance before his injury,

Certainly a good time to be a Cov fan

percy

O'Brien doesn't get enough credit,

Can't really pick between him,

Vincelot
Fleck
Armstrong
Ricketts

That said, they've all done themselves proud thus far, RCC coming in and doing a job, Murphy has had a couple of MOTM performances, Maddison showed signs of brilliance before his injury,

Certainly a good time to be a Cov fan

saved me a lot of typing. agree completely

Kilclines curly mullet

Ricketts for bringing a calming influence to the defence and team in general
Vincelot for doing the dirty work and allowing others to play
Fleck for showing the potential that we all knew was there
Armstrong for the obvious.
And finally (and most controversially probably) I think Martin deserves praise. Not saying player of the season by any chance but maybe most improved ?!?

Esoterica

I love an underdog:
1. Armstrong because people were saying they didn't know where the goals were coming from.
2. Ricketts because people were saying his legs had gone.
3. Stokes because people were slating him for being a Forest Green Rovers reserve player.

CCFCKirky

Player(s) of the season
1. Ricketts
2. Fleck
3. Vincelot
4. Armstrong

Most improved: Aaron Martin
Young player: Armstrong or RCC
special mention: Tony Mowbray, the sky blue army

last year we could have chosen a huge list of players who we could vote the worst player of the season, But this year we have the complete opposite problem, the talent we have is unreal and Mowbray is the driving force behind our dramatic transformation, he has installed a sence of belief in the players and made the players want to play for us which has been reflected on the players performances. Which leads me to the sky blue army, the support has been fantastic, over 1000 fans going to away games week in week out combined with making the Ricoh a fortress I think has had a huge impact on the players also.

shmmeee

Fleck. He's been the heart of the team and though I've only seen us at home, when he plays, we play.

Would agree with shouts for Vincelot, Ricketts and Armstrong to some extent.

Martin for most improved.

stupot07

1) Vincelot
2) Fleck
3) Ricketts
4) Armstrong

Martin has been much improved and also a special mention to Stokes who has continued to impress in the step up into league one.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Fleck for me has been outstanding.

It seems he came here overrated and has now become so incredibly underrated.

Astute

I can't even decide who is the best in midfield :D

GK-RCC. He is everything plus more that we wanted from Burge.

Defender-Ricketts. Not come to us for a final payday. Solid most games. Has helped our defenders no end with his experience.

Midfield-Fleck has become the player we thought we had signed. Can hit a good 30 yard pass as well as go past players. Vincelot-Stops their midfield from playing. Good solid tackles. Gets in the area and can score goals.

Striker-Armstrong. A class above other strikers in this division. He has vision and a sweet shot. Full of confidence.

Looking forward to the return of Maddison. He looked the most improved player before his injury. And it isn't too late for him to be player of the season if he can carry on from where he left. I just hope that we can have him and Armstrong play together for the rest of the season when he comes back. We should come top of the table if it happens.

torchomatic

RV for me too, though O'Brien has been good too. Not sure why he doesn't get the plaudits he deserves.

Joy Division

The obvious answer is Armstrong for the goals he is producing but for me its John Fleck for the consistent good performances. He's the heartbeat of the team and probably the player I'd least want to lose.

Specs WT-R75

What a refreshing change from last years "he played the most games so it had to be JoB"...

Whilst you cannot ignore Armstrong's goals, without some of the other players in the team he wouldn't have those goals. If he stays the whole year and gets 20 then it will be a brave man not to give him the PoY...

For me Fleck is my player of the season thus far, and it's also only really possible due to the excellent job that Vincelot is doing alongside him. After the game on Saturday Fleck was on his own on the field and you could see how much that win meant to him. He looks massively motivated under Tony Mowbrays leadership.

Most improved for me is Stokes.

Unsung hero is Ricketts - the less we have to talk about our defenders the better!

lifeskyblue

Not sure I can yet say as I have been fairly impressed by all. I agree fleck has become a different player thanks in large part to Vincelot. ricketts calming influence is there for all to see and Armstrong goal scoring touch is phenomenal at league 1 level. Add to that the great cameos we have had from Murphy in the final quarter of games (and JOB) and the unbelievable improvements from Martin and stokes. In goal...burge never cost a goal and RCC looks safe and secure. Kent will come good and Maddison when he returns. Lameries has had some good games and Reda looked in great form. And I must mention tudgay...a model professional who hasn't as yet been given a full crack at it yet.
If I was to choose I would go with Vincelot as I believe all his hard, often unseen, work enables others to build and develop play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ready_96

I'd have to go with fleck, such a pivotal player. Players have the confidence to give him the ball in any position and he'll somehow manage not to loose the ball and find a route out of the danger. The odd time he does fuck up, it does sometimes result in a goal and that just shows how vital it is that he has a good game...

no_loyalty

I'd go with Ricketts due to the fact he is great captain, something we have missed in recent seasons

harvey098

Armstrong by a distance, his finishing is simply astonishing!

I dont think its anyone "by a distance" - This thread proves that! So brilliant to have so many consistent performers.

Im 24 in a couple of weeks so only really ever experienced doom and gloom - this is the happiest I have ever been supporting Coventry.

Jay88

John Fleck - best central midfielder in the league. Great season so far and has got alot of drive. Supported well by Vincelot.

87mint

Fleck all day long. I'm just worried that it will be both his best and his final season in a cov shirt.

letsallsingtogether

After the last few games has to be the fans getting a roar on to push the team forward.
We were losing 2-0 on Saturday then the Sky Blue So g nearly blew the roof off started our comeback.......
PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread