Who is the one player..... (1 Viewer)

Hobo

Dean Emmerson

ccfcway

Dion.

Would have ben a great foil for AA, and then helped out at the back with the injuries, instead of having every man and his dog in central defence

Londonccfcfan

Definately Dion no doubt about it!

Not just upfront. We wouldn't have conceded half the soft headers from set pieces defending. Not to mention he scored penalties!

Gazolba

Ron Farmer the penalty king.

hamil99

Facebook User
My first thought was Dion but the more I think about it Wise wouldn't have stood for some of the performances that have been put in this season.

What about psycho Stuart Pearce then. The defense would of been to scared to let a goal in!

oscillatewildly

Really tempted to go for a striker as the goals just seemed to dry up for large parts of the second half of the season, but defensively we went thru centre backs like Spinal tap did drummers. So for me it's Kilcline and the presence he would have made to propel us on.

Last edited:

shmmeee

The correct answer. He made his name in this division IIRC. Would've given us leadership, goals and a threat in the air at both ends. Best bang for your buck if you only get one player. Play Arma in the 10 role.

SkyBlueSid

The man to have got us more goals when they were drying up would be George Hudson. He was a class above when he played at this level.

Otis

Ah, if we are starting to delve back into he depths of history it has to be Clarrie Bourton!

Forget about Bury at home, we would be winning 6-0 every week and he would have had eleventy billion goals for the season.

Not bad looking back, considering he was out injured for 5 months.

Boatang definately reda johnson great if the season lasted five to dight games a season if turner would have stayed healthy play off for sure

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Kid

No brainer. George Curtis.. Solid at the back. You wouldn't see anywhere near the amount of goals scored against us from corners, or nippy players getting past the defence to score that you see now... He would have smashed them before they got anywhere near the penalty area. ;)

Hadji10

We can have ANY player from our history and some of you are choosing Reda Johnson? Unbelievable.

mark82

We can have ANY player from our history and some of you are choosing Reda Johnson? Unbelievable.

To be fair, if Reda had stayed fit we'd almost certainly have been top 6.

On the basis a big defender is what we've lacked I'd go with Mo Konjic. Argument could be made for a striker too. Armstrong was burnt out by Christmas.

Brylowes

To be fair you can only really pick from what you have seen, and unfortunately for some
they have only seen the Reda's of our club, on the other hand fortunately for some
they have yoof on there side. ;)

Sky Blue Kid

Some of us old fogeys have seen players that would "Make your Reda's of today" look like pussy cats, but were not just hardmen, they could actually play a bloody good game of football. Curtis(My favourite CB) Hudsons silky skills, Ray Pointer(My all time Hero) Tommy Hutch, Ronnie Rees(Fabulous left wingers) Dublin(Solid CF) and the list goes on. After the Dublin era, apart from Dennis Wise, there's nobody really worth writing about.

Brylowes

Some of us old fogeys have seen players that would "Make your Reda's of today" look like pussy cats, but were not just hardmen, they could actually play a bloody good game of football. Curtis(My favourite CB) Hudsons silky skills, Ray Pointer(My all time Hero) Tommy Hutch, Ronnie Rees(Fabulous left wingers) Dublin(Solid CF) and the list goes on. After the Dublin era, apart from Dennis Wise, there's nobody really worth writing about.
Robbie Keane, Scott Dann, David McGoldrick, Danny fox, Callum Willson, but your right
there weren't many, and when they were here, they weren't here long.

Users who are viewing this thread