Who is Rob Stevens (1 Viewer)

Matty_CCFC

On way into work this Morning I caught an article on CWR from Rob Stevens regading how much money Coventry had lost since CCF left for Northampton.
Did not make sense and just trying work out who he is?

tuousis

On way into work this Morning I caught an article on CWR from Rob Stevens regading how much money Coventry had lost since CCF left for Northampton.
The Grandfather of shakin Stevens.

MichaelCCFC

Rob Stevens and Stuart Cosgrove are the figureheads of the back to ricoh group. Rob lives down south, he came to a couple of the kcic events at the FL/sisu. Rob and Stuart were both at the last Trust meeting and both are nice blokes. I don't agree with their viewpoint but you can have a good conversation (argument!) with them and still get on

Rob S

Cheers Michael...can't say fairer than that and same for you. I can thank/blame you for re-inspiring my passion for CCFC when I was ready to chuck it all in due the the frustration with the debacle we found ourselves in :)

Matty: I think what you heard was me giving a rough calculation of how much money might be being lost by not having away fans – by the city as a whole – on a single match.

E.g. Sheff Utd bring down 5000 fans who spend an average of £50 each (ticket, booze, food, parking, sweets, cuddly toy etc.) makes a total of £250,000 potentially lost just from one set of fans on one day.

Basically making the point that the city is losing out on millions because the club is not playing there and that the council should commission a survey to try and come up with a more accurate set of figures than my back-of-a-bus-ticket ones.

J

Jack Griffin

I don't think their argument holds much water, although businesses round the Ricoh will be getting less income the money is being spent on alternatives, probably as much in Coventry as not. Their assessment where it is actually being spent will be pure guesswork, so it is worthless.

The main effect of the move is that CCFC will have a radically reduced turnover, that is a decision the directors of those companies have made, its up to them to see sense and negotiate a return to Coventry.

The Prefect

I've known Rob for years. He was instrumental in the starting of the Sky Blues Trust (first incarnation).

The Trust morphed from a fans action group called CCFC-IS that wanted to acquire shares during Richardson and Robinson's time. The fans action group grew from a group of friends / contacts on the original Coventry Evening Telegraph fans forum.

Two people started the thing rolling in a pub in central London as both lived and worked in London at the time. Rob was one and I was the other.

Rob is sky blue through and through!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I've known Rob for years. He was instrumental in the starting of the Sky Blues Trust (first incarnation).

The Trust morphed from a fans action group called CCFC-IS that wanted to acquire shares during Richardson and Robinson's time. The fans action group grew from a group of friends / contacts on the original Coventry Evening Telegraph fans forum.

Two people started the thing rolling in a pub in central London as both lived and worked in London at the time. Rob was one and I was the other.

Rob is sky blue through and through!

So the fact that this group get a lot of exposure in the telegraph has got nothing to do with the fact that Mr stevens and Mr Reid went to university together and are old friends or have I got the wrong Mr Stevens:thinking about:pretty much follows Mr Reids line though

Users who are viewing this thread