Who is your choice Grendel (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Okay Grendel my dear who is your preferred pick for our hot seat then. Of the two so called favourites mine is Tony Mowbray, bit of old school, something to prove and been there and done it elsewhere

Grendel

How nice to ask me Rupert.

I find it someone difficult to believe these are the final two - especially Mowbray. Both would command higher salaries and have higher budget expectations.

Rosler I wouldn't see any appeal - could easily be a Dowie or Coleman - one season of success as a manager followed by a decline.

Mowbray would be a hard working honest type and a good choice - but I'm still not convinced how we could persuade him and meet his requirements.

Evo1883

How nice to ask me Rupert.

I find it someone difficult to believe these are the final two - especially Mowbray. Both would command higher salaries and have higher budget expectations.

Rosler I wouldn't see any appeal - could easily be a Dowie or Coleman - one season of success as a manager followed by a decline.

Mowbray would be a hard working honest type and a good choice - but I'm still not convinced how we could persuade him and meet his requirements.
I feel the same , but have it in my head now its him haha .
It would be better than most expected surely and im guessing he will have been promised something..
Can they keep that promise

mgw747

Grendel, I agree that SISU cannot /will not provide a budget Mowbray would require. However they can mislead him into thinking he will get a budget uplift if he keeps them from relegation. I also doubt they will manage to persuade him as he isn't a mug. and probably isn't desperate enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rupert_bear

For me Mowbray has that bit of Mick McCarthy about him who was linked to us last time, fanciful at the time and never would have been 100% popular but has turned Ipswich around., Mowbray is old school type. and I believe if it turns out to be him there has to be a change of direction policy wise by Waggot and co or there could be another Mark Robins situation on their hands. Also our finicky fans will give him time to get things right or should I say better.

Last edited:

skybluesam1987

I just don't seem to be able to shake off the feeling that they will say something like. "We have been unable to get the target we wanted so we have decided to appoint from within."

steveecov

I just don't seem to be able to shake off the feeling that they will say something like. "We have been unable to get the target we wanted so we have decided to appoint from within."

To really piss off the fans and demotivate whoever the new guy turns out to be....Genius....Baldrick, you been speaking to mr W of another of your cunning plans?

KG7

For me Mowbray has that bit of Mick McCarthy about him who was linked to us last time, fanciful at the time and never would have been 100% popular but has turned Ipswich around., Mowbray is old school type. and I believe if it turns out to be him there has to be a change of direction policy wise by Waggot and co or there could be another Mark Robins situation on their hands. Also our finicky fans will give him time to get things right or should I say better.

where's this notion that Mowbray is 'old school' coming from? Is it because he looks rugged and dour?

Every report about his tenure at Hibs talks about his free flowing, progressive style and his West Brom team were lauded (and later criticised) for their one touch quick attacking style...

Users who are viewing this thread